Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Lucky you, at least you have the Charge Vigor. I missed it and now am at Emporia. Sucks, hope I can get it later as I don't feel like going back and replaying.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I don't think I can afford to fully upgrade the charge attack, but maybe if I go scrounging around for loot that I might have missed I can do it.
    You should be fine with what I remember was the less expensive upgrade: It was the damage portion of the charge vigor. The second upgrade provided temporary invincibility. But, honestly, I don't remember getting hit once by the Siren (or her minions), so, it was more of a precaution than a necessity. As long as you get that damage upgrade, and almost have max salt infusions, you should be fine. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This game blew my mind.

Also, anybody? I knew it wasn't just me. I read somewhere the likeness is intentional..

http://cheezburger.com/7172848384

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    ok... I just scrounged around for about an hour collecting enough money to fully upgrade my charge attack, and even found another infusion to get my salts to -1 from being maxed out... I still didn't stand a chance and I want to kick a fucking hole in my television because as much as I ran around and tried to get the game to save before I went after her again, I couldn't find anything. So there goes an hour of my existence I'll never get back. I'm so pissed off right now.

What the hell do you exactly do to screw her up so much with the charge attack? I was doing it and it did practically nothing. NOTHING. Do you tap the attack or charge it, or what? I would zoom in, bash her, blast her with the fully upgraded shotgun twice, then charge her again, and again, blah blah, NOTHING. I barely got her life down to half before my salts were depleted.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I knew you could buy Charge from a Vigor machine but was unsure if it would permanently wipe one of my other Vigors out until I got a replacement scattered about. I couldn't find another Charge Bottle so I bought it for $250. It worked and now I have all Vigors, phew.

Spoiler: I just got to the point where the Songbird takes Elizabeth away. I assume I'm nearing the end, sadly.

I'll have to buy the season pass for sure.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-05-2013 at 08:26 AM. Reason: SPOILERS!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    FINALLY! got her.

Now I only have to do it two more times

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    ok... I just scrounged around for about an hour collecting enough money to fully upgrade my charge attack, and even found another infusion to get my salts to -1 from being maxed out... I still didn't stand a chance and I want to kick a fucking hole in my television because as much as I ran around and tried to get the game to save before I went after her again, I couldn't find anything. So there goes an hour of my existence I'll never get back. I'm so pissed off right now.

What the hell do you exactly do to screw her up so much with the charge attack? I was doing it and it did practically nothing. NOTHING. Do you tap the attack or charge it, or what? I would zoom in, bash her, blast her with the fully upgraded shotgun twice, then charge her again, and again, blah blah, NOTHING. I barely got her life down to half before my salts were depleted.
    The only things I can think are: Maybe you didn't have the right melee gear (like the one that sets enemies on fire) or, more likely, you are hitting her when she is in her white/ghost state. As soon as the fight starts, I immediately run up to her and start charging, one after the other. At the beginning of the fight, she is in a solid form, screaming the dead bodies to life. This is the only time you can hit her. If that doesn't work, then, I don't know. I looked on youtube and others have footage of this process in action and actually list the best gear for these battles. Honestly, I had no problem with the 1999 siren in any of my three fights. Further, I was one of those who used other methods and had a hell of a time beating her (mostly by luck) when I had my initial hard level playthrough. Another thing: I don't use the shotgun, I've used one of those volley guns or rocket launcher in between charges, just to be sure (in my first 1999 encounter).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For LULZ

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Maybe you didn't have the right melee gear
    I think has been my biggest roadblock here. I've had REALLY bad luck with the Gear drops this playthrough. Since they're all random (yay!), I've been getting the worst "hand" you can get. Most of my gear enhancements are useless.

I can't lock her in place. I beat the first fight (just BARELY), but this one in the bank vault is again kicking my ass. I got lucky the first time, but this one is another matter. At least this time the game saved right before the fight, and I had the equipment and perks I wanted set up already.

