Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: List of Luv

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Halo Infinity what @elevenism said +1

I love all my ETS and fellow NIN.com forums people.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe

No reason, they are just a good fuckin person and my heart swells when I think of them.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    @eversonpoe

No reason, they are just a good fuckin person and my heart swells when I think of them.

thanks, tony, that means a lot to me <3

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i miss @Amaro who hasn't posted since march (hope you're ok!) and @playwithfire who hasn't posted in i don't even know how long

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    and @playwithfire who hasn't posted in i don't even know how long
    <3 thanks friend, I'm not really around these days but ily and hope your world is good.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    @allegro because she's smart and @allegate because the username is almost the same as allegro. Also you're both nice.

Did allegate go by a different name before?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @allegro because she's smart and @allegate because the username is almost the same as allegro. Also you're both nice.

Aw, thanks R.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @allegater

Allegater. That was his original name. (Not really.)

He and @allegro are definitely two of the brightest people in this forum. I originally assumed that they knew each other.

I dig the shit out of both of those personalities, as well as your own, @Erneuert
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-10-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    That's what I thought too, lol.

Dig ya too man!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post

ah, no. actually I've gone by allegate since 1994 when I signed up for an AOL account. 99% of the stuff you see on the internet under that name is me. Which I probably shouldn't say out loud because there's some real shit out there - everyone grows up from something, especially over 26 years - but it's-a me. also do you know how weird it is to find out it's an actual word? to me it's just a portmanteau of the college I went to - Allegheny College (yes, that one. also I was a student DJ. and no I didn't pick the college for that reason, I didn't know until I was there) - and alligator. You know how in The Usual Suspects he makes names up based on what he sees in the office? That was me then, looking around the computer desk and trying to come up with a username. But to be honest it also helps that since it's a real word, it's harder to find my old stuff.

but thanks. I try really hard to not be a dick online now. The 'now' is key because for awhile there I was on a message board where it was...encouraged...and I was a huge dick because of everyone else. It spilled over into IRL and it was no bueno for me or anyone else close to me. So now I just want to be me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's easy to hate things so I try to find good in whatever. If you've ever heard Kevin Smith talk about how he doesn't like to shit on things, that's me as well.

That said I am a dick on twitter but I reserve that scorn for the Q/Trump people who make asinine comments. Oh and Goodreads reviews. I love to read but also I cannot not finish a book so if I hate it I will salt the earth with my review.

@elevenism It is weird that two similar user names are here, me and @allegro . I liked the cat mom time because then there wasn't confusion! :P

and because a therapist once told me that I need to work on accepting compliments instead of deflecting them to someone else, I'll leave it at "thanks".

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It is weird that two similar user names are here
    I was Beavette for many years (since 2004). I became allegro I believe after the 2011 system crash, or maybe shortly before, don’t remember.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I was Beavette for many years (since 2004). I became allegro I believe after the 2011 system crash, or maybe shortly before, don’t remember.
    i wanna say it was a little before that because i swear i remember you posting on the previous iteration of ETS as allegro

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    ah, no. actually I've gone by allegate since 1994 when I signed up for an AOL account. 99% of the stuff you see on the internet under that name is me. Which I probably shouldn't say out loud because there's some real shit out there - everyone grows up from something, especially over 26 years - but it's-a me. also do you know how weird it is to find out it's an actual word? to me it's just a portmanteau of the college I went to - Allegheny College (yes, that one. also I was a student DJ. and no I didn't pick the college for that reason, I didn't know until I was there) - and alligator. You know how in The Usual Suspects he makes names up based on what he sees in the office? That was me then, looking around the computer desk and trying to come up with a username. But to be honest it also helps that since it's a real word, it's harder to find my old stuff.

but thanks. I try really hard to not be a dick online now. The 'now' is key because for awhile there I was on a message board where it was...encouraged...and I was a huge dick because of everyone else. It spilled over into IRL and it was no bueno for me or anyone else close to me. So now I just want to be me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's easy to hate things so I try to find good in whatever. If you've ever heard Kevin Smith talk about how he doesn't like to shit on things, that's me as well.

