Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Nine Inch Nails make the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame shortlist

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They base the winners on votes? How does it even work.... there should be pts given to maybe 10 categories...

Based on votes we should have Drake, Beiber, and the Weeknd inducted. Fan/vote base is massive.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    They base the winners on votes? How does it even work.... there should be pts given to maybe 10 categories...

Based on votes we should have Drake, Beiber, and the Weeknd inducted. Fan/vote base is massive.
    apparently the fan vote is tiny, tiny, I can’t remember the exact percentage of a rock hall members vote, but it was almost winning the lottery levels of pointlessness. Absolute waste of people’s time

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Even though Trent has pop-pooed the RRHOF, I’d like to see NIN (and anyone else deserving) get in.

Judas Priest, one of the best and most influential metal bands of all time, isn’t in. I’m pretty sure NWA had the lowest vote percentage the year prior to being inducted... and then made it after the mega-hit biopic in Straight Out Of Compton.

I know it’s generic, but fun at the same time. TR/AR got an Oscar for TSN score, but didn’t even get a mention for TGWTDT which “sounded” way better IMHO.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Radiohead, Def Leppard, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks, The Cure, The Zombies and Roxy Music

This is actually a tight class, and could make for some good television, especially if Radiohead decides to show up.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    I wonder if TR will be asked to induct The Cure?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What'd I tell you guys? Devo got shafted.

Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    What'd I tell you guys? Devo got shafted.
    And Kraftwerk! For fuck's sake, as much as I love Stevie Nicks, she's already in there with Fleetwood Mac. So they shafted Devo and PROBABLY THE most influential electronic act of all time to induct Stevie Nicks again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Isnít the RNR HOF pretty much just a big circle jerk (with BIG bucks being thrown around)?

I find these lists and rankings as a highschool popularity contest of sorts. Completely irrelevant.