Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The final years of Irrational Games.

A pretty fascinating read about Infinite and Levine.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow. I just downloaded the last DLC like an hour ago. It already feels bittersweet to me. Playing as Elizabeth is pretty cool though. ALL THE STEALTH. I'm preparing myself for another mindfuck though. Which I hope will tie up everything.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I feel the ending wrapped things up nicely. Depressing, but nice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I feel the ending wrapped things up nicely. Depressing, but nice.
    Yeah, I agree, this is without a doubt my favorite gaming series ever. It was nice how they ended it. I would be fine if they another company didn't make anymore after this. But I would be lying if i said i didn't want more.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I also beat this earlier. Fun stuff. Loved the Stealth Aspects. Missed 8 Voxophones/Audio Diaries (dammit!) and I also felt it wrapped the game and the aspect of Irrational Games tenure with this series up.

Spoiler: Loved the ending link with Elizabeth, the tear and how her work with Atlas led to them downing Jack's plane, linking to the first game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I too beat it earlier today.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I finally got around to playing Burial at Sea part 2 (I've had the season pass but just never got around to playing it this week).

Without spoiling anything, holy shit did I cry. I cried at the start, I cried near the end, I cried at the end, I cried after the end. I've loved BioShock ever since first setting foot in the bathysphere in BioShock 1, and this was basically the perfect ending to it, even if it broke my heart. Sad to know this series is probably going to get milked for all it's worth by some other dev team now that Irrational is no more.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finished the dlc. Kinda bittersweet about it. Love stealth games, but it should have nothing to do with bioshock games. Story-wise, it was great.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Finally got around to playing the DLC. Many tears were shed. Very nice ending to everything. I didn't care for the stealth mode stuff though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sounds intriguing. I completed Infinite and although I did enjoy it I wasn't too invested in the story (Unlike the first Bioshock). I just thought the DLC was another pointless venture into rapture but it looks like I could be mistaken.

The first Bioshock is one of the best games of the generation hands down.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Sounds intriguing. I completed Infinite and although I did enjoy it I wasn't too invested in the story (Unlike the first Bioshock). I just thought the DLC was another pointless venture into rapture but it looks like I could be mistaken.
    Yeah. I didn't like Burial at Sea pt 1 that much, but Pt 2 and Clash in the Clouds are pretty good. Well, Pt 2 is good story wise, but I think some of the gameplay isn't as good. I don't like how they made Elizabeth weaker and less able than Booker. I know it's their way of trying to push the player to use the stealth crap more often, but I still didn't like it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Part 1 was pretty fun. Story-wise, it felt more like your usual stand-alone dlc. But, it does well enough to lead into part 2, which is essential to those who are fans of the series. If the series were to end now, I would be content. It brought everything together quite nicely. A fitting end.

That being said, I hope in future games they don't involve any more stealth. Some games just don't work with a stealth mechanic. And it's the second game this year to force it in, that I've played.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I hope they bundle both Burial at Sea parts together at some point and release a disc version.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I hope they bundle both Burial at Sea parts together at some point and release a disc version.
    That's usually the way it goes these days. I'll wait a while to see if they do release it this way to play it. I'll use it as a good excuse to play through 1 & 2 again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    That's usually the way it goes these days. I'll wait a while to see if they do release it this way to play it. I'll use it as a good excuse to play through 1 & 2 again.
    I doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished Bioshock 2 with the good ending. It was a perfect ending. This is why I love videogames. I can't wait to see what Infinite has in store for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Another very small tidbit of news regarding the BioShock movie. Everyone knows Gore Verbinski was tagged to direct but dropped out (word is the studio didn't want to make the movie as violent and 'dark' as he wanted), Ken Levine officially dealt the killing blow to scrap what was done up to that point, etc.

Now, word is swirling around that production is still looking to start in 2015, and that Woody Harrelson is being eyed for Bill McDonagh. When recently asked about it...

"Nothing is confirmed so far, if they decide to push through with the project, my line is open".

Not much I know, but still...I want this movie to be done and done right.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I desperately do not want a movie to happen. There is no reason to make a movie.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I desperately do not want a movie to happen. There is no reason to make a movie.
    I'm on that boat as well. Those movies never work out well. On paper, it's a great idea. Realistically, it'll probably be awful. Look at what they did to Max Payne...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

My girlfriend took this photo. XD

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Another very small tidbit of news regarding the BioShock movie. Everyone knows Gore Verbinski was tagged to direct but dropped out (word is the studio didn't want to make the movie as violent and 'dark' as he wanted), Ken Levine officially dealt the killing blow to scrap what was done up to that point, etc.

Now, word is swirling around that production is still looking to start in 2015, and that Woody Harrelson is being eyed for Bill McDonagh. When recently asked about it...

"Nothing is confirmed so far, if they decide to push through with the project, my line is open".

Not much I know, but still...I want this movie to be done and done right.
    I think it would depend on the director and the direction they would take. If Verbinski was doing it, I wouldn't have much faith in it, based on his recent track record. But I do think it should be kept dark and violent, of course. A director like Danny Boyle would knock this out of the park, I think. He could make the splicers vicious and horrific like in 28 Days Later, he could sell the character drama, and he could handle the alternate realities angle, having done surreal scenes in a number of his movies.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    We all know what it should be. But, we all know that they'll just make it more "accessible". I'll probably end up seeing it either way though...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    We all know what it should be. But, we all know that they'll just make it more "accessible". I'll probably end up seeing it either way though...
    Likewise. :\ The idealist part of me desperately wants it made, but realistically, I know that a movie won't do the franchise any justice. It might be okay, but unless there's a Bioshock-crazed billionaire out there willing to throw their money at making a perfect film specifically for Bioshock fans (and not water it down by making it "accessible") (lol water), I don't see the movie in my mind being made.

Oh well. Even if it turns out garbage, it doesn't have to affect my love for the series.

Edit: I can tell you right now - If it's not a HARD R, then it won't be worth it - and I have a gut feeling it won't be a hard R.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Take this with a boulder of salt obviously, but there may....M A Y...be a HD remastered BioShock collection coming for the PS4 and Xbox One.

If true, it's an instant buy for me, I don't care how much it is. I hope it's all three, though will take anything at this point.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Take this with a boulder of salt obviously, but there may....M A Y...be a HD remastered BioShock collection coming for the PS4 and Xbox One.

If true, it's an instant buy for me, I don't care how much it is. I hope it's all three, though will take anything at this point.
    Hopefully it's true. Even though I still have the games on 360, I would totally buy a remaster. I'd be amazed if it weren't all three games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I platinumed all three games on ps3...would do it again for ps4. I hope it's real.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

If this is real, would you kindly buy this for me. Thank you.
    Last edited by virushopper; 10-16-2015 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks like it's finally happening. Leaked box art for the HD remaster collection!

GIVE IT TO ME NOW.