Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Looks like it's finally happening. Leaked box art for the HD remaster collection!

GIVE IT TO ME NOW.
    IT'S....BEAUTIFUL!!! Yeah, take my money now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Take-Two hasn't announced anything officially as of yet, but they have to soon. One can hope...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe by E3. If that's the case, maybe it'll be out by fall?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love the games but I'm out on rebuying these in HD format.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Nice. Some of the best fps games of the last couple years. Hopefully that means a new one is in the works.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not huge news, but it's important. The ESRB has officially rated "BioShock: The Collection", stating it will have the same rating as the original games, and will release for XB1, PS4, and PC. No word on official date or if they'll be HD remastered (which is what I want the most).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else read all the backstory when playing Bioshock? The game was good I thought, but a little too frightening for me (hate horror stuff). But the customization options were good. Top 5 FPS series btw?

In no particular order:

Halo
    Call of Duty
    Dishonoured
    Far Cry
    GoldenEye

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There are some singular ones I like such as Duke Nukem 3D and Goldeneye, but for series I'd go:

Doom
    Half-Life
    Wolfenstein
    Bioshock
    Portal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Solid list

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Wouldn't call Dishonored a series just yet. Also it's more about stealth than shooting.

Half Life gots to take the crown here.
    BioShock.
    Doom.
    Fallout (the newer games starting with Fallout 3).
    Jedi Knight.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just finished playing through Infinite for the first time. definitely missed the setting of rapture, but the game was beautiful. having a partner in Elizabeth for the majority of the game was fun, but occasionally she would just constantly be in my way while i was trying to explore and it was a bit frustrating.
    the story-line of the game was really cool, though, and i thoroughly enjoyed that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    While not officially announced...yet. The 2K site now has a "Bioshock: The Collection" page with the artwork! (better res than the one above)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...01904b53000003

Officially announced, September 13. Since I never ended up playing Infinite, even though I got it free through PS+, I might pick this up to play through the first two again, don't think I ever finished the second one.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Preordering today fo sho.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    In case you already own the PC versions:

Quote Originally Posted by Game Informer
    If you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva's Den, you'll get the upgraded versions free.
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...september.aspx

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    OH MY SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS.

2K games officially announces a newly-formed studio that has begun work on the next title in the BioShock series.

Please let this be good please let this be good please let this be good

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Newly formed studio... Hope they can do right by it

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK i'm...not sure how to feel on this. I get people and 2k want more Bioshock, but Infinite left the series on such a fucking outstanding high i'm not even sure the original team could top it. I hope they can, it's happening regardless, please just...don't fuck it up.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm on the boat of skepticism. I love Bioshock. Im curious as to what they plan to do. Hopefully no more Rapture and something completely new and fresh.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I’m in the cautiously optimistic boat. I’d love more Bioshock, but not if it’s going to be a shell of its former self. Earlier, my eye caught a headline that said the new game was already several years into development, so my fingers are crossed that all that time is going somewhere, if true.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’m in the cautiously optimistic boat. I’d love more Bioshock, but not if it’s going to be a shell of its former self. Earlier, my eye caught a headline that said the new game was already several years into development, so my fingers are crossed that all that time is going somewhere, if true.
    Yeah i saw that story, really does go some way to explain just how much of a mess the development for all the previous games were, it's crazy they ever turned out as good as they are! It does sound like this has been a thing for several years, but has been "rebooted" a couple of times and started again from scratch, so this version of the game has only been worked on for the last couple of years at most. We shouldn't expect to here anything more until the next gen of consoles are out at least...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    After almost a decade, Birth.Movies.Death actually got their hands on the legit script of Gore Verbinski's BioShock movie, and describe it in this article in pretty good detail.

Sounds amazing but you can totally see why Universal killed it weeks before filming started. Sure it's awesome for you and I, but the average movie crowd may have found it a bit...violent and bleak.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh, after recently playing through every Bioshock game and DLC, now I crave this even more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Though it could just be semantics, it appears that the next BioShock won't be set in Rapture or Columbia.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    has anyone played the bioshock collection on the switch? if so, how is it? i have all three games for PS3 but i really, really don't like playing games on the PS3 (the controller honestly makes my hands ache after a very short time). i shouldn't be spending money right now but i also am up to almost 300 hours in dead cells and i really need to play something different.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    has anyone played the bioshock collection on the switch? if so, how is it? i have all three games for PS3 but i really, really don't like playing games on the PS3 (the controller honestly makes my hands ache after a very short time). i shouldn't be spending money right now but i also am up to almost 300 hours in dead cells and i really need to play something different.
    welp, no one responded to me, so i ended up finding it for $35 (instead of $50) and i started playing last night. it's really fun to dive back into that world after such a long time. i originally played the first game on xbox 360, then on PS3, so playing it on switch feels a bit odd (mostly because of the controller and its buttons being so small), but i'm having fun. a little bummed it's not actually in 5.1, though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’ve been thinking about Bioshock lately and my likes \ dislikes about the franchise. I think my favourite level of the whole series is the Steinem level in the medical pavilion in the first one. I love how the whole thing builds up through audio files and all the sinister pictures of Steinems victims scattered throughout the level, it’s just really disturbing, and he gets more and more deranged in his audio recordings.

I like the claustrophobic aspect to the first two games and wish I liked Infinite more but it was just a bit too sprawling and I found it really hard to keep up with the story. However there were some aspects to Infinite that were genius like the heavy hitters. I think the Motorised Patriot has to be the most hilarious yet scary enemy in a game. Anyway a very mixed bag

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I definitely liked Infinite better than Bioshock 2, which felt sorta phoned-in to me. Still, all of the games seemed strongest in the beginning. There's this authentic sense of wonder, and I get how the creator said he was inspired by dark carnival ride experiences, like The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. The first couple hours of Infinite were amazing, but it just wore out towards the end and felt generic.

My favorite thing from any of the games though is the old-timey renditions of pop songs through the quantum fissure or whatever in Infinite... hearing a barbershop quartet sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "God Only Knows" was so eery and awesome.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I definitely liked Infinite better than Bioshock 2, which felt sorta phoned-in to me. Still, all of the games seemed strongest in the beginning. There's this authentic sense of wonder, and I get how the creator said he was inspired by dark carnival ride experiences, like The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. The first couple hours of Infinite were amazing, but it just wore out towards the end and felt generic.

My favorite thing from any of the games though is the old-timey renditions of pop songs through the quantum fissure or whatever in Infinite... hearing a barbershop quartet sing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "God Only Knows" was so eery and awesome.
    i must really be in the minority for loving 2 as much as i do. story-wise, it's my favorite for sure. but, like with the first one, the final "boss" is pretty underwhelming.