Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gaming and Tech Nostalgia

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I rediscovered my interest in Lemmings. I haven't played it on the Super Nintendo for 18 years, nor did I have any idea that Lemmings games were actually made on the PS2 and PS3. Perhaps I'll check out the other games, but for that I'll need an actual PS2 or PS3. I also had a PS2, but it died on me, but had I known, I would've gotten it in 2006. It's one of my earliest memories of gaming on an actual console of my own because Super Nintendo was my first system ever, and I could've sworn that I got Lemmings not too long after getting Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart. I kind of also got it not too long after Road Runner's Death Valley Rally, which I also played too much of at the this point.

And this is a given, at least for me, but I also still keep finding myself returning to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time a lot. My favorite so far is still Donatello, much to my surprise with Leonardo being a close second. It seemed to change, since Leonardo used to be my main, and then Raphael.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Turtles in Time Arcade or SNES?

The only thing I liked about the SNES version was the two extra stages. TMNT arcade games are in my top 10 ever...so much nostalgia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    I kinda miss having a 'dumb' phone. If I miss a day on recharging for my smart phone, I'm fucked. Also, the trend for dumb phones was to make them smaller for your pocket. Now the trend is to see how big you can make a phone while still keeping it technically a phone.
    Damn, this thread is so nostalgic it almost killed me I miss those button phones too, at least those had some individuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    -Powering through Mega Man 2 and 3 without issue
    -Grinding on Death Peak in Chrono Trigger with TDS playing in the background
    -Bustin' fools' heads in MKII and UMK3 in the arcades
    -Leaving FFVI idling at odd points just so I could listen to the music.
    At least I have emulators on my phone to play this anywhere I want.
    The other nostalgic moment I remember is playing Diablo 2 at LAN-party first time, I miss those times. But I'm glad that old-school games like Path of Exile exist which can offer similar experience. Too bad that I don't have much time for playing it now, but at least I can but some exalted orbs here and don't farm it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm just going to scream this one from the rooftops as loud as possible... if you have fond nostalgia for retro games from the 16 bit era... games like Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Strider, old school racing games like Rad Racer, Gradius... and you want to play a game that might actually make you choke back tears, play 198X right now. Seriously. I'm not sure how far I am into it, I assume I'm near the end, but I'm already calling it that this is one of the best games I'll ever play.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My small dream* is a Raspberry Pi emulator-based system for all of the Mario Karts and F-Zero games... and then buying the relevant carts/discs for display next to it.

Based off of watching this:

(* - small dream because I'm not much of a gamer and I doubt I'd spend much time playing it solo, I want it for socializing... and since that barely happens, well, it's small dream... a nice thing... later.... much later)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I came across a meme the other day that had the old The Simpson's arcade game. Does anybody know if that's available to download and/or play anywhere? There has to be.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Not legally apparently, they removed them from PSN and Xbox Arcade.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I wonder if Disney would be able to bring it back out, they own the Simpsons franchise now i think right? i imagine that would translate over to the games as well.

The iOS port was pretty good, i still own it on my apple account but the game is pretty much useless on new hardware.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Emulate it...that's all I have to say

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah was gonna say. I have it on one of my laptops along with about 400 other games lol.

BLACK TIGER AND WONDER BOY II ARE TWO OF THE BEST ARCADE GAMES EVER, DON'T @ ME.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Not sure this lives here but i've found a great YouTube channel that spends a LOT of it's time looking at the early internet/meme's/creepy shit and the video about the Slipknot vs Limp Bizkit video brought back some memories!

Also the 2 girls 1 cup video is enlightening...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

When we finally got a NES (Super Mario 3 launch), this was another game I played I hell out of... and then, years later, a buddy I was smoking cannabis with wanted to see if he could beat me... no, he didn't. He bought the next three pizzas.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

When we finally got a NES (Super Mario 3 launch), this was another game I played I hell out of... and then, years later, a buddy I was smoking cannabis with wanted to see if he could beat me... no, he didn't. He bought the next three pizzas.

LOVED that game. Did you ever try the arcade version or NEO-GEO version?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    LOVED that game. Did you ever try the arcade version or NEO-GEO version?
    Sadly no... but that Neo-Geo version looks wild.....

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

anyone know what this game is in the picture? My brother played it all the time on the computer and I never understood why you had letters running around fighting each other.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

anyone know what this game is in the picture? My brother played it all the time on the computer and I never understood why you had letters running around fighting each other.
    Rogue

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    huh. no shit?

can you facepalm your own posts? asking for a friend.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i stumbled upon a great little YouTube channel. The person restores (and sometimes upgrades) old consoles, but in a chill ASMR vibe and it's the most interesting and relaxing thing i've found in a LONG while...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ Tronics Fix is another good channel for repairs and does walk throughs, mainly for more modern stuff. One of the only channels that has been working on broken XSX and PS5 hardware. Learning more about soldering from him atm.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

huh. pretty sweet. much easier than the soldering I had to do on it back in the day. I was lucky I didn't burn anything and I got it in one go. still have it too.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    it is so weird that, specifically, Tony Hawk unlocks this

Anyway, felt this was a good moment to post this, and whenever that moment arrives, I do it.