That said I am a dick on twitter but I reserve that scorn for the Q/Trump people who make asinine comments. Oh and Goodreads reviews. I love to read but also I cannot not finish a book so if I hate it I will salt the earth with my review.

@elevenism It is weird that two similar user names are here, me and @allegro. I liked the cat mom time because then there wasn't confusion! :P

and because a therapist once told me that I need to work on accepting compliments instead of deflecting them to someone else, I'll leave it at "thanks".
    I’ve always read your name as a play on the word “allege” or “allegedly”.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    @Sarah K <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Justa lotsa luv all of youuuuu wheee!!1 <333

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ah, no. actually I've gone by allegate since 1994 when I signed up for an AOL account.
    Oh my gosh, I think I may have issued you a TOS violation back in '95 or thereabouts. It would have been something like this: allegate, vulgar language is a violation of the Terms Of Service. Please stop NOW and use Keyword: TOS to review those terms.

Sorry about that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ah, ok? lol I have no idea what happened 25 years ago and wouldn't even know where to begin.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Oh my gosh, I think I may have issued you a TOS violation back in '95 or thereabouts. It would have been something like this: allegate, vulgar language is a violation of the Terms Of Service. Please stop NOW and use Keyword: TOS to review those terms.

Sorry about that.
    The fact that you still remember the specifics of that is beyond epic.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    @ickyvicky - love your taste in just about everything!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    AW, thanks @Erneuert ! You're pretty cool too! :-)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    @eversonpoe

Agreed
    @eversonpoe is a quality human being!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Agreed
    @eversonpoe is a quality human being!
    <3 <3 <3

thanks, y'all

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Sorry about that.
    OMG... I'm not even going to tell you what my AOL handle was in 95. That's going with me to the grave.

Long story short, I got perma-TOSsed I think

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Sorry about that.
    @Jinsai made me wonder...was this for the AOL account? because that's even funnier to me that you would remember that. I sure as heck don't remember anything I did on AOL.

Well, other than rack up an OBSCENE phone bill because the closest phone number to dial was several counties away and in-state long distance was still a thing.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    OMG... I'm not even going to tell you what my AOL handle was in 95. That's going with me to the grave.

Long story short, I got perma-TOSsed I think
    Account termination was only used for really naughty stuff like password stealing or sexual solicitation of a minor or bomb threats (sadly I was witness to one of those although everyone at HQ loved the paid day off.)

@Jinsai made me wonder...was this for the AOL account? because that's even funnier to me that you would remember that. I sure as heck don't remember anything I did on AOL.

Well, other than rack up an OBSCENE phone bill because the closest phone number to dial was several counties away and in-state long distance was still a thing.
    Yes, your AOL account (glaring eyes emoji).

I remember everything, what a curse. Or a blessing? I remember much about AOL back then. Met my wife through AOL way before online romance was a thing (quarter century ago). Everybody said it would never last. But here we are.

AOL used to have a per-minute fee. In addition to any potential long distance. Somewhat embarrassed to admit I was part of the 1K club. One month I spent over $1,000 for per-minute dial-up fees. And I was obviously not alone!

Being a "volunteer" for AOL "earned" me free dial-up access time. Although that eventually turned into a huge stink and class action lawsuit because we were actually under-compensated employees. Sort of like Uber or Lyft or other "gig economy" workers today - little pawns who are exploited for profit of the corporation. Happy pawns = happy status quo = maximum profit for big business. The proliteriat are screwed once again.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Congrats to new parents @eversonpoe and their wife!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Congrats to new parents @eversonpoe and their wife!
    <3 thanks, dave! <3

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    <3 <3 <3
    No u

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @otnavuskire & @eachpassingphase

you both know what you did, and i can't thank you enough. i love you both <3

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Account termination was only used for really naughty stuff like password stealing or sexual solicitation of a minor or bomb threats
    Well, to be clear, I did none of those things.