Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AC (lightning bolt) muthafuckin' DC

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

AC (lightning bolt) muthafuckin' DC

In rock we trust. It's Rock or Bust.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Has not been a good past year or so for them.

Malcolm's illness. Phill Rudd's attempt to get people murdered.

On on the other hand it's weird that this is the first AC/DC thread here.

EDIT: sorry, didn't mean to be a bummer on the first reply of this thread. Was expecting their issues involved though since it's all so recent unfortunately.
    Last edited by Krazy; 11-24-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Whole new album streaming on the iTunes store now. I'm enjoying the hell out of it! Binging on some old live videos, too. Great stuff.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    will be avoiding the stream and wait til I have the cd in hand.

Enjoying the 2 singles so far

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    sorry, didn't mean to be a bummer on the first reply of this thread. Was expecting their issues involved though since it's all so recent unfortunately.
    No need to apologize, man. It's not like Angus & Brian have shied away from those topics in speaking to the press. Malcolm's condition is shocking and sad, but at least they got to use some of his riff ideas on the new record (he's co-credited on each song). As for Phil... what's that old rag about life imitating art? Rock 'n' roll! Yeesh. Hopefully the whole sordid affair is resolved without more harm done or further embarrassment to his family.

Intriguingly, they haven't announced yet who will be playing drums on the tour next year. It goes without saying that the band won't be on the road forever, but the next year & change promises to be another mighty triumphant romp around the world. Incredibly, I've only managed to see them once, in 2003, as part of the SARSstock show with The Rolling Stones. Would love to see their full show next year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    good solid effort, Rock or Bust. Not enjoying as much as I enjoyed "Black Ice" though.

I think the stand out tracks are "Play Ball", "Miss Adventure" and my favourite on the album, "Dogs of War"

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've never liked AC/DC at all. I didn't come here to gripe I actually thought this was a "Lightning Bolt" thread because it's late and, you know, the title just went over my head alright? like the whole fucking band, really.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's okay if this all goes over your head. AC/DC is very sophisticated music. See the video above for an example. That is the band AC/DC.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Rock Or Bust is #1 in ten countries.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Was into them when I was younger (pre-teen) and now not so much. Glad to hear they have still raging success.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah, Coachella!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    LOL Grammys

They misspelled the band name. It should be stylized as ACDC. "Music's biggest night... to be disrespected" —Trent Reznor

I wonder if they will cut to a stupid ad break during Angus's guitar solos.
    Last edited by botley; 01-13-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    back in black or highway? Highway for me. TBH I don't get why BIB is so much bigger

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I still love them, "Rock or bust" is a solid album and i'm happy they are still around.

And just for the hell of it here's my Top 5 by them:

1. Back in black
    2. Highway to hell
    3. Razor's Edge
    4. Blow up your video
    5. Let there be rock

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I would rank Highway highly, but I guess Back in Black is more radio-friendly. Highway to Hell is definitely the best Bon Scott-led album — all of the guitars are actually in tune (not the case on earlier LPs). I do like most of Black, but "What Do You Do for Money Honey" is one of my least favourite songs. Ick.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I would rank Highway highly, but I guess Back in Black is more radio-friendly. Highway to Hell is definitely the best Bon Scott-led album — all of the guitars are actually in tune (not the case on earlier LPs). I do like most of Black, but "What Do You Do for Money Honey" is one of my least favourite songs. Ick.
    It depends on my mood, really, at times i like "Highway" better than "Back in Black", but i think "Back..." is a more round album, i wish Bon Scott would have recorded in "Back in Black", i like him better than Brian (i like him too but to me Bon is AC/DC's voice...)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Highway to Hell for me is their best album. "Touch Too Much" is probably my all time favourite song from them
    I'd rank as follows

1. Highway to Hell
    2. Powerage
    3. Let There Be Rock
    4. The Razor's Edge
    5. Back in Black

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^Good to see "Razor's Edge" in there, in my opinion it's AC/DC's best musical effort (not greatest album necessarily), sure it's not ranked as a "classic" one but all the songs in there kick major ass, "Ballbreaker" is underrated too.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Chris Slade confirms he will once more sit behind the drums for his 'favourite band'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really digging how they are bringing in peeps who already are part of the AC/DC history, and not some "who the hell is this and where did he come from guy".

While Chris' drumming is certainly different from Phil's, I really liked his groove he brought to the band when he was in during the Razor's Edge days.
    However, I wonder if he's still got those chops, nowadays.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I also like Chris Slade. I love the fact that he has big bass drums right beside him in mid-air. Plus, he can pound the hell out of those drums. He's one of the reasons why I love the Live at Donington album.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    North American tour dates, finally! Love that new promo pic. If you're wondering whether Chris still has chops, check out his recent live shows on YouTube...

AC/DC fucking loves Canada, and we love them right back. Personally, I've always wanted to try and see a rock concert at les Plaines d'Abaraham, and it's also great to see they're playing Moncton again! The maritime provinces rule.
    Last edited by botley; 02-11-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    looks like their next single will be "Rock the Blues Away"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    North American tour dates, finally! Love that new promo pic. If you're wondering whether Chris still has chops, check out his recent live shows on YouTube...

AC/DC fucking loves Canada, and we love them right back. Personally, I've always wanted to try and see a rock concert at les Plaines d'Abaraham, and it's also great to see they're playing Moncton again! The maritime provinces rule.
    G wants to try to get tix to the Wrigley Field show.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Got my ticket. In seven months I'll be returning to the site of my first AC/DC show, at Downsview Park!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    got mine too, and I thought I would never be able to make it through ticketmaster's bs on this one, took the system over 25mn to spill me the damn ticket...

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Rock the Blues Away!

Last edited by botley; 03-10-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    We ROLL TONIGHT to the GUITAR BITE! We salute you, Downsview! We salute you Canada! We SALUUUUUTE YOUUUUU

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So my family owns a couple farms and I couldn't help but notice THIS in the mail recently.

Is it just ME or is this magazine EXTREMELY confused about its target audience?

o_O