Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Big Come Down with the hanging/swaying lights

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Big Come Down with the hanging/swaying lights

Does anyone have a decent video of this? I can't seem to find one right now. The only did it in the first few shows of the LITS tour but changed it to programmed LEDs because it was causing some problems.

If anyone has a good video of one of these performances I'd love to see it again, thanks.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I remember seeing that on YT and thinking how perfectly it fit the song.

Kudos to whoever came up with that concept.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I suspect it's somewhere in AVOTT bonus features

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

That's it above in St. Louis, the first leg of the tour. Chaonatic taped the whole show, including one of only two times in 2008 they played this song:

Last edited by botley; 10-29-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    WOW! That's really cool! Does he say "The worse it be-fucking-comes"? lolol

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Loved the visuals for this during LITS, definitely one of the high lights of the tour- I think someone said they ditched it as it was taking up another truck and removing it saved on costs.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post

That's it above in St. Louis, the first leg of the tour. Chaonatic taped the whole show, including one of only two times in 2008 they played this song:

I wish he would have let me get DVD copies of all his footage for the archive. I was really bummed he wouldn't donate them. "Love is Not Enough" is one of my favorite tracks. Especially on that tour with Freese just going off on drums.

The hanging lights were let go (from my understanding) because Trent was getting belted by them on stage (there is a clip of him talking about them somewhere on YT) and they were a pain to hang every night along with hogging space in the truck.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'd be interested in that clip of Trent talking about the lights if anyone knows where to find it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Me too. @ninlive , lil help if you can please?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Chaonatic is such a badass.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah, I remember seeing this at the L.A. show and being blown away. TBCD was the highlight of the tour for me.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Loved the visuals for this during LITS, definitely one of the high lights of the tour- I think someone said they ditched it as it was taking up another truck and removing it saved on costs.

To this day, one of my favorite Sheridan photos.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Damn, I wish Eraser was played on that tour. Those swaying lights would be more even more eerie than the ones from Performance tour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    With how anally retentive we all are on this board, I can't believe no-one has managed to come up with the footage of Trent talking about the loss of these lights. I expected more from us!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    We got a pro shot version of TBCD from the first leg of the LITS tour as an extra on the AVOTT 3 disc set. It's from Moment Factory's archive and comes with a little explanation of why they couldn't keep the neon tubes for the second leg.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

I thought it was too much of a pain in the ass on stage, too chaotic, getting hit in the face, spinning things etc...

Either way, I remember first seeing this, it was awesome.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Outside of that pic Rob took in one of my posts above I never could really tell what what these lights looked like- if it's blown up a bit looks like a tube (most likely plastic) with a bead of LED's.

Anyways I was at a Syracuse area mall to kill some time before my flight right now, and saw these hanging on the Christmas tree. Obviously being the NIN dork that I am they instantly reminded me of this topic, Plastic tube, looks like they were light. I'm guessing they used something really similar for LITS so if they were banging on Trent's dome I doubt it would hurt much if at all...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    With how anally retentive we all are on this board, I can't believe no-one has managed to come up with the footage of Trent talking about the loss of these lights. I expected more from us!
    Has anyone found this video yet talking about the lights? @ninlive ?