Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ghosts...have you seen one?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Feel free to take a look through other photos of that location on my website (shameless self promotion).
    man i love your photos!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    okay so this shit has happened to me more than once in my life and this is the latest episode.

the other night, i was talking to my mom. i was getting ready to walk down the hall into the living room and towards the other part of the house where my bedroom is (one hall leads off ht kitchen/iving room to my mom's shit, the other hall leads to ours.)
    Okay. so as soon as i shut the door, i hear synth notes BLASTING, coming from the living room. i have a little sequencer and an amp in the living room. ive never plugged the sequencer into the amp, but that's what it sounded like...someone playing synth notes. It was very deliberate, and very loud.

No musical equipment was plugged in. my wife was in the other part of the house which is WAY the fuck on the other side, AND asleep without the tv on. No tv or radio was on, and even if it was, the only thing in my house capable of making a noise that loud is my line 6 amp (in the living room.)

SO. As usual, i'm a little scared, and for TWO reasons. One is the obvious, that SOMETHING supernatural is going on. The other (and if you have ever been confronted by true high strangeness like this, i imagine you'll know what i mean) is that i am questioning my sanity.
    I tried to tell my mom about it but she barely paid attention, she thinks that i'm a "sensitive" and that only i can see and hear these things and probably secretly just thinks that i am fucking nuts.

But...the next night, i left her part of the house at about the same time. And she comes in my room all freaked out and said "tyler, did you play some synth notes in the living room REALLY loud right after you left my room?"

SHE FUCKING HEARD IT TOO.

now i'm not saying that this is the spirit of a dead person. in fact, i think it might be interdimensional. i just bought a cord to plug the synth into the amp a few days ago. what if, in a near dimension, i AM playing the synth, and there is a tiny little rip in the fabric between the dimensions, but enough for the sound to get out?

That's my theory.

If i told you people a fucking quarter of the shit that happens to me, you would all just think i'm crazy. hell, i would just think i was crazy too except for the things that are also experienced by people around me.

my wife and mother think it's ME, that I attract attention from "ghosts" or extra dimensional beings. I think it's mostly this house myself. i think that i DO have a little bit of enhanced perception...i used to exercise the shit out of it learning lucid dreaming and (what felt like) astral projection. i worked on this shit for years and now i think that i can probably perceive more things than most people.

but this fucking house. it's SOMETHING. there is SOMETHING here. it's been in the family since the 60s so of course a couple of people have died here. then there was my grandpa's VERY mysterious death which wasn't here but he's the one who had the house built. So maybe it's ghosts.
    But i think that there is a tiny interdimensional vortex here.

I will say this. The first time my brother and i came here and had to spend the night (we were like 5 and 3,) we were both so terrified that we asked to be allowed to sleep OUTSIDE. we could fucking FEEL it.

and since moving in here 3 years ago i've had no fewer than 100 paranormal encounters. i don't know WHAT the fuck it is. i don't even know if i believe in ghosts in the traditional sense, but it's fucking something.

I'm rambling. There is one more thing i wanted to mention. THis "phantom music" phenomenon is not new. It's happened to me 7 or 8 times in my life. The first time i was about 11 and the rhodes piano in the next room was playing full fucking blast...except i was home by myself and the piano wasn't on.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I've been invited to participate in a paranormal investigation by an established ghost hunting team in Montreal.

This is gonna be my first time and I'm super excited.
    We'll be investigating an old anglican church built in the late 1880.
    We'll also be investigatin a school, which I presumed is abandoned. Will let you how it went.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 09-17-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Super exhausted. Got home at 4 this morning.
    The team I was with was super nice. They mostly focus on the history of the locations, which was super interesting.

Our first stop was the church. We didn't get any conclusive real-time evidence. There were the few instances of flash lights turning on and off by themselves. However, those weren't necessarily on cue and not combined with any other hits on a second device for confirmation. One thing is for sure, that church was creepy as shit. It was in poor conditions. The basement was filled with rubbles and pretty much looked like it was coming from the Blair Witch movie.

We moved to a closed school. Wasn't abandoned but it's been closed for 5 years now. That place was freaking huge. It was so neat to have such a huge building to ourselves. We got a small tour by the head of security who actually lives there right now. Guy was super nice and told us amazing first-hand accounts of some pretty creepy shit happening.
    Unfortunately, it was getting late and with so many rooms to investigate, we could only focus on a few hot spots. I know the team will be going back soon and sleep there.
    At the end of the night, the school was dead silent. We got absolutely nothing on any devices. No temperature fluctation, no pressure changes or EMF hits. No unexplained knocks or things bumping. The absolute silence was actually scarier.

We'll see if they caught anything on audio after they review all the data but I don't think that school was haunted. Still an amazing location though.

Overall, while I didn't witness anything paranormal, I still had an awesome time with some very nice people.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i hope to see the ghost of my kitty cat soon.

I wrote HE WILL RISE AGAIN on the inside of his little coffin box, and he was a black cat, and the 31st is just around the corner :P

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I didn't see this, but I think it still counts.

Last week, my cat Solomon died suddenly. For the last 10 years his mate has been my other kitty Sara. They were constantly playing and cuddling together like in this pic (Sol is the fluffy one). Since his death Sara has been mostly quiet and depressed, laying on the floor where they used to lay together. A couple of times, I've heard Solomon's sad yowl coming from the area right next to her. She's reacted too, lifting her head and looking around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We must not talk about them spooky ghosts!

The topic doesn't have a body to stand on!

Good vibes and happy 'spirits' OP.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Bump bump.

Now that I'm a little older, I ALWAYS assume paranormal things that I see are in my head.

I now have a seizure disorder that causes me to see/hear/smell/think all kinds of weird shit. So, unless there's another witness, I figure it's just me these days (unfortunately.)