Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: List of Luv

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    I didn't feel like waiting until around Christmas or New Year's Eve, so I just thought of getting this out of my system right now.

As I become more and more reserved, discreet, secretive, silent, distant and reclusive in real life than ever before, especially from learning more about just how horrible nosiness and over-sharing really is, I still see how much out of character I really am by default on Internet forums and social networking websites. It's also yet another sign that I still need to work on making amends.

It's come to the point where I only stick to talking to people I know in real life, while totally avoiding complete strangers, and just focus on conversing with people I have an excellent/decent rapport with on top of knowing them, and even then, I always need/desire a good/solid reason to speak up in most cases, or at the very least wait for other people to speak up before saying anything most of the time as well. Otherwise, I just end up feeling out of place and awkward or feel like I might increase my chances of saying the wrong things at the wrong times/paces, and at the very worst, the wrong people/person.

It's kind of like how I mostly go here for Nine Inch Nails and other similar interests. Granted, I could see how that would do anything but help when it comes to making new friends and finding somebody to date though.

Anyway, I just want to thank everybody that took their time and effort, big, small and all in between to make me feel welcomed and accepted on ETS even if for just a few moments here and there, especially after a lifetime of just not really fitting in and belonging anywhere. Not to mention, it's always better, since ETS is all about my favorite musician ever anyway, so even all the more reasons to appreciate it. I also don't want to name-drop right now, because I'm sure you all know who you are, and I can't remember them all.

But yes. Your consideration, civility, courtesy and overall kind words and encouragement were and are always still very much appreciated. Much love, respect and best wishes to all of you.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-23-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    @bobbie solo - I just love how you get me when it comes to general music opinions. My reason for thinking that way came from me always being interested in how just one interest can bring on so many different opinions, ideas, interpretations and even overall uses and approaches from so many different fans. It's always fascinated me ever since I learned what the word opinion meant.

*Speaking of which, I also like how we like some of the same TV shows as well. I'll admit that I'm still stuck in the 1980s and 1990s with some shows though among other things, but it is what is and I'm always delighted to see a fellow fan of similar interests, always.*

You're also one of my favorite posters to follow when it comes to music and the Bugs Bunny avatar just adds to the overall humor of your posts. I regard you up there with the likes of @Jinsai @Kid Charlemagne and @Prettybrokenspiral when it comes to music threads/posts, where I don't mind it all if some of my tastes get roasted. (Which is inevitable anyway, but at least this time around, people just roast the bands and not the actual posters, unless there's a good reason too. Since there's a very fine line between: "This band sucks." and "This band sucks and so do you.")

Anyway, it does help me lighten up on music opinions and to not take the topic too seriously.

Speaking of which, I'd also like to include @tony.parente in this as well. Not only do I think you'd appreciate the podcast, but I also still enjoy the occasional funnies you provide in the music threads and ETS in general.

As a matter of fact, I'd love to recommend the lot of you to check out the podcast Your Favorite Band Sucks. It cuts right through all layers and levels of elitism and poseurs and also seems to actually acknowledge all sorts of fallacies, inconsistencies, hypocrisies and contradictions regarding certain particular beliefs and opinions of music, subtle or as blatant as they could possibly be. Granted, I have to also admit that they occasional troll for the sake of jokes/comedic effect and reactions, but once I understood their satirical angles/motives for doing so, it all seemed to fall into place for me and just clicked altogether. It triggered me at first, but I just wanted to give it a chance, and I eventually became a fan.

Not to mention, even outside of music, for everything that's loved out there, there's also more than enough hate around to rear its ugly head. (And well, nothing ever being above criticism 24/7/365 anyway.)

https://www.yfbspod.com/

https://www.facebook.com/yourfavBSpodcast/

https://twitter.com/YFBSpod

https://www.instagram.com/yfbspod/

@botley - I also wanted to let you know that I also appreciate your overall understanding of me in the anti-natalism thread. I know it's far too late for me to do anything about this now, but in retrospect I have definitely over-shared so much on ETS since 2004, so I realized even that could be definitely one of those topics I could've and perhaps should've kept out of here.

I always try to see things as they are and see reality unfiltered, but I'll also admit that when I'm honest in myself, I get caught up in extreme thinking and become blinded by own thoughts and emotions. I really still try to see the good out there in spite of how negative things can get for me sometimes, which is yet a constant reminder for me to do personal work on myself and always find ways to make amends and to constantly turn blunders into learning experiences more than anything. Despite how people can be, and I know how very cliche this is, but the least and most we can do is to be the change we want in the world and make life better to those who came before us, those that are alongside us and those that will come after us.

This means a lot to me in some ways, considering how touchy that subject can be. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors along with the next chapter of your life as you start your family.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-04-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Thank you for the kind words <3

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    @Halo Infinity wow im truly flattered. Just seeing this now. Haven't been on here since before the new year. Thanks! I don't even know what I've posted or liked to deserve such an outpouring. Brought a smile to my face. I think the main thing I appreciate about your posts is that you come across as VERY thoughtful about the things you decide to discuss on here. Not many quick hits from you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    the only ppl that were nice or even civil to me after I rejoined in 2015 were cornfed chump and allergo.
    so I luvlist them whether they're around or not. I be rememberin shit.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ldopa View Post
    the only ppl that were nice or even civil to me after I rejoined in 2015 were cornfed chump and allergo.
    so I luvlist them whether they're around or not. I be rememberin shit.
    long time no see! i changed my name a while back. so did allegro. she's Cat Mom now. so good to see you!
    Last edited by kel; 01-14-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    @elevenism @eachpassingphase - I didn't mean to forget the both of you, but I appreciate your understanding of my religious background and how it affected me as a Nine Inch Nails fan.

This also isn't just limited to Nine Inch Nails, but I often tend to enjoy reading about opposing views and how they sometimes clash and contradict each other, so when I see that happening in fan-bases in general, it often gets me interested. As with any interest the generates fans by the millions, it's very fascinating to see how many different walks of life and flavors of beliefs/lifestyles there can be, which is the epitome of diversity in my opinion.

After thinking this over for a few decades at the point and just letting it sink in, it really is like this with me.

You can take me out of the church, but you can't take the church out of me. (In this case, the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It's like a "tattoo" on me at this point.)

Overall, it was really cool to see your overall opinions and stances on being a fan of Nine Inch Nails while being a believer.

Pardon the puns as I'm still trying to "Find My Way" out of any "Terrible Lie" if you get my "God-Given" drift of "Heresy". (Sorry, as big fan, I just wanted to squeeze that in. "The Wretched" indeed. What a "Zero-Sum" outcome.)

But for real though, may you both find peace, joy, health, success, meaning, wisdom and fulfillment in your beliefs as well.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-26-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    You're good people, @Halo Infinity , and EXTREMELY thoughtful in your posts, as @bobbie solo said.
    i've certainly enjoyed talking with you over the past several years.