Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I was going to ask what the accident was that is preventing him from playing live. It wasn't anything to do with NIN because he was a live member of Marilyn Manson from 2004 – 2005.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I was going to ask what the accident was that is preventing him from playing live. It wasn't anything to do with NIN because he was a live member of Marilyn Manson from 2004 – 2005.
    He tore his rotator cuff twice:

https://www.al.com/life-and-culture/...s-marilyn.html

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wonder how common that injury is among drummers. I've heard that on top of being very painful, recovering from it can be a slow, annoying process.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    The Anchor said Nine Inch Nails this time! 2 years ago this same station did a story on Vrenna and that same anchor said "The Nine Inch Nails." You could tell that he recognized his mistake as soon as he said it. I wonder if anyone has told him that he was accidentally playing along with an in-joke.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Oh my god, he’s completely grey now?! This is the first I’ve seen of him in a while.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    FYI the HoF is selling the program guide for the ceremony and it has NIN content. You can look at it/read it via the pictures a person named "Justsomegirl0153" kindly posted on reddit.

Pages post 01
    Pages post 02
    Pages post 03

It's $26 USD in the store and they have some other merch. I bought one and it's pretty high quality if I do say so and quite heavy.

I am not a shill for HoF, just inane. Thanks to @REPLICA for the Instagram post about the magnet as to why I also bought it...haha!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So they just skip right from Downward Spiral to Bad Witch in that write up then huh? That's 24 years they leave out, save for the soundtracks, I'm Afraid of Americans and the inevitable Cash reference.
    ...sigh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    So they just skip right from Downward Spiral to Bad Witch in that write up then huh? That's 24 years they leave out, save for the soundtracks, I'm Afraid of Americans and the inevitable Cash reference.
    ...sigh.
    Yeah, not even a With Teeth or Year Zero reference?? Those were both pretty big records (for different reasons).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    ^ There's a vague "bite the hand that feeds" reference... and mention of the "steal it" YZ fiasco. Welcome to the inevitable compression of history that comes with a 30+ year career.
    Last edited by botley; 09-23-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^ There's a vague "bite the hand that feeds" reference... and mention of the "steal it" YZ fiasco. Welcome to the inevitable compression of history that comes with a 30+ year career.
    Yeah, sure, I understand that is inevitable, but I am pretty surprised there's no mention of their "comeback" record – the only one to have three #1 singles – or the album that spawned a massive ARG. Both these things are pretty remarkable and note-worthy topics in their career.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I wonder how common that injury is among drummers. I've heard that on top of being very painful, recovering from it can be a slow, annoying process.
    Happened to me in high school. I was in competitive cheer and years of throwing girls into the air over my head and catching them over and over totally fucked me. You can get it from one-off injuries, or from repetitive overuse of shoulders. so I think it's safe to say drummers might be higher risk for it in general.

I'm shocked he managed to keep playing through it enough to have it happen twice because that shit is painful even with treatment. I had to quit tumbling/throwing stunts almost as soon as it set in. They usually just give you steroids to try and reduce the inflammation while you do PT/OT. But if your livelihood depends on you not taking a break to do therapy or get the surgery (like a professional drummer), that kind of just leaves you working when you shouldn't be.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So I was doing some googling and it looks like they didn't announce Trent as the one inducting The Cure until like two weeks before the event. So i'm guessing we will have to wait until October is almost over to find out the news. I'm dying to know for real.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    That steal it video was crazy back in the day when I recorded it and uploaded it to YouTube. It went from like 50 views to 500,000 views overnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Oh boy, Chris is just an awesome human being. I always loved his drumming and the Alice soundtrack was fantastic, all the Tweaker albums were great too. Always felt he never got the aknowledgement he deserved, maybe until now. Happy for this celebration to include him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    sorry if I've missed it within the 40 pages, when is the actual "induction ceremony" ?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    sorry if I've missed it within the 40 pages, when is the actual "induction ceremony" ?
    November 7, 8PM EST.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Vulture wants to match Miley Cyrus with NIN.

ROH guest list info

Does confirm Grohl is *there* too at least.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Vulture wants to match Miley Cyrus with NIN.