EDIT: but holy shit, if I have to hear Elizabeth say "I think she's a combination of myself, and my feelings for her..." one more time I'm going to scream so loud glass will shatter
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-04-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I don't want to be THAT GUY but I'm hearing a lot of complaint/ struggling with certain sections and combat and general... and I just don't get it. Everything went so smoothly for me. Especially in my second playthrough. Maybe it's because the crows are just THAT awesome?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The crows are indeed awesome. It was my most used Vigor until I got CTHULU POWER. And I'll definitely try the ALWAYS BE CHARGING tip when I take on 1999 mode. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I assume I don't need spoiler tags anymore as it seems everyone has beaten this thus far. I just got to the point where the Songbird takes Elizabeth away. I assume I'm nearing the end, sadly. I'll have to buy the season pass for sure.
    Arguably the creepiest part of the game coming up. Probably one of the creepiest parts of any game ever for that matter. Also, thinking I'll end my DLC drought with this game. Haven't played a worthwhile DLC pack in a while but maybe they'll do something interesting in this case.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I don't know how they will be churning out a decent DLC with this one. IMHO the story can not be elevated any further as it's pretty much perfect as it is, but yeah, I'll gladly take anything just to be taken back to this world, the songbird and Elizabeth.

My ranking as of now: Bioshock Infinite > Bioshock > Bioshock 2

What is everyone's opinion on the songbird? While he may not be as iconic as the Big Daddy I really like him and the constant threat that he even if he's not there puts on you is remarkable. Spoiler: I also like the fact that you never get to fight him as some kind of boss, whereas he remains one of the best story devices in the game. His death has you almost in tears...

There is something about the original game that I miss with Infinite, but on the other hand the developers did a pretty good job at making Infinte stand on its own.
    Last edited by dlb; 04-05-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really want to find out more about the origin and purpose of the Songbird. It feels like there's more to that particular story.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I assume I don't need spoiler tags anymore as it seems everyone has beaten this thus far.
    Negative, boss. The game has only been out for a little over a week! Keep using spoiler tags, for the sanity of whoever ventures into the thread. We're not an enclosed bubble.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: BioShock

Whoever complains about it probably just failed at it. Oh, bitter gamers...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I don't know how they will be churning out a decent DLC with this one. IMHO the story can not be elevated any further as it's pretty much perfect as it is, but yeah, I'll gladly take anything just to be taken back to this world, the songbird and Elizabeth.

My ranking as of now: Bioshock Infinite > Bioshock > Bioshock 2

What is everyone's opinion on the songbird? While he may not be as iconic as the Big Daddy I really like him and the constant threat that he even if he's not there puts on you is remarkable. Spoiler: I also like the fact that you never get to fight him as some kind of boss, whereas he remains one of the best story devices in the game. His death has you almost in tears...

There is something about the original game that I miss with Infinite, but on the other hand the developers did a pretty good job at making Infinte stand on its own.
    I'm inclined to agree. I like this gameplay, atmosphere, characters and themes more than the Rapture set original BioShocks. I'm hooked on this game and love it. I can honestly say this game changed my mind on the series as a whole but I still don't particularly go crazy for the original two like this one. As for the order you placed them, I agree. Infinite < BioShock < BioShock 2 for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Negative, boss. The game has only been out for a little over a week! Keep using spoiler tags, for the sanity of whoever ventures into the thread. We're not an enclosed bubble.
    True but it seems like every post is remarking about a second or third playthrough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, please no spoilers! Still trying to decide whether I want to bankrupt myself and buy it now or wait until the hype dies down and the prices drop. It's nice to read reactions and so on without having to be spoiled every five words.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Yes, please no spoilers! Still trying to decide whether I want to bankrupt myself and buy it now or wait until the hype dies down and the prices drop. It's nice to read reactions and so on without having to be spoiled every five words.
    I agree, need to keep them spoiler tags. I don't want to rush this one as it's very rich in story, visuals and content. I found a stopping point this past week and probably won't get back to it for a bit.

Not sure what kind of price drop you're looking to wait for. It might be a LONG time before any significant drop (unless you want to buy this used). I'm of the mind (and only based on playing about an hour or so) that this is a brilliant game and I couldn't imagine waiting to have to play this. I have a lot of FPS games and this certainly stands out so far.

