Thread: Jamie Oliver hired a potato

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's because he does not deserve a decent life, wage and career

If he's not working he's on welfare/benefits - fine. Honestly I would rather pay for him to live in squalor than afford him an opportunity to live a comfortable life on a professional wage, he does not deserve that opportunity.

The welfare doesn't last forever - eventually he will be handed a choice of either menial/unpaid work, or cessation of benefit

But yes the legal system is massively at fault, too often in these cases it's only the victim who gets the life sentence

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It's because he does not deserve a decent life, wage and career

If he's not working he's on welfare/benefits - fine. Honestly I would rather pay for him to live in squalor than afford him an opportunity to live a comfortable life on a professional wage, he does not deserve that opportunity.

The welfare doesn't last forever - eventually he will be handed a choice of either menial/unpaid work, or cessation of benefit

But yes the legal system is massively at fault, too often in these cases it's only the victim who gets the life sentence
    In the UK? I don't know the specifics on their benefits, but it does include free healthcare, housing, and some form of unemployment pay that I'm not sure runs out.

That's another thing with the whole "minimum guaranteed standard of living" thing that people push for. It includes situations like this.

But yea, this is on the legal system. I don't see why people would rather jump on some celebrity about it. Hell, if his employer wasn't a celebrity there wouldn't be any news coverage on it. So this is much more about a celebrity than it is about a pedophile being employed. Further, who the hell created this story and what is their motivation? There are a LOT of employed individuals who served their time for horrible crimes.... why is THIS the case that gets attention?

edit: after reading allegro's post, it's because this guy could make well above average pay when he is done being an apprentice. I guess that is why.
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 10-18-2014 at 04:38 PM.