ROH guest list info

Does confirm Grohl is *there* too at least.
    st Vincent is on the list too and she’s a big fan. Wonder who Chris Martin and Adam Levine are commenting on? Maroon 5 did do a cover of Closer! Another possibility is Luke Bryan, the country musician, wonder if he’s to say something about Hurt? However I could see people who love NIN also loving Depeche so perhaps some will speak about several? (Particularly Dave Grohl)
    Last edited by WorzelG; 10-08-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by benoďde View Post
    Oh boy, Chris is just an awesome human being. I always loved his drumming and the Alice soundtrack was fantastic, all the Tweaker albums were great too. Always felt he never got the aknowledgement he deserved, maybe until now. Happy for this celebration to include him.
    This song randomly came on yesterday and I remembered how awesome 2AM Wake-Up Call is. So much atmosphere in this song.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There's too many names in the mix, so I don't think this is going to be a traditional X person inducts Y act this year. It'll probably be a mostly (if not entirely) pre-produced program with various people talking and telling stories about the acts getting in, probably/hopefully with performances mixed in.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I would be surprised if Miley inducted NIN. I don't have a problem with her whatsoever, and she did a great job with the Black Mirror re-interpretations. But there's no clear influence of NIN on her music at all, nor does she seem to be seriously devoted to Trent's discography. I could be wrong though, maybe she's a huge fan and I'm just not aware.

My money is on St. Vincent or Dave Grohl. Either one would make a wonderful choice for very different reasons, and both would have something thoughtful and encouraging to say.

St. Vincent is a dyed-in-the-wool fan, it would be fun to hear somebody who is as devoted as we are to NIN geek out in an induction speech.

Dave, on the other hand, came up around the same time as Trent and has worked with him personally. There's also something sort of redemptive (in my mind) about Dave being able to induct a peer who conquered his addictions and moved on to even greater things when SO many of the great artists from their era are no longer alive.

Either one would be wonderful and so I'm crossing my fingers for one (or both) of them.
    Last edited by eachpassingphase; 10-08-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Miley inducting NIN would be the HOFs way of spitting in the face of Trent. That would be like having Cardi B induct NIN. Give me a fucking break. It reminds me of when MTV used to do that lame show Icon and they did one of Metallica and instead of having Metallica's peers celebrate them and do covers, they just invited pop artists to do Metallica covers and they had Avril Lavigne come out and perform "Fuel" in front of Metallica who just sat there trying to pretend to be interested and then they had Snoop mumble his way through a Metallica song that you could tell he just learned 1 hour earlier. It was a total fucking insult. And I really dont think the HOF would stoop so low as to have Miley Cyrus induct NIN....If MTV handled the show, then maybe that would happen. But this will be someone TR approves of. Expect it to be Grohl
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-08-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    What about Scarlett Johansson? She confessed her love for NIN/TR not long ago.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What about Gary Numan or Peter Murphy? Maybe it's been brought up already, but is it out of the question to have someone like David Fincher or David Lynch do it? Looking at the list of previous inductees and who inducted them, it's not always a musician – for example, Pearl Jam was inducted by David Letterman and Bon Jovi was inducted by Howard Stern.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-08-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm thinking Halo18 has the right idea. Each inductee will have a pre-produced package & the guest appearances would offer their celebrity appreciation for an inductee.

Obviously, Springsteen is there to speak about Jon Landau & Irving Azoff.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

adam levine BETTER NOT induct nin. i prefer miley over him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Surely, Sean “Diddy” Combs will speak about that sweet Victory remix nine inch nails did back in the day.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    If Manson has his shit together (which it seems he does based on that new Zane Lowe interview) then he would be a viable choice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    If Manson has his shit together (which it seems he does based on that new Zane Lowe interview) then he would be a viable choice.
    No no no no no no no. That would be so backward and just date him to the 90s rather than having women, say, like St Vincent who are current and have been influenced inducting. Personally I’d go for someone in the film world to emphasise range of influence

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    While he does seem to be soberish the man can barely talk anymore. That would be a super sad induction IMO.