As I said before, I don't want to rush through it, I really want to soak it in like a great novel as the story has so many intricate elements to it (pick up all those Voxophones!) and the environment is ever-evolving. I feel like if I rushed to the end like some standard FPS (KILL EVERYTHING!!) it would lose that kind of depth and I'd feel bad having done that on my first playthrough. Just my opinion.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    anyone who doesn't see how the DLC could function is looking at this the wrong way, and perhaps they don't remember the DLC for Bioshock 2. You don't have to necessarily go back to being the same character. You could be a city planner helping to build a guest room to Comstock House for all we know. There's a ton of possibilities here.

While I'm here, and spoiler free, I've made it to the very end on 1999 mode. All I have to do is pass the final battle. And holy hell this is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Unrelated, but I'd love to have this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Not sure what kind of price drop you're looking to wait for. It might be a LONG time before any significant drop (unless you want to buy this used). I'm of the mind (and only based on playing about an hour or so) that this is a brilliant game and I couldn't imagine waiting to have to play this. I have a lot of FPS games and this certainly stands out so far.
    It's €45.99 where I work right now (less my 10% discount), which is a great price for a brand new game but it's not really money I have right now. The new Tomb Raider dropped down to €31.99 this week––that's the kind of reduction I'm hoping for. It's not so much that I don't want to risk paying a lot for a game I might not like, which is generally why I'll avoid buying new, it's just that I don't really have that money right now. In an ideal world it would have been a day-one, collector's edition kinda deal.

It looks like an amazing game. The combat seems like it might be problematic and I guess I've always had issues with BioShock combat (but thankfully pretty much every other aspect of the game made up for it), so I'm hoping I'll be immersed enough in the story that I won't have a problem with it. I just really, really can't wait to play this game. It's torture even reading about the glitches people have encountered.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I don't want to be THAT GUY but I'm hearing a lot of complaint/ struggling with certain sections and combat and general... and I just don't get it. Everything went so smoothly for me. Especially in my second playthrough. Maybe it's because the crows are just THAT awesome?

Yep! Crows+Shock+Shoot= easy.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    It's €45.99 where I work right now (less my 10% discount), which is a great price for a brand new game but it's not really money I have right now. The new Tomb Raider dropped down to €31.99 this week––that's the kind of reduction I'm hoping for. It's not so much that I don't want to risk paying a lot for a game I might not like, which is generally why I'll avoid buying new, it's just that I don't really have that money right now. In an ideal world it would have been a day-one, collector's edition kinda deal.

It looks like an amazing game. The combat seems like it might be problematic and I guess I've always had issues with BioShock combat (but thankfully pretty much every other aspect of the game made up for it), so I'm hoping I'll be immersed enough in the story that I won't have a problem with it. I just really, really can't wait to play this game. It's torture even reading about the glitches people have encountered.
    It will drop in price. You'll just need to wait a couple months.

On another note, I finally beat 1999 mode (without using the Dollar Bill machines). Yay. The only really hard part for me was the siren fights. Otherwise, not too difficult at all. The final battle is actually pretty easy if you use the water/spray ability (the one that's pretty lame through the rest of the game) to knock the people off the boat.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just beat the game...

Spoiler: I wasn't actually confused though I know it was hard to follow even if you miss the slightest detail. Also I think Booker Dewitt's death is one of the most saddening things that's happened to a protagonist in a game I played that actually bothered me to a great extent in a long long time.

I'll need to replay some things and mop up for achievements. Hell of a game and grand in scale. DLC is welcomed by me, love to play more of this world and universe. I need more. Spoiler: I wouldn't even be upset and I love the idea of the DLC focusing on alternate timelines and events that relate to the end of the game.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

This save system sucks. So far I have gone back to the same spot three times. What the fuck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I don't have a printer... I really like the one with them falling.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Got about an hour in to my 1999 run and so far it's not as hard as I thought it'd be, though I'm well aware it's going to get there lol. Day off work tomorrow so other than 4 hours of tattoo work, it's gonna be an Infinite marathon!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    i reversed my box art the moment I got it. I can't stand the front version.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Easily the best cover right here

Last edited by exilajei; 04-09-2013 at 04:47 PM.