Results 991 to 1,020 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Josh Homme?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    No way, he’s incredibly articulate*. He just tends to mumble onstage.

I just have a hard time time understanding him. I am half deaf in 1 ear though (thank you shingles). Usually i can understand 1 or 2 words out of 3.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Dave Gahan would be great. And with Depeche being inducted the same day, its convenient. As much as I love Robert Smith, I think it would make him very uncomfortable to have to do a speech like that. Manson would be a disaster. Uncle Al would be an even bigger disaster. No idea where this obsession on ETS with having Gary Numan do the induction came from. They wouldn't even allow him in the front door of the Hall of Fame without an ID. Outside of ETS circles, Numan is regarded as another Adam Ant. An old washed up has been who had a few hit songs in 1979 and 1980 and who has spent the last 20 years ripping Trent off to a modicum of success. 0% chance of Numan happening. When ETS holds their own induction ceremony for Trent, you can have Numan emcee it and have his ETS fan club in the front row. Numan ain't happening. Not in a hundred million years. It would be like having Flock of Seagulls induct Trent. Or might as well have his old band mates from Option 30 induct him....Dave Grohl will be the choice. I am CONVINCED. He is friends with Trent. Hes recorded with NIN. He constantly praises Trents ability. Hes a very confident speaker. Hes done it before and the HOF fuckin adores him. I dont even think its an issue. Its gonna be Dave Grohl which is fine by me. I dont care for the Foo Fighters but Dave is a real personable dude. He'll do a bang up job
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 04-26-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    No idea where this obsession on ETS with having Gary Numan do the induction came from. They wouldn't even allow him in the front door of the Hall of Fame without an ID. Outside of ETS circles, Numan is regarded as another Adam Ant. An old washed up has been who had a few hit songs in 1979 and 1980 and who has spent the last 20 years ripping Trent off to a modicum of success. 0% chance of Numan happening. When ETS holds their own induction ceremony for Trent, you can have Numan emcee it and have his ETS fan club in the front row. Numan ain't happening. Not in a hundred million years. It would be like having Flock of Seagulls induct Trent. Or might as well have his old band mates from Option 30 induct him....
    I don't think it's the people suggesting him who're obsessed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl is an interesting choice. I would like to see him or Josh Homme do it, but being a massive Cure fan I'm holding out that Robert will do it (even though I'm sure he won't).

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My votes on Billy Ray Cyrus.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    My votes on Billy Ray Cyrus.
    i'm currently watching Radical Jack (with rifftrax) and WOW is he a bad actor hahaha

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Didn’t Josh Homme kick some photographer woman right in the head at one of his shows not too long ago? No way in hell they’ll ask him to do it..

It’s going to be Dave Grohl. As it should be. He is the only 90s musician still living who comes anywhere close to Trent’s genius. Maybe Trent and Dave and Josh can do another live performance together at the HOF and get more than a minute of airtime before they cut the broadcast off like last time..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm not sure why but I didn't think about Dave at first, but he makes a lot of sense. I always forget that he and Trent worked together, so it would be cool for him to do the honors.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Didn’t Josh Homme kick some photographer woman right in the head at one of his shows not too long ago? No way in hell they’ll ask him to do it..

It’s going to be Dave Grohl. As it should be. He is the only 90s musician still living who comes anywhere close to Trent’s genius. Maybe Trent and Dave and Josh can do another live performance together at the HOF and get more than a minute of airtime before they cut the broadcast off like last time..
    I had no idea that happened.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/josh-homme-truly-sorry-for-kicking-photographer-onstage-204961/amp/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Very left field choice, Scarlett Johansson
    https://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/scarlett-johansson/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ok, he can talk. I still think Dave Grohl or Gary Numan would be far better.
    Gary could also speak for Depeche Mode though. He says that Songs of Faith and Devotion saved his life and musical career.

Edit: And I actually think that it would be cool for Gary to talk about SOFAD, especially if Alan is there.
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 04-29-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Very left field choice, Scarlett Johansson
    https://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/scarlett-johansson/
    She understands Trent better than most with these answers about him. Certainly more than the journalist does.

But has the Rock n Roll hall of fame ever used a non-rocker to induct? Thought it was more of a “by us, for us” kind of thing.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    She understands Trent better than most with these answers about him. Certainly more than the journalist does.

