Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Who we kidding man. This ceremony will be cancelled just like everything else. 0% chance this show goes down

Their whole "going proceeded as planned" is bullshit.....Miami Tennis tournament said the same thing 2 days ago and they just cancelled the event this morning. MLB said that and now they are already debating delaying the season....2020 is basically cancelled in general
    You’re a beacon of positivity!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    IDK I mean, quite a few universities are only extending spring break through early April.
    Most that I’ve seen are telling students to expect remote learning after spring break. I don’t get the sense this a one-month ordeal.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    You’re a beacon of positivity!
    The NBA just canned the rest of the 2019-2020 basketball season. It's neither positive or negative... it's real.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    The NBA just canned the rest of the 2019-2020 basketball season. It's neither positive or negative... it's real.
    Oh I’m worried as fuck to quote the chief
    Last edited by tricil; 03-12-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sorry to everyone who was going but it has been postponed. Hope you can make the rescheduled one
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...avirus-966259/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Who we kidding man. This ceremony will be cancelled just like everything else. 0% chance this show goes down

Their whole "going proceeded as planned" is bullshit.....Miami Tennis tournament said the same thing 2 days ago and they just cancelled the event this morning. MLB said that and now they are already debating delaying the season....2020 is basically cancelled in general
    I believe I can see the future...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Welp. Glad I didn't pull the trigger for tickets on this one. I got burned by airlines after The Rolling Stones changed their dates last year.

No Depeche Mode reunion with Alan just yet then.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    Welp. Glad I didn't pull the trigger for tickets on this one. I got burned by airlines after The Rolling Stones changed their dates last year.

No Depeche Mode reunion with Alan just yet then.
    There will be an official announcement in a few days regarding this year's Stones tour. It's going to at least be postponed, if not cancelled entirely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    There will be an official announcement in a few days regarding this year's Stones tour. It's going to at least be postponed, if not cancelled entirely.
    I know, I have been following it on IORR. Didn't get tickets this year because the setlist will be exactly the same. I'm sort of bored of them now.

I hope all you guys who had tickets for this don't lose much or any money...
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 03-12-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_is_dead View Post
    I know, I have been following it on IORR. Didn't get tickets this year because the setlist will be exactly the same. I'm sort of bored of them now.

I hope all you guys who had tickets for this don't lose much or any money...
    BV on IORR has been doing a fantastic job with good information about the virus. He's a good guy. I wasn't going to go this year as Vancouver is closest. It would be a total pain in the ass for me getting across the border both ways. I'm not well & have to take some meds that would cause a fuss. I saw a great show in Seattle last year & don't think they would top that especially second show of the tour. I've seen them over 20 times & am good with leaving at last year's show. They charge insane amounts of money, too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You all may have discussed it already, but I've been absent from the board for like a year. Who do you think will induct NIN? Since Bowie isn't around the only person I thought of was Gary Numan. It would be funny if Trent got Robert Smith to do it, you know repaying the favor of him inducting them last year.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The question now is if they'll even have it at all this year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaydraven View Post
    You all may have discussed it already, but I've been absent from the board for like a year. Who do you think will induct NIN? Since Bowie isn't around the only person I thought of was Gary Numan. It would be funny if Trent got Robert Smith to do it, you know repaying the favor of him inducting them last year.
    I think it might be Dave Grohl? From watching the Cure induction, Robert Smith seemed to find a lot of it embarrassing, he cut his own speech a bit short to play the music. I just don’t see him a a speech guy!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    but I've been absent from the board for like a year.
    What the fuck were you doing that you couldn't be here for a year? What gives you the right? You think you're better than us?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Here are some of my hopes in ascending order:

Steve Gottlieb
    Marilyn Manson
    Richard Patrick
    George W Bush
    John A Malm Jr
    Quantum550
    Meathead
    Josh Wink
    Last edited by katara; 04-23-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Quantum550
    fuckin' guffawing over here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    What the fuck were you doing that you couldn't be here for a year? What gives you the right? You think you're better than us?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post

Steve Gottlieb
    Marilyn Manson
    Robert Patrick
    George W Bush
    John A Malm Jr
    Quantum550
    Meathead
    Josh Wink
    As much as I would like to see Manson do it, I don't really see it happening.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    As much as I would like to see Manson do it, I don't really see it happening.
    What are you talking about? Everyone on that list is equally likely to jump at the opportunity! The only hurdle would be deciding which one of these guys to pick. They're all such great choices.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Manson. No. I would be gutted if he was the pick. I'm sorry. No, I'm not. That would be the worst.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What are you talking about? Everyone on that list is equally likely to jump at the opportunity! The only hurdle would be deciding which one of these guys to pick. They're all such great choices.
    pssst i think you me and katara are the only ones understanding the sarcasm here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    pssst i think you me and katara are the only ones understanding the sarcasm here
    Revisiting the post, I see it now! Chalk it up to reading it too fast >_< Clearly, they're all amazing choices.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    It’s going to be either Dave Grohl or Robert Smith. They would never agree to Al Jourgensen with his pin-cushion of a face or risk Manson showing up coked out of his skull falling off the stage. Richard Patrick is too busy having his life ruined by politics on Facebook and nobody has any idea who he is outside of the dedicated fanbase anyway. William Patrick Corgan’s ego would never allow him to induct someone in the HOF before he himself got there. Plus he’s still sore with Trent about that Stigmata business 20 years ago. Axl Rose would show up 3.5 hours late to the induction. Gary Numan will be on his 23rd Patreon vacation of the year. Jimmy Iovine would be too far outside the realm of the scene to make any logical sense, even if he rescued Trent from TVT back in the day..

It’ll be either Dave or Robert. It could only ever be those two now that Bowie is gone..

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I would love for it to be Dave Grohl. I think he has the personality/ presence for it and would do it justice.

Somehow I see Robert Smith just mumbling through it; he can perform on stage, but I can't recall any public speaking he's done that's very convincing.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I would love for it to be Dave Grohl. I think he has the personality/ presence for it and would do it justice.

Somehow I see Robert Smith just mumbling through it; he can perform on stage, but I can't recall any public speaking he's done that's very convincing.
    I have long believed that for people outside of England they need to put subtitles up when Robert speaks. His accent is pretty thick.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Eh, I lived in the UK for over five years. It's not his accent, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Eh, I lived in the UK for over five years. It's not his accent, in my opinion.

Think he enjoys his "herbal remedies" maybe a little too much. Hence the endless delays on the new record.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    It’s going to be either Dave Grohl or Robert Smith. They would never agree to Al Jourgensen with his pin-cushion of a face or risk Manson showing up coked out of his skull falling off the stage. Richard Patrick is too busy having his life ruined by politics on Facebook and nobody has any idea who he is outside of the dedicated fanbase anyway. William Patrick Corgan’s ego would never allow him to induct someone in the HOF before he himself got there. Plus he’s still sore with Trent about that Stigmata business 20 years ago. Axl Rose would show up 3.5 hours late to the induction. Gary Numan will be on his 23rd Patreon vacation of the year. Jimmy Iovine would be too far outside the realm of the scene to make any logical sense, even if he rescued Trent from TVT back in the day..

It’ll be either Dave or Robert. It could only ever be those two now that Bowie is gone..
    Gary Numan would be honoured to do it and he’s an incredibly stand-up guy. I see him as a definite possibility.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I have long believed that for people outside of England they need to put subtitles up when Robert speaks. His accent is pretty thick.
    No way, he’s incredibly articulate*. He just tends to mumble onstage.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ok, he can talk. I still think Dave Grohl or Gary Numan would be far better.