Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My favorite thing from any of the games though is the old-timey renditions of pop songs through the quantum fissure or whatever in Infinite... hearing a barbershop quartet sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "God Only Knows" was so eery and awesome.
    I missed that, I’ll have to play it again

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I loved Infinite, i played through it so many times...i have yet to finish Bioshock though. I keep trying to play it but i just end up losing interest a few hours in...i honestly do not know what's wrong with me.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That's maybe the only true weakness of all three games... they wear out in the end and the final boss is awlays pretty underwhelming. I LOVED the first one and played it through many times, the second one I don't remember that well, but Infinite was a gem on it's own, esepcially Elizabeth. Finally a NPC that isn't annoying but moves the story forward and is even a little useful here and there. I don't mind that the previews looked a little different in places, it's still a unique and solid game based on tropes and mechanics that I enjoyed in the first two games.

Another Bioshock would be amazing! I'd buy it without even looking. But I do hope they never release that movie. They can only get it wrong...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I also loved 2 and the Minerva's Den add on!

Also, Gary Shyman's score is fantastic imo. Especially the one for the first game.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've played through these games twice each and they are most likely my favorite trilogy. It's creepy, funny, well written, bleeding with atmosphere and a blast to play once you get it down.

Playing Bioshock 1&2 back to back, you can see a glaring difference when it comes to the story. It didn't take many risks and mostly all the powers you get are absolutely useless and you find yourself using the same ones over and over like Infinite. I like that we got to see more of Rapture, but the execution seemed dialed in.

Infinite on the other hand is close to being a masterpiece in story telling. I was absolutely blown away by the ending and where the story led up to once you get to the loop with the lighthouses and realize what is exactly going on. Putting the premise in the sky I thought was genius and I loved the old school American vibe it gave off. Seeing a robotic George Washington killing machine was hilarious, but my god are they fucking annoying. I read and hear about so many people hating this game, especially the story, but I can't help but think they just didn't fully get it.

Also, the soundtracks? Infinite being my favorite, they are amazing and adds to the atmosphere. Searching a room, I found myself singing along to a song, only to slowly figure out it was Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." Rudy Vallee's Makin' Whoopie plays in my car almost every day now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm long overdue to replay the second game.

This series is easily (didn't take long) one of my favorite series.

Infinite might be my favorite. Not very often that I play a game, quickly finish it, then immediately replay it. I don't usually have the attention span for that. Beaten it three times.

Been ages since I've played the first one. Haven't played the second since it had originally came out. All great games