Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
Results 631 to 650 of 650

Thread: List of Luv

  1. #631
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,580
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    @eversonpoe and @elevenism seem like two people I really wouldn’t mind having a beer with.



    For the record, I do not know how to properly tag other users in a post. This was my best effort.
    Ah, thanks man.
    Right back at you.

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The physical world
    Posts
    1,078
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    @Sarah K <3 <3 <3

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,833
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    No, you.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    362
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but.....


    My daughter kicks ass. It was her Grade 8 Graduation tonight, she moves on to high school next year. She won the awards for Drama and Science. The scholars award, her school letter award. And her schools top award as well, the Excellence in Education award.

    I didn't know that winning a grade school graduation was a thing you could do, but she showed me.....holy crap am I ever proud of her.

    Add to that, she's been studying martial arts since she was 4 years old, she has her brown belt now, and her sensei is trying to slow her down, because he's not allowed to give her a black belt until she turns 18. He's teaching her things that are above her belt in order to keep her challenged. Her "Goals" section that they asked her to fill out, the answer she put down was so balanced...it talked about a work/life balance, jesus christ, she gets it. And her quote, a doctor who quote of all things, just shows how much she values the people around her.

    I mean....I'm just....fuck, I'm crying......


    Holy hell.....I've got one amazing kid. Jesus Christ....I am just completely beside myself right now.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Hell's Bells
    Posts
    423
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but.....


    My daughter kicks ass. It was her Grade 8 Graduation tonight, she moves on to high school next year. She won the awards for Drama and Science. The scholars award, her school letter award. And her schools top award as well, the Excellence in Education award.

    I didn't know that winning a grade school graduation was a thing you could do, but she showed me.....holy crap am I ever proud of her.

    Add to that, she's been studying martial arts since she was 4 years old, she has her brown belt now, and her sensei is trying to slow her down, because he's not allowed to give her a black belt until she turns 18. He's teaching her things that are above her belt in order to keep her challenged. Her "Goals" section that they asked her to fill out, the answer she put down was so balanced...it talked about a work/life balance, jesus christ, she gets it. And her quote, a doctor who quote of all things, just shows how much she values the people around her.

    I mean....I'm just....fuck, I'm crying......


    Holy hell.....I've got one amazing kid. Jesus Christ....I am just completely beside myself right now.
    Sounds like a great kid. Seems like she could be someone really important when she grows up. The kind of daughter I wish I could've had.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    mushroom festival in hell.
    Posts
    2,072
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've seen a lot of earwigs in my day, but this motherfucker looks like he just hit level 36 or got hit with a Moon Stone.


  7. #637
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,723
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    This one's for @TheBang for that sweet archive copy of the Mad Cool NIN performance. Cheers!

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    @eachpassingphase you've been the most thoughtful and articulate new member in ages. thanks for joining the board.
    Last edited by kel; 07-15-2018 at 09:02 PM.

  9. #639
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Misery State
    Posts
    87
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    @eachpassingphase you've been the most thoughtful and articulate new member in ages. thanks for the joining the board.
    Geez! Thank you so much for the encouragement. I've felt really welcome here for sure.

  10. #640
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,580
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    @Leviathant , @playwithfire , @theruiner

    You guys were nothing short of heroic in the mental health thread responding to mr secret identity.

    I was getting my popcorn ready and preparing to morbidly enjoy a dumpster fire.

    But your responses were, just, wow. I've never seen anything like it.

    Big ups.

    And even if this turns out to be some sort of advanced troll, so be it.

    You guys did the right thing and went WAY above and beyond the call of duty.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.

  11. #641
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,775
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Bleh, thanks. Having OCD, especially intrusive-thought-heavy OCD, is something that I think most sufferers of it tends to carry a lot of empathy for each other with. It's a really horrible thing to experience and the shame and fear that can come with it is really terrible. theruiner has shown me a lot of understanding about it over the years... when you also have OCD, you understand it in a way that I think it's very hard to understand without experiencing it, and I don't think any of us would want anyone to experience it.

