Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's certainly the one I'm anticipating the most. But it isn't the only. Especially when there's two other games coming out that month (RE6 and AC3).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's my most anticipated too. With Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 coming out around the same time, the tail-end of this year is going to be hectic.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    It's my most anticipated too. With Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 coming out around the same time, the tail-end of this year is going to be hectic.
    They always put out the best, most wanted ones around Halloween-Christmas for the holidays. Douchebags. This game isn't really on my list but I am looking forward to Assassin's Creed 3, Tomb Raider and Borderlands 2 for the latter half of the year (post-June).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    looking how you're psyched about Bioshock, i can't not ask what other games arouse you on equal levels?

by the way, isn't the Siren simply a reimagination of Archvile from DOOM?
    Yeah the Siren gives me that vibe as well haha. As for games that have my interest piqued right now, this and Borderlands 2 are tops, then Dishonored. I usually just pick up games to try them if they look good lol. When I preordered BioShock 2 and Borderlands 2, I ended up saying 'aww fuck it' and picking up some more haha. Until I realized at the counter my bill was over $400. :/

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    odd because I love bioshock maybe as much as you do, but I fucking hate borderlands.... more like boringlands AHAHA!

:P

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL it's definitely not for everyone haha.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    (Edit - this is about Bioshock)

I think that it just depends on what kind of game a person gets into the most (which is kind of a no-brainer statement, yeah...). But I've got a friend who loves the game because he can run around and kill shit all the time. He's not really into "philosophy" and "art" and all that good stuff, let alone when it's a major factor in any video game. As for me, it's all about the atmosphere and the tension in the city - knowing exactly why your enemies are the way the are, and that they were once normal people just like you, just does it for me. It makes them all the more terrifying. And of course, you get the more heroic and innocent characters (Little Sisters, Tenenbaum, etc.) It just shows what extremes people are capable of. I love that sort of vehicle in a video game.

Edit: What the fuck? I could have sworn I was reading the latest post, but apparently I just replied to Piko's last post on the first page regarding what he likes about the game. Oops.

I haven't played Borderlands yet, but I mean to sooner or later. I just have a ton of games I own that I feel like I should play before I dive into more.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-22-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    All good points. I'm along the same lines of what I dig about it the most. Sure I got caught up in the Black Ops, MW3 craze, etc. but I always come back to these type of games that have a bit more substance.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think I'm done with call of duty, at least for awhile or until they do something different. If I'm going to play an FPS, it has to have some sort of substance. A good story will certainly help. Aside from fallout, Bioshock is the only FPS on my list to play in the future.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Rage was great. I'm mostly tired of the "soldier of war" genre. I have no passion whatsoever to play those games. Bioshock's definitely going to be the next shooter that I buy and probably the last for awhile (maybe halo, but that's something else altogether) .

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just got to Siren Alley in Bioshock 2, those Big Sisters are scaring the crap out of me, the fact that it warns you and you have to prepare for them just makes it worse.

Anyone else feel a bit guilty killing the Big Daddies ? (I used to go around trying to save the Barneys in Half Life too)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Absolutely I did haha. In any games I play I always tend to go the (for lack of a better term) 'paragon' route, as in always being the good guy, always saved the little sisters, never harvested, etc. etc. Just one of the things in the long list as to why I love the BioShock series. You felt wrong when doing something wrong, you felt vindicated when doing something right.

The first time through both BioShock games would rank, for me, up there with the best experiences I've had playing any games. The Big Sister shrieks freaked me out at first too...the fact that you knew they were coming but not from where was an awesome element.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, the Big Sisters were a pain. When you hear that shriek, that's your cue to go nuts when it came to traps. And how gruesome they made harvesting look, along with the mere fact that they'really little girls, yeah, anyone would feel a little guilty. I went the paragon route, mostly. I cracked a few heads in the second game though. Who I genuinely thought deserved it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Extremely interesting interview/article with Ken Levine discussing the overexposure of AAA titles.

I especially found the part of the ACIII creators calling Creed III a 'backdoor new IP' since it's the same universe but with a new character and essentially a new game altogether. I've heard that elsewhere online, that there are a ton of similarities, but climbing, battle, etc. are straight up not the same as previous Assassin's Creed titles. But I digress...

I sort of agree with those opposing announcing Infinite too soon...it seems like foreeeeever ago since the first big reveal. I remember where I was actually and what I was doing...and it's been years lol.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

From the Facebook page.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ...............................!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Very disappointed ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah that sucks but Ken Levine said it's to make the game as great as it can possibly be

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news...uary-2013.html

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That was practically the date it was supposed to come THIS year BEFORE it was pushed back to the Fall. So infuriating.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. A four month delay...on top of that I'm pretty sure it will make it around FOUR or so years since the game was first announced that it's going to drop. Ugh.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ...............................!
    My thoughts exactly when I saw this. :\ But I guess it must be worth it. You KNOW they know how excited people are for this game. They wouldn't delay it for unless they really felt they had to. I'm sure the tweaks will be worth it. Bioshock was incredible, Bioshock 2 was even better (in its own ways), and I'm sure this'll set an even higher bar for whatever comes next in the Bioshock universe.

On the other hand, at least that'll be one less game for me to be playing this fall? My hands are gonna be busy enough with Assassin's Creed 3 (and a couple others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Maybe the ZOE HD Collection?)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's a rumor that it also got pushed back because of GTA5. I'm pretty disappointed, but at the same time, there's so many other games coming out in October. So I guess it's sort of OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They also announced that Infinite will not be at E3 or Gamescon this year too.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nope. We're probably not going to be hearing much of anything until the new year probably. According to what Levine said.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pretty solid article discussing the possible reasons behind Infinite's delay.

Interesting about the job posting Irrational posted for a network programmer. I honestly don't want to see multiplayer in it at all. And hell, I'm one of the few that dug the hell out of BioShock 2's MP!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I really need to try out the multiplayer for Bioshock. And for every other game I own that features multiplayer. :P

Also, funny about the rumor regarding GTA5. I was just wondering when that was gonna get here.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Wow. A four month delay...on top of that I'm pretty sure it will make it around FOUR or so years since the game was first announced that it's going to drop. Ugh.
    It could be worse... I've been waiting patiently since early 2006 for Final Fantasy Versus XIII to come out, and so far we've only seen one gameplay video and one CG trailer, and no release window has been even hinted at yet. I'm starting to wonder if it will ever come out.

anyway, while I'm in here, has anyone seen the underwater hotel they're building in Dubai? It almost looks like it was designed from the Bioshock storyboards

Apparently you travel by submarine into the main docking bay, and then you enter a sealed-off room that drains before letting you out.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit that's so sick.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I saw that a while back! Expensive as shit, though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Irrational Games re-launched their online store. And needless to say, I want to buy nearly every fucking thing they have.

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Default.aspx

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Was just coming to post that. Had to splurge on the Andrew Ryan figure and Songbird print. $115 plus shipping for both though...sigh. Was hoping that the Murder of Crows bottle would be under a hundred as well, but $500?? Something tells me spending almost a third of a paycheck for a plastic bottle would make the better half question my sanity LOL.

Still deciding on if I want any of the shirts or hoodies or whatnot, will probably wait to see if they put more up.