Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    It doesn't matter what the fans think. It doesn't matter what the HOF thinks. It doesn't even matter what Ilan thinks. In the grand scheme of things, all that matters is what Trent thinks since he (and ONLY he) is the one being inducted. And if Trent thinks Ilan should be performing with NIN that night to celebrate his big night......Then Ilan should be performing with NIN that night. The end....And if Trent is cool with Ilan not being there, then he doesn't need to be there.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I'd rather Freese be there anyways.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    It doesn't matter what the fans think. It doesn't matter what the HOF thinks. It doesn't even matter what Ilan thinks. In the grand scheme of things, all that matters is what Trent thinks since he (and ONLY he) is the one being inducted. And if Trent thinks Ilan should be performing with NIN that night to celebrate his big night......Then Ilan should be performing with NIN that night. The end....And if Trent is cool with Ilan not being there, then he doesn't need to be there.
    Trent said the last lineup was what he considered to be the definitive lineup, so you would think that Trent would want Ilan to be there.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    ...so you would think that Trent would want Ilan to be there.
    Trent also understands festival contracts and would surely understand if Ilan is obligated to prior commitments.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Trent also understands festival contracts and would surely understand if Ilan is obligated to prior commitments.
    Oh yeah. He's a professional and probably would understand. I was just pointing out that Ilan is most likely Trent's top choice.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    It doesn't matter what the fans think.
    Now you're getting it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Found a random comment from C.C. from about a year ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie
    I guess the chances of me re-joining NIN are probably pretty slim at this point - although I hope if the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame inducts NIN that TR will rally all of the ex-members for one last curtain call. That would be fun. Cheesy, but fun.
    Source here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...lie_clouser_a/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

So this rules out Josh Freese with NIN (drums for Devo) and chances of Numan or Peter Murphy on induction duties

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Damn. If I can't get into the HOF concert, this seems like a solid backup.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Josh isn't playing with Devo this time. I think he mentioned it on instagram a while ago. He has a Sting tour though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    yeah, Josh has been out for a while. Looks like it's either Grohl (or, I was joking earlier but maybe Chris Vrenna or even Jerome for a special one-off) or maybe just a drums-free performance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Chris Vrenna would be really poetic for sure.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'd also love it to be Chris. I'd say it's only fitting.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it's possible it could be Chris. Pearl Jam did a song or two IIRC with their original studio drummer from Ten.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Honestly, will anyone care if Trent shows up alone or with Atticus and play Year Zero stuff, and/or some tracks with a drum machine (Echoplex, Only, etc)?
    I certainly won't mind. It'll just be the first live performance by the studio version of NIN.
    I think that would be fucking GREAT.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that'd be awesome.
    (when I said "what if it's Miley Cyrus."

I'm not overly familiar with her music. I'm assuming you are.
    I wouldn't mind her doing the induction if she was INFLUENCED by NIN.

When it comes to pop stars, I'd LOVE to see Finneas and Billie Eilish induct. Trouble is, although I'm certain that the former is VeRY familiar with NIN, I'm afraid the face/vocalist of their little duo, is NOT.

Although, I DO catch TDS vibes on her record. I mean, it starts out with "the bad guy," then, is followed up by sugary sweet songs, and the themes seem to spiral down into suicide.

my money is still on Saul.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    First set of Foo tour dates announced with more coming. Induction weekend still wide open with the band in-around the midwest at the beginning of May.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    First set of Foo tour dates announced with more coming. Induction weekend still wide open with the band in-around the midwest at the beginning of May.
    That is a huge gap in the tour. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s drumming and doing the inducting.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    it's possible it could be Chris. Pearl Jam did a song or two IIRC with their original studio drummer from Ten.
    Dave Krusen was actually one of the PJ members who got inducted though (which is debatable if he deserved it over Dave Abbruzzese but that's a whole other can of worms). This is a totally different scenario though, with Trent being the only inducted person. I think if this was even 5 years ago Trent may have been rather snarky about this, but nowadays he seems humbled and perhaps hopefully allowing the door to be opened for previous band members to participate. But this is the Rock Hall, and there's politics and publicity at play. I'm sure they'd rather have Grohl up there than someone only mostly NIN fans would lose their shit over.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    anyone else sign up to become a member in hopes of getting tickets? I got my membership package yesterday....

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That logo reminds me of Guitar Hero.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Does anyone know when public tickets go on sale I want to try for a ticket and make a trip to see the induction!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    Does anyone know when public tickets go on sale I want to try for a ticket and make a trip to see the induction!!!
    The 35th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will take place on Saturday, May 2, 2020 at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio. The Ceremony will be broadcast live for the first time on HBO on May 2nd at 8 p.m. ET. Performances and special guests and Induction Week programs will be announced later.

Tickets go on sale to Rock Hall members on February 25th and to the public on February 27th at 10 a.m. ET at ticketmaster.com.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The event details are finally up on ticketmaster:

https://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1957139

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Do we know ticket prices yet?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Do we know ticket prices yet?
    The member presale email stated prices *start* at $100. :-)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    And most importantly, presale is limited to 2 tickets per access code (so per membership)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So, we're all ready for tomorrow, right? Check your emails (if you're a HoF member) for the link and presale code, and double check your payment option on ticketmaster... I had an expired card on file, and would've been VERY grumpy if I didn't catch it beforehand

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    So, we're all ready for tomorrow, right? Check your emails (if you're a HoF member) for the link and presale code, and double check your payment option on ticketmaster... I had an expired card on file, and would've been VERY grumpy if I didn't catch it beforehand
    I signed up as a member on 1/30, I've checked my emails, but nothing with a presale code. Can you provide the from address on the email you received?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I signed up as a member on 1/30, I've checked my emails, but nothing with a presale code. Can you provide the from address on the email you received?
    membership@rockhall.org

I received mine on Friday the 21st if that helps!