Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jamie Oliver hired a potato

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    we got to potato because I kept misreading the title of this thread when skimming the forum: "Jamie Oliver hired a pedo"
    I decided to change "pedo" to "potato" in the title sometime yesterday. I wanted to see if anyone would notice... to see if anyone else confused the two words as I did.

Nobody noticed
    Spoiler: or everyone did notice and thought it was too dumb to even comment on

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    this is what happens when someone asks me to utilize a set of responsibilities that aren't available to everyone else... i make a mockery of those powers. I do the same shit at work. I hate hierarchy in just about everything

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Jaime, It's not a head of lettuce for FFS!

BTW, I was liked that drift about middle class. It seemed like an across the pond difference, but with this potato thread, I don't know where that piece of the convo went.
    Oh I'm bitter enough to keep that going - he blatantly doesn't know how to hold a baby because he's never had to do it before, help probably did it when he was growing up

*whittles*

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    we got to potato because I kept misreading the title of this thread when skimming the forum: "Jamie Oliver hired a pedo"
    I decided to change "pedo" to "potato" in the title sometime yesterday. I wanted to see if anyone would notice... to see if anyone else confused the two words as I did.

Nobody noticed
    I noticed!!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    damn i though we were talking about John Oliver. Oh well there goes my chance to bad mouth that beta loser.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Nobody noticed
    I like potato better, because while doing a Google search yesterday trying to find anything other than the one single recycled news article on this guy, THIS THREAD appeared in the search. It's better when it doesn't, or when it appears in the search as "potato." There are some "anti-homosexual" weirdos on rants out there boycotting Oliver. Let's hide from them.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Potato" was such an ETS thing. A "that's how we roll" thing.

About the whole case: Ranting about this guy isn't going to change anything. If you want to change things, get organized and lobby the lawmakers; that's where true change may happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yep I do just that in addition to discussing it with my peers & people on the internet. I find it interesting how pointless people feel discussion is, discussion is what motivates action and ultimately change

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yep I do just that in addition to discussing it with my peers & people on the internet. I find it interesting how pointless people feel discussion is, discussion is what motivates action and ultimately change
    I agree with everything you've written but it's just that in this Internet age, most people will end up ranting over and over and over instead of getting their butts of that damn computer chair and actually get into action mode. Discussing for the sake of getting ideas together and then acting on them is absolutely indispensable. It's the ranting as intellectual masturbation that's pointless.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's true, when people take an uncritical attitude and just try to "win" the discussion and ignore facts that cast doubts on their arguments, it ceases to be constructive. However I think this has been a good thread so far, I've definitely mellowed my position a bit

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    It's true, when people take an uncritical attitude and just try to "win" the discussion and ignore facts that cast doubts on their arguments, it ceases to be constructive. However I think this has been a good thread so far, I've definitely mellowed my position a bit
    @allegro has that affect on a lot of us here.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah I always just ignore the facts and cast doubts on arguments in order to win, I'm a total troll.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    No you misunderstand, we were talking about having a mellowing effect

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    No, really, I'm a troll.

Anybody want a Jamie Oliver potato?

Or a baby?

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    No you misunderstand, we were talking about having a mellowing effect
    I see what she did there.

Sorry for the drift, but couldn't resist. Jaime Oliver, doesn't know how to hold his baby, hired a pedo, is he or isn't he developmentally disabled. Carry on.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I absolutely love the occasional "out of character" allegro posts and I really want to know the cause of them. I always assume it's the beloved wine and THAT makes me happy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I absolutely love the occasional "out of character" allegro posts and I really want to know the cause of them. I always assume it's the beloved wine and THAT makes me happy.
    No wine for me for a long time, migraine trigger. I'm just a sarcastic bitch.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Regardless of whether or not Jamie Oliver hired a potato, every time I see him, I want to punch him over and over again. He's got an extremely punchable face.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Can't somebody create an animated gif of that? While he's holding the baby?

(But don't hurt the baby.)
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No wine for me for a long time, migraine trigger. I'm just a sarcastic bitch.
    Well at least you aren't an unapologetic bitch. If I see Madonna hashtag that shit again on Instagram I'm going to punch someone. Oh crap Google is going to pick that up and now she's hired a potato.

Not that I've been paying attention but I actually don't think this story has gotten a sound bite on this side of the pond. Last time I saw Jaime Oliver on network television he was criticizing American school lunches whilst serving them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Well, sure... But what we want, and what the laws state are two very different things. If someone has served their time in the eyes of the law, then they should be allowed an opportunity. I agree with you that there should me harsher punishments. But THAT is where the outrage should be directed, NOT towards a guy who is trying to continue on with his life.
    Britain is BOLLOCKS at giving proper sentences though, but there seems to be honestly nothing anybody can do about it. A few years ago there was a really awful case of a one year old who was abused and murdered, and because his mother, her nazi boyfriend and his brother all blamed each other they all ended up with reduced sentences of 12 years, 7 years and 5 years, one of the men involved was also tried for rape of a 2 year old. There was such a public outcry about the light sentencing, it was reviewed but found in complete accordance with sentencing guidelines. This was a baby who had a Rottweiler attack his head, burnt, broken back, finger nails ripped off, left in cot in his own shit to die and his mother who at the very least knew this was happening and worked very hard to explain things away and protect her boyfriend, is out of prison!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Baby_P

This case practically turned me into a daily mail reader, hanging is too good for them type. The public in my country don't seem to have any recourse to change laws or sentencing

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    get 5 years for a few pills but 4 years for raping a kid

seriously... I'm not saying boomers need to die off so we can flush their arse backwards nonsense down the toilet. But err

Maybe I am!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is it Oliver's duty to make sure the rapist gets convicted for a certain period of time?

Nope.

Isn't a guy who commited a crime, was convicted and served his time, allowed to get a job?

I'm not defending anyone here, but it seems like people are not seeing the real problem, or where the problem comes from.

I couldn't care less for Jamie Oliver, but he's nobody to judge anyone. That's what "the law" is there for. Don't like the law? Go complain to those who make the law. It's that simple.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    This thread doesn't deliver.