Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Random Pointless NIN Facts You Probably Already Know But Im Going To Tell You Anyways

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i don't understand trent's disdain for timbaland.
    so dr dre is great and tim sucks?

And as far as chris, i think i'm the only person who liked that album.

also, i think that year zero remixed was "laughably bad...." and i'm an nin fanboy.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-03-2015 at 09:02 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    also, i think that year zero remixed was "laughably bad...." and i'm an nin fanboy.
    I'll take your copy of YZR on vinyl off your hands then, if you don't want it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Almost as bad as TFA. The mixes of God Given and Zero Sum are the best thing on there. (imagine that)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I actually think Year Zero Remixed is the best remix album. I can appreciate the avant-garde, middle finger to traditional remixing weirdness of Fixed and Further Down The Spiral, but it's difficult for me to actually sit down and listen to those remixes as a whole or even on their own. Things Falling Apart has some good remixes on it, but it feels incomplete due to the absence of other, better remixes from the era. Year Zero Remixed (Me, I'm Not remix excluded) is really the only remix album that I can listen to straight through and enjoy. I think it complements the original album very well, and some of the remixes I listen to more than the originals (Alessandro's remix of The Great Destroyer and the Kronos Quartet version of Another Version Of The Truth, for instance).

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Almost as bad as TFA. The mixes of God Given and Zero Sum are the best thing on there. (imagine that)
    see, and i LIKED tfa.
    The Frail remix, The Great Collapse, the telefon tel-aviv remix of Where is Everybody? Those tracks were the shit! @sheepdean , where'd you get the idea that i have YZR on vinyl?

i don't even think i have a single cd that works. I'm not very good at physical reality.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ah my bad, thought you were one of the collector nutters :P

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Its all the starfuckers mixes that do it in for me. If it had the other unreleased mixes on it it would have been a gem. Too bad they dint do alt version like FDTS.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    i don't understand trent's disdain for timbaland.
    so dr dre is great and tim sucks?

And as far as chris, i think i'm the only person who liked that album.

I've been reading a NIN biography by Tommy Udo where he talks at length about TR shit-talking people! (this is fragile era, limp biskit etc, he also says TR dissed foo fighters at one point but was happy to have dave grohl drum on with teeth). After reading what Billy Corgan has been saying lately I think Trent is a bit similar, a combination of ego and insecurity so feeling competitive with whoever is being talked / hyped up at the moment. Anyway that's my cod psychology for the day, point is not to take it too seriously

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What about Just Do It?

Just do it.
    Nobody cares at all
    Or Lovegun/Sex Dwarf. I want to know more aboot unrelease TDS era stuff.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 01-03-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The way Trent's discussed Love Gun, I don't think he ever finished it http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...s/xart16.shtml

But Just Do It (most likely demo for TDS considering both songs have the same message), I would love to hear.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Its all the starfuckers mixes that do it in for me. If it had the other unreleased mixes on it it would have been a gem. Too bad they dint do alt version like FDTS.
    yeeaahhhh....i'm a drum and bass nut, and even i can't hang with all those starfuckers remixes

edit: wait, @WorzelG ...there's an nin biography? with a significant number of pages?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    yeeaahhhh....i'm a drum and bass nut, and even i can't hang with all those starfuckers remixes

edit: wait, @WorzelG ...there's an nin biography? with a significant number of pages?
    Yeah, the one I spoke of was by Tommy Udo, it's interesting as he's obviously a fan and knows his stuff (although I did notice a couple of factual mistakes). He goes on about other bands at great length to provide 'context' which is a bit annoying when he hasn't bothered with an index. It has an extended chapter added which goes up to Year Zero. Some things I didn't know, I found some bits at the beginning quite interesting as he was at the Wembley Stadium GNR show I was at where NIN supported, and he gives some UK context of the Wonder Stuff tour and other things. Anyway it was worth the £3 I paid from Amazon!

The other one was by Martin Huxley, some interesting additions I've never read about the whole TVT story from Steve Gottliebs perspective. But I don't know whether he interviewed Gottlieb or this was in interviews as both books are badly referenced / indexed and obviously put together quickly. Huxley mainly quotes from interviews and I don't think there's much you couldn't find by checking the NIN hotline archive (again this only cost £3 so not really complaining) oh, the Huxley one goes up to the David Bowie tour I think.

I should add, none of them are official or authorised.

Theres another biography that seems a bit mad as its a weird part fiction thing so I didn't bother with that
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-04-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @sheepdean is a NIN biography. At least we have that

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It's quite amazing how much has changed since when I first wrote this page. Im so glad i dont act like this anymore

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    The "weird part fiction" thing has me intrigued in a "watching a train wreck" kind of way