Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: List of Luv

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    @eversonpoe and @elevenism seem like two people I really wouldn’t mind having a beer with.

For the record, I do not know how to properly tag other users in a post. This was my best effort.
    Ah, thanks man.
    Right back at you.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @Sarah K <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    No, you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but.....

My daughter kicks ass. It was her Grade 8 Graduation tonight, she moves on to high school next year. She won the awards for Drama and Science. The scholars award, her school letter award. And her schools top award as well, the Excellence in Education award.

I didn't know that winning a grade school graduation was a thing you could do, but she showed me.....holy crap am I ever proud of her.

Add to that, she's been studying martial arts since she was 4 years old, she has her brown belt now, and her sensei is trying to slow her down, because he's not allowed to give her a black belt until she turns 18. He's teaching her things that are above her belt in order to keep her challenged. Her "Goals" section that they asked her to fill out, the answer she put down was so balanced...it talked about a work/life balance, jesus christ, she gets it. And her quote, a doctor who quote of all things, just shows how much she values the people around her.

I mean....I'm just....fuck, I'm crying......

Holy hell.....I've got one amazing kid. Jesus Christ....I am just completely beside myself right now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I don't know if this is the right spot for this, but.....

My daughter kicks ass. It was her Grade 8 Graduation tonight, she moves on to high school next year. She won the awards for Drama and Science. The scholars award, her school letter award. And her schools top award as well, the Excellence in Education award.

I didn't know that winning a grade school graduation was a thing you could do, but she showed me.....holy crap am I ever proud of her.

Add to that, she's been studying martial arts since she was 4 years old, she has her brown belt now, and her sensei is trying to slow her down, because he's not allowed to give her a black belt until she turns 18. He's teaching her things that are above her belt in order to keep her challenged. Her "Goals" section that they asked her to fill out, the answer she put down was so balanced...it talked about a work/life balance, jesus christ, she gets it. And her quote, a doctor who quote of all things, just shows how much she values the people around her.

I mean....I'm just....fuck, I'm crying......

Holy hell.....I've got one amazing kid. Jesus Christ....I am just completely beside myself right now.
    Sounds like a great kid. Seems like she could be someone really important when she grows up. The kind of daughter I wish I could've had.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've seen a lot of earwigs in my day, but this motherfucker looks like he just hit level 36 or got hit with a Moon Stone.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    This one's for @TheBang for that sweet archive copy of the Mad Cool NIN performance. Cheers!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    @eachpassingphase you've been the most thoughtful and articulate new member in ages. thanks for joining the board.
    Last edited by kel; 07-15-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    @eachpassingphase you've been the most thoughtful and articulate new member in ages. thanks for the joining the board.
    Geez! Thank you so much for the encouragement. I've felt really welcome here for sure.

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    @Leviathant , @playwithfire , @theruiner

You guys were nothing short of heroic in the mental health thread responding to mr secret identity.

I was getting my popcorn ready and preparing to morbidly enjoy a dumpster fire.

But your responses were, just, wow. I've never seen anything like it.

Big ups.

And even if this turns out to be some sort of advanced troll, so be it.

You guys did the right thing and went WAY above and beyond the call of duty.
    Last edited by elevenism; 08-07-2018 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Bleh, thanks. Having OCD, especially intrusive-thought-heavy OCD, is something that I think most sufferers of it tends to carry a lot of empathy for each other with. It's a really horrible thing to experience and the shame and fear that can come with it is really terrible. theruiner has shown me a lot of understanding about it over the years... when you also have OCD, you understand it in a way that I think it's very hard to understand without experiencing it, and I don't think any of us would want anyone to experience it.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Are you two trying to make me cry?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    hey @allegro not seen you around here lately, hope you're well wherever you are (Chicago I guess)
    I can't be the only one who kinda misses you

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    hey @allegro not seen you around here lately, hope you're well wherever you are (Chicago I guess)
    she told me she's just a lot happier NOT being here these days. She deleted facebook and other things too. I wish she would come back too, but if she's just flat out happier NOT fucking with it, then I most definitely understand.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-11-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Got it: glad there's an explanation!

Mentioned
    357 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    she told me she's just a lot happier NOT being here these days. She deleted facebook and other things too. I wish she would come back too, but if she's just flat out happier NOT fucking with it, then I most definitely understand.
    she butted heads with Levi over something that was kind of a big deal and instead of being a bigger person and apologizing for doing something wrong, she decided to leave the board. while she was often filled with wisdom, she was also often very condescending and had a holier-than-thou attitude about many things. just my two cents.

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I've had to limit my Twitter involvement because, well, it's Twitter, it's not good for one's blood pressure.
    You know I have high blood pressure and try to get me to use Twitter more.:/

Speaking of prolific members who aren't around much anymore, I REALLY miss @Khrz , he of the suave selfies and eloquent posts.

I hope he is well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    glad to see you back, @allegro .

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    To everyone who supported me during the last year and a half: So much love for and gratitude towards all of you. Honestly don't know how I would have gotten through it without you guys.
    And @playwithfire , the impact of what you did for us that morning... It's gonna be felt 'til I die. <3 <3 <3

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    According to his Twitter, our wrestling pal @xfocalinx cracked his skull yesterday.

Sending get well soon vibes to you, buddy.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    According to his Twitter, our wrestling pal @xfocalinx cracked his skull yesterday.

Sending get well soon vibes to you, buddy.
    @xfocalinx hope you get better!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @elevenism in the present, past and always <3 You are a total sweetheart. Thank you again for your encouragement on the old ETS to be brave and post publicly. See? It only took nigh a decade for me to finally be able to follow your advice. You are fucking awesome <3
    Last edited by dedevoce; 10-12-2018 at 02:49 AM.