Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm still not sure if I wanna get that print or the shirt I posted. It's pretty slick...But it's $50. Then again, I don't spend much money on clothes anymore, so why not splurge a bit on one?

It's not like I don't have the money to spare, what with the release date of Infinite being pushed back.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just beat Bioshock 2 today, not a bad game and I had fun with it. I still don't understand the hype though.

been playing multiplayer this morning, a bit fun but grows old quick.

I need to get the first game sometime.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ive never inderstood a lot of the HATE the sequel gets. I was a major skeptic, but story and gameplay pulled through rather hard.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed, and there's no other pair of games that needs to be played in order more than BioShock.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I love the second game. The first one's better, obviously. But, the second one was very good as well. Gameplay was more refined. A lot of fun. Story just wasn't what people expected, so they shit all over it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hmmm...I always loved the story of the second one too haha...I must be in the minority. :/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Story-wise, it's very different from the first one. Easily. They went with the more Emotional approach that time around, while still retaining some of it's philosophical edge as well. I thought it was well done for what it was, and still very thoughtful.

Edit: Also, they managed to answer questions left from the first game. And my the end of the game, I was left feeling pretty sympathetic for Delta and the other Big Daddies. And if you play Minerva's Den, that's another fine example of that. Just could've used a bit more Tenenbaum. Sinclair wasn't a bad touch though.
    Last edited by Piko; 07-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed, I at least felt that they put a TON of time and planning in to the story, but I think they knew the shoes they had to fill and you can't get much more daunting than BioShock. As for the multiplayer, I played the shit out of it lol...it was basic, but I dug it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They had giant shoes to fill. Levine didn't want to do another game in Rapture, so 2K had to pick up the slack. And considering all of that, they did an exceptionally well job. The story isn't nearly as dark as the first one, which probably bugs people. But, like the first one, it had it's thought provoking moments. That's Bioshock in a nutshell. Infinite will be exactly that as well, minus Rapture.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The way I see it BioShock 1 had the better atmosphere and story; 2 had more refined, chaotic and overall fun gameplay. I bought and marathoned both in a 3 day period about 2 months after the second game dropped, so I have a hard time trying to pick which one I love more.

Needless to say, Infinite has been my most anticipated game for almost 2 years now and is the one I feel most confidently about in terms of meeting my massive expectations. The BioShock formula is like crack to me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Depends on how you look at it, I guess. The first one was dark, insane, and hellish. While the second one had all of that, but with an added light-heartedness and optimism that the first one didn't have.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck my life too much red wine.

pic.twitter.com/zt8CK2xD

First glimpse at NECA's BioShock Infinite figures.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Irrational Games re-launched their online store. And needless to say, I want to buy nearly every fucking thing they have.

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Default.aspx

I decided to finally buy this shirt, heh. I ended up spending hardly any money on myself during vacation (thanks to my awesome parents and my mom's hard-earned traveler's points), so I figured I'd treat myself to something. I wanted to get a poster as well, but I'm gonna hold out until they announce the Infinite collector's edition before I buy anything else from them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I want! Won't let me order though...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I want! Won't let me order though...
    That's kinda weird. Maybe it's a glitch on the site, or some kind of regional thing.

Also, I don't think I mentioned this here, but I was thinking about getting the two chain logos (the same one on the shirt) tattooed on my wrists. I'm just waiting to find a better parlor after I move. The new local place didn't do so hot on my first tattoo. What do you guys think?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Thinking it might not be working because I'm on my phone. Gonna try later on my comp when I get home.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Shirt came in today! I wasn't expecting it so soon. I got a large, and it fits really nicely - just the right amount of tightness. (I'm 5'11 and 165 pounds).

(Just realized I posted this twice on this board. Oh well!)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Is it the lighting that's making that look sorta purple-ish?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Is it the lighting that's making that look sorta purple-ish?
    Hopefully, its the lighting... I haven't ordered it yet.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's definitely the lighting, haha. It's a solid gray color, just like in the store picture. My iPod's camera isn't exactly premium grade. :P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa, Rod F. (@GearsViking) has officially quit EPIC games to join Irrational games, where he will take over a large portion of production of BioShock Infinite. Also, two multiplayer modes they were working on (a tower defense mode...I know....and a co-op mode) have been scrapped. The game is still on track for Feb. 2013 according to Ken Levine, and most of the original BioShock team is still on board.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah i doubt this will have a substantial impact at this stage in the game... Ken Levine being in charge... that's what matters.

But ooooh no the multiplayer modes! So tragic! /sarcasm

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    No joke. It sucks for the people who are into multiplayer, but I'll always contend that Bioshock is one of those games that would definitely be just fine without it. Gimme a great story and immersive environments to get lost in and I'm a happy clam. Having multiplayer is cool, but if it comes between finishing a game on schedule and working on fancy new multiplayer stuff, I know where my vote's going.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've honestly never bothered with the multiplayer in Bioshock 2. There's a fine line between enjoying a single player game and everything that comes along with it, and multiplayer one that do what they do. Bioshock never needed it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The first article I saw about that news yesterday was titled 'Should Infinitie Fans Be Worried?' so naturally I was like 'oh fuck' and then it says multiplayer scrapped and I was like '...what.'. The only reason Irrational apparently even considered multiplayer was to avoid fast trade ins once people finished the campaign; apparently the first game had that problem. I say just do what I did, play through it fifty more times.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Levine made it seem like multiplayer was doubtful since it was originally mentioned. Think the exact words were "if it makes sense, we'll do it". I don't really care about it not having the multiplayer. That's not what I'm buying it. Just like me not buying dead space 3 for the co-op (single player guy).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If i want multiplayer ill play Halo, left 4 dead, mortal kombat. Games like this dont need it to be strong. I hate the trend where there shoving co-op and mp into everything, even more so because its always online only. Deadspace, Bioshock, and Mass Effect mp would be actuallt relevant if I could play with people in the same room.

Ive been worried that inFamous will be the next franchise suckered into this nonsense... its still a bastion of untainted purity... fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As do I, but again as I mentioned...remember that they know their campaigns are strong. The companies are trying to battle quick trade in times.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love co-op and multiplayer in games that are acceptable for it. Some games don't and never should. I didn't dislike the multiplayer in Bioshock 2 but it wasn't needed. Unless achievements are afoot for Dead Space 3 in co-op, don't consider me ever touching it otherwise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think co-op/multiplayer should make sense. Dead Space's co-op doesn't look too appealing. Resident Evil 5 suffered some from it imo. I'm glad Bioshock isn't doing it...yet.