  12. #642
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Posts
    1,858
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Are you two trying to make me cry?

  13. #643
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,736
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    hey @allegro not seen you around here lately, hope you're well wherever you are (Chicago I guess)
    I can't be the only one who kinda misses you

  14. #644
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,580
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    hey @allegro not seen you around here lately, hope you're well wherever you are (Chicago I guess)
    I can't be the only one who kinda misses you
    she told me she's just a lot happier NOT being here these days. She deleted facebook and other things too. I wish she would come back too, but if she's just flat out happier NOT fucking with it, then I most definitely understand.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-11-2018 at 10:11 PM.

  15. #645
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,736
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Got it: glad there's an explanation!

  16. #646
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,533
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    hey @allegro not seen you around here lately, hope you're well wherever you are (Chicago I guess)
    I can't be the only one who kinda misses you
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    she told me she's just a lot happier NOT being here these days. She deleted facebook and other things too. I wish she would come back too, but if she's just flat out happier NOT fucking with it, then I most definitely understand.
    she butted heads with Levi over something that was kind of a big deal and instead of being a bigger person and apologizing for doing something wrong, she decided to leave the board. while she was often filled with wisdom, she was also often very condescending and had a holier-than-thou attitude about many things. just my two cents.

  17. #647
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Got it: glad there's an explanation!
    Hey, Aggro, I’m happily retired, I just completely re-did my patio ($20 grand, omg, but it’s awesome), I’m taking Tai Chi lessons, we bought a second boat, I just got my Vail season pass, I’m an active part of the Twitter #Resistance (I’ve been in Twitter jail three times, once for telling a Congressman that an ARDC complaint should be filed against him for ethics violations for lying, go figure), and - for the record - Matt (Levi) and I (we’ve known each other online for over 14 years) have exchanged many pleasant PMs and hold no ill will at all. I did not leave the board due to any hard feelings, I’m just super super busy and my interests are now focused elsewhere; much like those of Elke, Khrz, Sublimaze, etc. I hope you are doing well, much love to you and yours in Canada.

    Edit: A side note, also, I've been dealing with a bunch of other stuff, like four of our pets died in the last year, three of cancer, one of kidney disease - one passed two months ago; and I'm caring for my elderly Mom, so I have learned to value every minute of every day and keep diversions to a minimum. Politics is my biggest hobby, as it was here on ETS (the Trump thread was primarily where I hung out, and I have posted there a few times in recent months), and I've had to limit my Twitter involvement because, well, it's Twitter, it's not good for one's blood pressure. The patio work was a HUGE project, involving storm sewer contractors, engineers, hardscape, landscape, because we re-graded the yard and now our basement won't flood, and it WORKED! 4" of rain recently, and not one single drop in the basement, whew. Totally worth all the months' of work.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-12-2018 at 09:56 AM.

  18. #648
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,580
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I've had to limit my Twitter involvement because, well, it's Twitter, it's not good for one's blood pressure.
    You know I have high blood pressure and try to get me to use Twitter more.:/

    Speaking of prolific members who aren't around much anymore, I REALLY miss @Khrz , he of the suave selfies and eloquent posts.

    I hope he is well.

  19. #649
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,831
    Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    You know I have high blood pressure and try to get me to use Twitter more.:/

    Speaking of prolific members who aren't around much anymore, I REALLY miss @Khrz , he of the suave selfies and eloquent posts.

    I hope he is well.
    Yes, I hope @Khrz is well, as well. I think about him often. @Elke , too. @sublimaze and I still exchange Christmas cards every year, and I follow her hubbie on IG. :-)

    Yes, Twitter can DEFINITELY raise your blood pressure, my good friend, but it can also raise your consciousness. #Resist
    Last edited by allegro; 09-17-2018 at 08:57 PM.

  20. #650
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,668
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    glad to see you back, @allegro .

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions