Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: AC (lightning bolt) muthafuckin' DC

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Not to mention that axl has been everyone's laughing stock for a while now, some AC-DC fans can't be too happy to see what was once considered an obnoxious tool suddenly fronting their favorite band...
    People have been hating on Axl since around 1992 or so, when GNR was the biggest band in the world, and coexisted with Nirvana. So hating Axl is nothing new. Still, he's going to be fronting not one, but two huge bands this summer, playing stadiums with AC/DC and GN'R.

It's 2016, Donald Trump is a presidential nominee for one of the two major political parties, and Axl Rose is the biggest rock star in the world. Strange times, indeed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have no problem with people disliking or even bitching about him fronting AC/DC but some of the crap they're saying is over the line.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    To be fair, Brian was their singer for 36 years, and now they have someone else fronting the band. For generations of fans, Brian was the voice and face of AC/DC. Seeing them with Axl will take time getting used to, and for some fans, it will never be AC/DC again.
    Huh? This is temporary, nothing more. Axl will go back to GnR when it's over. Brian has said he wants to continue at least recording with them and that's certainly still a possibility.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Huh? This is temporary, nothing more. Axl will go back to GnR when it's over. Brian has said he wants to continue at least recording with them and that's certainly still a possibility.
    "I'm in if they want me in."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/axl...ean-u-s-shows/

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The rescheduled U.S. dates are here.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Back in Black from 9-2-16

Sounds pretty good.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Back in Black from 9-2-16

Sounds pretty good.
    That shit is NOT easy to sing and Axl is doing a great job with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The rescheduled U.S. dates are here.
    Thanks for the reminder. I managed to grab one of the last three tickets available on TM for the show at MSG. The gig has been sold out for months, so happy I didn't have to go through secondary sellers. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Axl and AC/DC working on a new album:

http://sofa-king-cool-magazine.com/a...ord-new-album/

Exciting if true.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Oh god, no

Just let this fucking band die already

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Oh god, no

Just let this fucking band die already
    Couldn't disagree more. Rock or Bust was a fine album, Angus still has some gas left in the tank. An AC/DC/Axl collaboration could be awesome. As much as I liked the Illusion/Chinese material, it would be nice to hear a dozen songs of Axl just rockin' out, with no 10 minute ballads or attempts at art-rock.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Couldn't disagree more. Rock or Bust was a fine album, Angus still has some gas left in the tank. An AC/DC/Axl collaboration could be awesome. As much as I liked the Illusion/Chinese material, it would be nice to hear a dozen songs of Axl just rockin' out, with no 10 minute ballads or attempts at art-rock.
    "Rock or Bust" was ok, nothing to scream about, but listenable; i prefer "Black Ice".

At least "Rock or Bust" it's still an AC/DC album, i like AXL but i don't want to see him as the frontman of AC/DC; just like i don't want to see Chester Bennington recording a new album with STP.

If Angus wants to record with AXL so bad, why not do a "solo" album?; oh yeah... $$$
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-21-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "Rock or Bust" was ok, nothing to scream about, but listenable; i prefer "Black Ice".

At least "Rock or Bust" it's still an AC/DC album, i like AXL but i don't want to see him as the frontman of AC/DC; just like i don't want to see Chester Bennington recording a new album with STP.

If Angus wants to record with AXL so bad, why not do a "solo" album?; oh yeah... $$$
    They already released a half dozen albums before Johnson joined the band. And yea, Angus wants to continue using the AC/DC brand. Why not? It's his band.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    They already released a half dozen albums before Johnson joined the band. And yea, Angus wants to continue using the AC/DC brand. Why not? It's his band.
    It's not the fact that they are replacing Johnson, it's the fact that they are replacing him with AXL.

To me: AXL is and always will be the singer and frontman of Guns N Roses; putting him in AC DC as a member feels so forced.

It's like seeing Mick Jagger as the frontman for a "new Beatles" lineup:
    would it be interesting?, Yes. Is it a good idea?: Not quite.

AXL did a good job doing those shows with AC DC, but if they want him to record in the band as a full-time member, i don't care for it, cheers if you are interested, to me that band died a long time ago...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Haven't they lost four members in the past couple of years? Fair play if Angus wants to carry on, but they're done as far as I'm concerned

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Ignore rumours, I say. Until they announce it's happening, it's not happening.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It's not the fact that they are replacing Johnson, it's the fact that they are replacing him with AXL.

To me: AXL is and always will be the singer and frontman of Guns N Roses; putting him in AC DC as a member feels so forced.

It's like seeing Mick Jagger as the frontman for a "new Beatles" lineup:
    would it be interesting?, Yes. Is it a good idea?: Not quite.

AXL did a good job doing those shows with AC DC, but if they want him to record in the band as a full-time member, i don't care for it, cheers if you are interested, to me that band died a long time ago...
    The Beatles were John, Paul, George and Ringo. AC/DC is Angus' band. That's the difference. Besides, Axl, vocal/stage wise, is a natural fit. That said, I'll wait until we hear something official before getting excited.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Sad news. George Young has passed away:

https://www.facebook.com/acdc/photos...5791835092930/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Sad news. George Young has passed away:

https://www.facebook.com/acdc/photos...5791835092930/
    A true legend that never gets enough credit as he also was in a great band in the Easybeats and had a major hit song in "Friday on My Mind" later covered by David Bowie.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I always liked Flash & The Pan as well:

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Horribly sad. The lifeblood of the band's artistic direction, and such a powerhouse on rhythm, for so many years.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    AC/DC biographer claims that AC/DC will continue with Axl Rose:
    https://goseelivemusic.co/index.php/...-indefinitely/

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but I just won't accept that. I like Axl but I really think AC/DC is done.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    AC/DC is done when Angus says they're done. I'd be very curious to hear what an Axl Rose-fronted AC/DC comes up with. As much as I liked The Use Your Illusion/Chinese Democracy albums, it would be cool to hear Axl sing on an album comprised entirely of three minute rockers, without any 12 minute epics lamenting Stephanie Seymour.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I'm sorry but I just won't accept that. I like Axl but I really think AC/DC is done.
    You mean Angus at 60+ in his schoolboy uniform isn't enough for you to stick around anymore? Basically all this band is now.

He should retire the AC/DC moniker.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    You mean Angus at 60+ in his schoolboy uniform isn't enough for you to stick around anymore? Basically all this band is now.

He should retire the AC/DC moniker.
    The idea of Angus being the only person from the original/classic line-up of the band isn't enough. I could accept Malcolm being replaced due to illness as he was at least replaced by a relative. I just can't see or hear AC/DC w/o Brian Johnson as he was so important to the band as Bon Scott knew how good Brian Johnson was...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AC/DC will be announcing world tour next week with Brian Johnson returning.

https://loudwire.com/report-acdc-wor...brian-johnson/

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Phil Rudd is also back on drums, which is interesting, but I doubt very much that Cliff Williams is coming out of retirement and they're incredibly unlikely to go back to a previous bass player (ahem) -- which means a newbie on bass. Hopefully one that can sing backups!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)