Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It’s going to be Dave Grohl. It should be nobody BUT Dave Grohl..

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Gary Numan would be very fitting, since they are good friends and mutual influences. David Grohl seems like another option, being a household name and having played drums multiple times for him. I would love to see it be Saul Williams but maybe he isn't establishment enough? St. Vincent could be another option since she is well-known and has remarked on Trent's influence on her music.
    One year later and this is still the most likely prediction yet, IMO

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It's definitely gonna be Dave Grohl, but man, do I want it to be St. Vincent!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It's definitely gonna be Dave Grohl, but man, do I want it to be St. Vincent!
    Grohl is hosting the whole ceremony, apparently, but I guess it could be both of them. St. Vincent could also be involved with the Depeche induction, potentially...

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trent should induct Depeche Mode and Dave and Martin should induct NIN. 2 birds. 1 stone. Problem solved.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Haha. It's like the year that R.E.M. and Patti Smith went in. They should have just inducted each other, standards be damned.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Trent should induct Depeche Mode and Dave and Martin should induct NIN. 2 birds. 1 stone. Problem solved.
    I loled at a lack of Fletch.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Who is Gwen there for? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I guess just because they are a guest doesn't mean they are inducting anyone, but still it's got me trying to guess.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Who is Gwen there for? That's what I'm trying to figure out. I guess just because they are a guest doesn't mean they are inducting anyone, but still it's got me trying to guess.
    Irving Azoff is/was her manager (as of 2014), so I'm guessing that's why.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The main thing about this I was looking forward to in the beginning was the band's induction performance. At this point it seems unlikely they'll be featuring even remotely pre-recorded performances by the (living) acts being inducted, which is hugely disappointing for me in its own right, but is anyone else worried that all these guests (at least sixteen for only six acts, three of whom are dead or include a major deceased member as with T. Rex's Bolan) mean they'll be replacing the usual performances by the inducted acts with "tribute" performances of their work by "guests"? It's bad enough that we (likely) won't get a special NIN performance out of this - if the replacement for that is hearing Adam Levine cover Nine Inch Nails, the whole thing will feel like an outright mockery.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It will be Dave Grohl but it should be Hologram David Bowie.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Blackfire View Post
    hearing Adam Levine cover Nine Inch Nails
    Look, it's your own fault that we're all now reminded this exists.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    st Vincent is on the list too and she’s a big fan. Wonder who Chris Martin and Adam Levine are commenting on? Maroon 5 did do a cover of Closer! Another possibility is Luke Bryan, the country musician, wonder if he’s to say something about Hurt? However I could see people who love NIN also loving Depeche so perhaps some will speak about several? (Particularly Dave Grohl)
    I never, ever want to hear Maroon 5 doing Closer.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    At least Maroon 5 version is better than Hole cover

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.rockhallstore.com/dept/c...past-inductees

Annoyingly, they now have "fan packages" for sale that include a bunch of swag (program, coffee mug, shot glass, magnets, notepad etc.). I bought the program and coffee mug a couple weeks ago and paid almost as much as what this package costs lol. Just letting anyone know that's on the fence about buying the tour program.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    https://www.rockhallstore.com/dept/c...past-inductees

Annoyingly, they now have "fan packages" for sale that include a bunch of swag (program, coffee mug, shot glass, magnets, notepad etc.). I bought the program and coffee mug a couple weeks ago and paid almost as much as what this package costs lol. Just letting anyone know that's on the fence about buying the tour program.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I’d like to buy something from the RRHOF for this event, but most those designs were clearly done by a boomer who has their graphic design business located in Flavortown or Margaritaville or something. I’m not a fan of the flames/guitar with wings aesthetic. I get that it’s just the HOF’s branding, but I wouldn’t wear or display any of it so it seems pointless to buy it.

I’m not sure what they are allowed to do given the RRHOF rules and all that, but maybe the NIN site will end up selling merch related to the induction somehow? I’d rather get something Kraw put together, but that may be against HOF rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The only thing that interest me is the program. Probably has nothing that we don't know already but it's a nice piece of history to own.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    The only thing that interest me is the program. Probably has nothing that we don't know already but it's a nice piece of history to own.
    Same. Not going to lie, I hope nin puts something in their store to commemorate this event. The merch is dreadful there. But it's COVID in a nutshell (coffee from 5am-noon, adult beverages from 12:01pm-xx)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Same. Not going to lie, I hope nin puts something in their store to commemorate this event. The merch is dreadful there. But it's COVID in a nutshell (coffee from 5am-noon, adult beverages from 12:01pm-xx)
    Have other bands in the past put out their own merch?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    No idea how I’m going to watch this. The UK is outside HBOs service area. I got a Now pass to watch Watchmen but I’m not sure something as random as this will be on Sky Atlantic. Although you would think Depeche Mode were a popular enough British band to get them to add it

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Have other bands in the past put out their own merch?
    I don't think so. It's just wishful thinking. Maybe a retro shirt to commemorate it or something? 'Hate 2020?' lol

PS - What was that not a pandemic shirt? Damn.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    taken from the RnRHoF website:

"Dave Grohl kicks off the show with a heartfelt introduction to this year’s class of inductees, and the special guests will speak further on how the 2020 Inductees impacted their personal and professional careers."

So it will be no one and everyone at the same time.
    Last edited by alfonso99; 10-19-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I want this to be cool, but I'm just not feeling any cool vibes. Maybe NIN.com will drop some sort of surprise after the induction ceremony?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    So it will be no one and everyone at the same time.
    That's deep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I want this to be cool, but I'm just not feeling any cool vibes. Maybe NIN.com will drop some sort of surprise after the induction ceremony?

I guess they originally planned to announce the tour after the ceremony in May.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Uh, what are those content warnings about then...?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Uh, what are those content warnings about then...?
    Simply showing various footage from NIN videos alone would take care of all those warnings, not to mention whatever some of the other inductees might have.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Annie Clark needs to induct him. Dave Grohl is a nice guy or whatever, but hes irrelevant. Foo Fighters are bleh.

St Vincent is current and fresh and forging new paths. Shes more of a current TR than grohl will ever be.