Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    My favorite thing from any of the games though is the old-timey renditions of pop songs through the quantum fissure or whatever in Infinite... hearing a barbershop quartet sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "God Only Knows" was so eery and awesome.
    I missed that, I’ll have to play it again

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I loved Infinite, i played through it so many times...i have yet to finish Bioshock though. I keep trying to play it but i just end up losing interest a few hours in...i honestly do not know what's wrong with me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    That's maybe the only true weakness of all three games... they wear out in the end and the final boss is awlays pretty underwhelming. I LOVED the first one and played it through many times, the second one I don't remember that well, but Infinite was a gem on it's own, esepcially Elizabeth. Finally a NPC that isn't annoying but moves the story forward and is even a little useful here and there. I don't mind that the previews looked a little different in places, it's still a unique and solid game based on tropes and mechanics that I enjoyed in the first two games.

Another Bioshock would be amazing! I'd buy it without even looking. But I do hope they never release that movie. They can only get it wrong...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I also loved 2 and the Minerva's Den add on!

Also, Gary Shyman's score is fantastic imo. Especially the one for the first game.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I've played through these games twice each and they are most likely my favorite trilogy. It's creepy, funny, well written, bleeding with atmosphere and a blast to play once you get it down.

Playing Bioshock 1&2 back to back, you can see a glaring difference when it comes to the story. It didn't take many risks and mostly all the powers you get are absolutely useless and you find yourself using the same ones over and over like Infinite. I like that we got to see more of Rapture, but the execution seemed dialed in.

Infinite on the other hand is close to being a masterpiece in story telling. I was absolutely blown away by the ending and where the story led up to once you get to the loop with the lighthouses and realize what is exactly going on. Putting the premise in the sky I thought was genius and I loved the old school American vibe it gave off. Seeing a robotic George Washington killing machine was hilarious, but my god are they fucking annoying. I read and hear about so many people hating this game, especially the story, but I can't help but think they just didn't fully get it.

Also, the soundtracks? Infinite being my favorite, they are amazing and adds to the atmosphere. Searching a room, I found myself singing along to a song, only to slowly figure out it was Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World." Rudy Vallee's Makin' Whoopie plays in my car almost every day now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm long overdue to replay the second game.

This series is easily (didn't take long) one of my favorite series.

Infinite might be my favorite. Not very often that I play a game, quickly finish it, then immediately replay it. I don't usually have the attention span for that. Beaten it three times.

Been ages since I've played the first one. Haven't played the second since it had originally came out. All great games

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    hmmmmmmmmmmm i don't know how i feel about that

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, the open world aspect of it all depending on where the setting will be, and even if they have it connected to the rest of the games, can work if you really think about it. Hopefully it brings new stuff we haven't seen before since many developers are now looking for more creative ideas to implement into the open world genre. If it is more of the same we have seen, and the discussion was "Well, there is no Bioshock open world game yet." I will be very reluctant.. or I will love the shit out of it like I do with the rest of the entries in the series.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well, open world can be great, but also very teadious... let's hope they don't clutter the map with question-marks and quests that will pull you out of the story which is certainly the highlight of Bioshock games as well as world-building. The latter could benefit from an open world as much as it can suffer from it. I'm totally down for a new game either way as I thoroughly enjoyed all three installements even with multiple play-throughs.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Leak online today from an apparently ‘reputable’ insider…

Fourth game will be called ‘BioShock Immortal’ or ‘BioShock Isolation’, set deep in a hidden Antarctic city called Borealis. Set in the 1960’s and apparently very much tied in with the previous titles. Rumblings we’re that it’d be revealed at the game awards tonight and if not, sometime up to (and maybe at) E3.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Borealis was also used as the name of the ice Breaker research ship in half life 2 before it got cut.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    OH MY ACTUAL FUCKING GOD.

PLEASE GIVE THIS A MASSIVE BUDGET PLEASE GIVE THIS A MASSIVE BUDGET

edit: 2K confirming that Cloud Chamber is also of course actively working on the next game.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 02-15-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Gore Verbinski is directing, but this getting the Netflix treatment makes me just give this a hard eye-roll so far... UGH.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gore Veribinski's involvement has yet to be confirmed. He was attached when it was with Universal who sliced his budget and told him last minute they'd be editing it heavily as he wanted a hard R rating and they balked. NETFLIX isn't constrained by the same rating system.

We get it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Gore Veribinski's involvement has yet to be confirmed. He was attached when it was with Universal who sliced his budget and told him last minute they'd be editing it heavily as he wanted a hard R rating and they balked. NETFLIX isn't constrained by the same rating system.

We get it.
    There was another post stating he was indeed directing as of now on a Twitter post I saw today and now I can't find it. But regardless, I'm not looking forward to this as of now.

Edit: nvm.. I read that post wrong.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-15-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's actually happening...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The track record for live action adaptations for video games is piss poor overall, but the resumes of the names attached to write & direct Bioshock have me feeling cautiously optimistic, hopeful, and (dare I say) even excited! I'm also looking forward to watching the HBO series based on The Last of Us!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow to see Fort Frolic, among others, come to life? That would be amazing. That level is such an all-time moment in an oustanding game full of great moments. It's a shame that it's a movie instead of a miniseries: There is so much to that game that it could easily sustain a miniseries. One level per episode would be nice...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Wow to see Fort Frolic, among others, come to life? That would be amazing. That level is such an all-time moment in an oustanding game full of great moments. It's a shame that it's a movie instead of a miniseries: There is so much to that game that it could easily sustain a miniseries. One level per episode would be nice...
    I like this idea.

I wonder if they'll do an adaptation of the game, or write something set in the universe. This could be very good, or just another Netflix disaster.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 08-26-2022 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ken LEVINE’S new game was debuted at the game awards. Looks great!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    Ken LEVINE’S new game was debuted at the game awards. Looks great!

It looks like Bioshock in space, and I am all here for it!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That's perhaps the one thing that made me go 'come on.' haha. Not a negative per se, but the signs on the wall... 'Rapture.' little steampunky robots 'Rapture.' little glowing electricity in the hand 'Plasmids.' lol

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's perhaps the one thing that made me go 'come on.' haha. Not a negative per se, but the signs on the wall... 'Rapture.' little steampunky robots 'Rapture.' little glowing electricity in the hand 'Plasmids.' lol
    It is very on the nose in those aspects, yes lol. I love the style that it brings and I'm such a sucker for it, so I'll definitely be throwing money at it at some point.

If the final product turns out to be a very watered down version of Bioshock, then I'll be having second thoughts for sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    It is very on the nose in those aspects, yes lol. I love the style that it brings and I'm such a sucker for it, so I'll definitely be throwing money at it at some point.

If the final product turns out to be a very watered down version of Bioshock, then I'll be having second thoughts for sure.
    Oh don’t get it twisted. I’ll be buying this day one, lmao.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    New Trailer for Judas.

Last edited by virushopper; 01-31-2024 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Pasted the wrong link lol

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who didn't hear that there was a full System Shock remake in the works, coming out in May? I guess there's a PC demo of this now? How did I not know this existed?

https://www.amazon.com/System-Shock-...0CXV3342B&th=1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't hear that there was a full System Shock remake in the works, coming out in May? I guess there's a PC demo of this now? How did I not know this existed?

https://www.amazon.com/System-Shock-...0CXV3342B&th=1
    More than a demo, the full game has been out for awhile on PC.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    More than a demo, the full game has been out for awhile on PC.
    I heard nothing about this. I would have played it on my Steam Deck, but I guess I'll wait for the PS5 version.