Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Aghh working until almost midnight so decided to swing by the mall and grab it. Been so fucking busy haven't even unwrapped it. Now work until 11pm and have to go out for a beer after and then work tomorrow morning! FML.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: BioShock

Just got a free guide for picking up the game and season pass. Probably a power up promotion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I got this today (got the PS3 version) and it is absolutely amazing. Easily the most beautiful game I've ever seen. I've also not seen any bugs or glitches thus far and I've been playing it for about 2 hours. It still has the old Bioshock feel to me that the first two had. Game of the Year contender for me for sure. Next to Beyond: Two Souls. Anyway, go out and get this game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The presentation is phenomenal. Not very far yet so I can't say much else. Feels very similar to the other two.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I cant believe this game is exceeding its own insane hype. Awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I had time to basically enter all the codes for upgrades and season pass and that's about it.

Even the menu screens look great. Fuckssakes lol.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ordered Premium Edition today. Delivery next week. Psyched. May plan vacation days that week,

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just went to the store and rented it for the hell of it. I'll play it as far as I can get before I have to return it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I just finished it. I don't want to say much more, but I thought it was perfect. I may have cried a tear or two at the end because I'm a sap.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I too spent all day playing this like a crackhead. The ending was solid, the story was moving. And the gane was far, far better than the original. Maybe the best game ever.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I was actually discussing this with my wife late last night. Telling her I almost wanna play an hour each day tops and make it last, since I've been waiting for this title for like four years. The talk got in to some length as to how gamers today are like movie-going audiences in that our attention span is pretty much nil. By the time BioShock Infinite even came out, it was leaked, finished, and spoiled on the net.

I remember playing SNES games for years and always going back to them. Now we get it, blaze through it as fast as humanly possible, and it's on to the next one. Kinda depressing when you think about it. Sure the games have got 'better' but it's not enough to hold the average audience's interest for very long anymore. So weird. /rant

Managed to play for about 45 minutes and got to the part where you kill the dude and get Devil's Kiss. Loving it so far, but yeah...gonna take my sweet ass time exploring every inch of the city lol.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Considering starting over. Got lucky and sick yesterday. So, I'm a little distracted. And it's probably interfering with my enjoyment. At the point I left off, I was very confused.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got it yesterday, finished it in two sessions. Absolutely mindblowing ending. Going to have to do a replay since I somehow managed to miss 25 Voxophones and 10 Sights. I explored and backtracked a lot, so not sure what I missed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I was actually discussing this with my wife late last night. Telling her I almost wanna play an hour each day tops and make it last, since I've been waiting for this title for like four years. The talk got in to some length as to how gamers today are like movie-going audiences in that our attention span is pretty much nil. By the time BioShock Infinite even came out, it was leaked, finished, and spoiled on the net.

I remember playing SNES games for years and always going back to them. Now we get it, blaze through it as fast as humanly possible, and it's on to the next one. Kinda depressing when you think about it. Sure the games have got 'better' but it's not enough to hold the average audience's interest for very long anymore. So weird. /rant

Managed to play for about 45 minutes and got to the part where you kill the dude and get Devil's Kiss. Loving it so far, but yeah...gonna take my sweet ass time exploring every inch of the city lol.
    I'm with you. I love playing a game I love and beating it straight....sometimes. I don't understand why you wanna rush and beat a game you've waited year(s) for. Then you're done in a day or two and like huh? I spread my time out on games I enjoy. I've yet to beat Tomb Raider, yet I beat a hardcore playthrough of Gears of War: Judgment in 2 days.

I played this about an hour last night. I really just walked around, looked at shit and admired the sky and the buildings. Lots of detail put into this game. I'm liking it more than I thought. I haven't even made it to Spoiler: Monument Island yet and I've already clocked an hour I'm aware of. Crazy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I actually powered through in the interest of staying focused on my work schedule for the rest of the week! Ha! I couldnt bear the thought of waiting around at work to play it. That said the detail and environmental awesomeness taper off a bit about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through and the broader plot ends up being put at the front. You still do the scavenging and there are still cool things to look at but it doesnt keep up the slow roll of the first 2 hours.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Whoa, I didn't realize the 60-minute trial was up on the PSN. I can't decide if I wanna try that now, or wait until Friday to play it as long as I want.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So guys, know how I'm not so hung up on this series even though I do like it? After some trade-ins today with bonuses look what I got for $25.34:

It was the last one! My friend took my rented copy and paid me. All is well!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Got it, beat it, loved it. I think its better than the first one, and the first one is one of my favorite first person shooters.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I actually powered through in the interest of staying focused on my work schedule for the rest of the week! Ha! I couldnt bear the thought of waiting around at work to play it.
    That's why I did it too. I had a large chunk of evening available last night and I didn't want to interrupt the story! I did have to go into work for three hours in the middle of a gaming session and all I could think about was the game.

Anyhoo, just because I finished the game once doesn't mean I'm tossing it aside. I'm about 75% through the second playthrough, getting all the small bits that I seemed to miss the first run through. I'm loving it just as much as the first Bioshock and I played through that thing about 10+ times. I honestly never tire of it. Meanwhile, Tomb Raider and Dishonored are still waiting for me to play.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow, just got done beating it. That has to be the greatest game I've ever played. Wow, just wow. My mind was blown away by the ending. Get this game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just started. Excited. See you guys in a while!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Im guilty as charged for that. But, I absolutely loathe the idea of the whole "play it and trade it" philosophy. If I find the game disappointing, then I'll trade it. But if it's something I absolutely enjoy, there's no way I'd ever get rid of it.

Like a good film. Buy it, enjoy it, and enjoy it again later.

And I'm already thinking of another playthrough since this one Spoiler: confuses the living hell out of me, big time.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-28-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does the health bar get bigger? Can hardly take any damage before dying.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you find infusion bottles, yes. You can choose to boost your health, shield, or salt meter. I recommend shields first though since they replenish and health doesn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool. Just got my first one now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I barely upgraded my health. Seemed pointless for awhile. Salt and Shields seemed like the best bet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So after finishing the game, and possibly missing, one thing I just can't wrap my head around. Spoiler: Why is Comstock so old compared to Booker?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    So after finishing the game, and possibly missing, one thing I just can't wrap my head around. Spoiler: Why is Comstock so old compared to Booker?
    because Spoiler: of his exposure to the machine, which also made him sterile. It's explained in an audio log or something

The one big thing they don't explain, which is odd because it's got its bases very well covered is Spoiler: the songbird. There is an audio log explaining that it is one of Fink's machinations. But I feel like that's completely insufficient... I'm almost certain that this will be covered by DLC.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    because Spoiler: of his exposure to the machine, which also made him sterile. It's explained in an audio log or something

The one big thing they don't explain, which is odd because it's got its bases very well covered is Spoiler: the songbird. There is an audio log explaining that it is one of Fink's machinations. But I feel like that's completely insufficient... I'm almost certain that this will be covered by DLC.
    Ah OK.

Spoiler: Heard about him being sterile. Missed that though.

Currently on my second playthrough. Already picking up on things I may have missed before. Plus, I have a better idea of what I'm doing. Skyhooks took some getting used to.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I bought the Ultimate Rapture Edition set of the two first games yesterday and I must say, I find and like Infinite way more than those two thus far. Don't know, Rapture is really cool but I like Columbia more. Tha faqk?