But has the Rock n Roll hall of fame ever used a non-rocker to induct? Thought it was more of a “by us, for us” kind of thing.
    copypasta for anyone not clicking on the link:

Scarlett Johansson: Something you don’t know about me I guess would be, I’ll give you my biggest celebrity crush. That would probably be Trent Reznor.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: The guy behind the band Nine Inch Nails which made dark, kind of industrial kind of music?
    Scarlett Johansson: That would be my, like, meet him and faint, I think.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: And why Trent? From Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland to Nine Inch Nails.
    Scarlett Johansson: Yes. I think that there’s a, there’s definitely a through-line with Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, and Nine Inch Nails, and I’m going to leave it up to your listeners to find it, because I know it’s there.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Well my mind immediately goes to that Nine Inch Nails song “Head Like Hole” which has that quote “I’d rather die than give you control,” maybe control is the link, you know? Frank Sinatra, controlling. Although Judy Garland I don’t know how in control she was.
    Scarlett Johansson: See, I was going to go much more with like a sort of fragility and this kind of broken sadness, so maybe what I would see is a sort of a, like a reluctant star or something like that.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Performing despite some anxiety or insecurity?
    Scarlett Johansson: There’s something about the bleeding soul that comes through maybe all of those vocalists, sort of this reluctance to do and then you do because you have to because it’s what you’re good at and what feels good but it hurts at the same time. I don’t know. Maybe all great performers are like that anyway.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    Howard Stern inducted Bon Jovi, David Letterman inducted Pearl Jam, Chris Rock inducted the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tom Hanks inducted the Dave Clark Five.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    howard stern inducted bon jovi, david letterman inducted pearl jam, chris rock inducted the red hot chili peppers and tom hanks inducted the dave clark five.
    til.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I now want Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden to induct NIN.

Will settle for Brad Pitt as Anthony Fauci.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Roger Waters.

"My apologies, I'm still not familiar with your work."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If we're talking non-musicians, then I'd venture David Fincher shoots right near the top of the list. Still under Dave Grohl, but def. under consideration by the powers that be.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 05-04-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wonder what'll happen if this gets postponed into next year. Maybe they can go on with the 2021 class and make a weekend out of the whole thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has there been any update regarding the Rock Hall of Fame induction?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmilani View Post
    Has there been any update regarding the Rock Hall of Fame induction?
    it's been postponed to November, maybe.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    copypasta for anyone not clicking on the link:
    Scarlett Johansson: Something you don’t know about me I guess would be, I’ll give you my biggest celebrity crush. That would probably be Trent Reznor.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: The guy behind the band Nine Inch Nails which made dark, kind of industrial kind of music?
    Scarlett Johansson: That would be my, like, meet him and faint, I think.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: And why Trent? From Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland to Nine Inch Nails.
    Scarlett Johansson: Yes. I think that there’s a, there’s definitely a through-line with Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, and Nine Inch Nails, and I’m going to leave it up to your listeners to find it, because I know it’s there.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Well my mind immediately goes to that Nine Inch Nails song “Head Like Hole” which has that quote “I’d rather die than give you control,” maybe control is the link, you know? Frank Sinatra, controlling. Although Judy Garland I don’t know how in control she was.
    Scarlett Johansson: See, I was going to go much more with like a sort of fragility and this kind of broken sadness, so maybe what I would see is a sort of a, like a reluctant star or something like that.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Performing despite some anxiety or insecurity?
    Scarlett Johansson: There’s something about the bleeding soul that comes through maybe all of those vocalists, sort of this reluctance to do and then you do because you have to because it’s what you’re good at and what feels good but it hurts at the same time. I don’t know. Maybe all great performers are like that anyway.
    Okay she's my new pick

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    no live induction. fuck you 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan spoke of being bummed at not attending this, it made me pleased that he had been invited because I’ve been schooled to think, almost, when someone leaves it’s always in acrimony and drama, so I’m glad that isn’t the case

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I had tickets and now had to cancel my airfare and hotel for a second time. It is freaking ridiculous to cancel an event that is FOUR months from now. I am beyond angry.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    It is freaking ridiculous to cancel an event that is FOUR months from now. I am beyond angry.
    I'd be steamed, also, were I in your situation. But this is not a ridiculous response given the severity of what we're looking at. There were almost a thousand new cases reported just yesterday in Ohio.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I'd be steamed, also, were I in your situation. But this is not a ridiculous response given the severity of what we're looking at. There were almost a thousand new cases reported just yesterday in Ohio.
    Yes , yesterday in July. There was no need to cancel yet. NONE. And streaming is not like being there.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It is freaking ridiculous to cancel an event that is FOUR months from now.
    I mean, not really. It's four months on from when this started, we reopened, and we're in a worse position now than we were then. What could change between now and November that would make this safe? Nothing, except a vaccine, really, and a vaccine won't be ready by then. They're just acknowledging the stark reality now, instead of ostriching until the last moment.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    There was no need to cancel yet.
    Well, there was a good reason to, even if you don't consider it a "need"... they were continuing to plan for a live event that wouldn't happen if the trend line stays the way it has been. Back in March, the hope was that this crisis would peak in April. It still hasn't peaked and cases continue to rise.