Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    You should be able to save this clip:
    https://www.rockhall.com/sites/defau...ch%20Nails.mp4

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This shit fucking sucks. Of course this is the year NIN gets in.

There's no way they come back to this class next year, either. Completely shafted.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Depeche also. I wanted a reunion with Alan.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hi. I'm sad. It's really starting to hit that there will be no live induction ceremony for NIN. I wonder how TR feels about it. So anyways, to watch the induction broadcast you have to have HBO or HBO max subscription? Is that correct?

ETA: The radio simulcast can be heard on SiriusXM at 8 p.m. ET on Nov. 7 on Classic Vinyl (channel 26), VOLUME (channel 106), and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio (channel 310) and online with the SiriusXM app.
    Last edited by sticksandhair; 10-27-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    CAVEAT EMPTOR!

The HOF page was updated to include the band's autographs. If for some reason you're looking to purchase an autograph, please research the seller and don't rely on a "Certificate of Authenticity."

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    CAVEAT EMPTOR!

The HOF page was updated to include the band's autographs. If for some reason you're looking to purchase an autograph, please research the seller and don't rely on a "Certificate of Authenticity."
    can you link us up to where you see this? I have combed the website and can't find anything about this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    can you link us up to where you see this? I have combed the website and can't find anything about this.
    https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/nine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I mis-understood his post. I thought they had autographs up for sale on the site hahahaha... #duh
    Quietly move along friends, nothing to see here.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/ninofficial...58720071191221

Nine Inch Nails in Conversation
    November 6th at 11am PST

Join Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees Alessandro Cortini, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Ilan Rubin and Chris Vrenna from Nine Inch Nails in a live conversation. Hosted by journalist and director David Farrier, the band members will share stories and reminisce on over 30 years of NIN.
    The live stream will be available to everyone via Nine Inch Nails Twitter, Youtube and Facebook pages.
    HBO will broadcast the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2020 induction ceremony on Nov. 7 at 8pm EST/PT, honoring inductees Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode and more. Tune in on HBO or stream on HBO Max & SiriusXM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Richard Patrick is 100% going to hijack the stream Lube Man style.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I mis-understood his post. I thought they had autographs up for sale on the site hahahaha... #duh
    Quietly move along friends, nothing to see here.
    You're not the only one. I went straight to the R&R HOF store after reading that post!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Richard Patrick is 100% going to hijack the stream Lube Man style.
    HEY GUYS did you know I was in Nine Inch Nails early on an Trent's still a big buddy of mine and then I wrote Hey Man Nice Shot and went to do my own thing know what i'm saying?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I hope someone is planning to record the stream of this conversation event.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    You're not the only one. I went straight to the R&R HOF store after reading that post!
    Apologies for my sleep-deprived musings!

Meant to suggest jerks will take the online signatures and manipulate something cheap to pass that item off as legitimate autographed collectible. For example, someone could print this out and say it's an autographed CD.

Anyhow, doesn't YouTube save livestreams to replay or is that something the owner of the stream does?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Apologies for my sleep-deprived musings!

Meant to suggest jerks will take the online signatures and manipulate something cheap to pass that item off as legitimate autographed collectible. For example, someone could print this out and say it's an autographed CD.
    Especially since they're using SVG files (scalable vector graphics) for those sigs. Some asshat could blow them up as big as they want and sell "signed" posters or vinyl. Anyone with a passing understanding of graphic design could tell, but it could fool many people.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Wonder if the US presidency will have been called before this meeting!

also I hope David Farrier is good at getting people to speak otherwise Robin Finck won’t be saying much!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Especially since they're using SVG files (scalable vector graphics) for those sigs. Some asshat could blow them up as big as they want and sell "signed" posters or vinyl. Anyone with a passing understanding of graphic design could tell, but it could fool many people.
    I really don't know why anyone would pay extra for something "signed" but that's just me. I was lucky enough to get Trent to sign my concert ticket stub for a show in 2005 but I'd never sell it and not sure if anyone would even want it lol. I have several Tori Amos signatures, but most are personalized and they all mean something to me. Paying for an autograph without a context or story/experience attached to it just seems insincere and pointless. But if people want to buy such things on eBay or whatever, they should certainly be aware of the risk. That goes for anything, really.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I really don't know why anyone would pay extra for something "signed" but that's just me. I was lucky enough to get Trent to sign my concert ticket stub for a show in 2005 but I'd never sell it and not sure if anyone would even want it lol. I have several Tori Amos signatures, but most are personalized and they all mean something to me. Paying for an autograph without a context or story/experience attached to it just seems insincere and pointless. But if people want to buy such things on eBay or whatever, they should certainly be aware of the risk. That goes for anything, really.
    We all bought the signed Ghosts Super Duper Deluxe Package that was signed by Trent. lol. But I agree, anything they sell through official NIN channels that is autographed I would buy. I don't particularly care to go out to eBay and purchased autographed memorabilia. Like you said, there is no meaning behind it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The ONLY autograph I have is the Bad Witch postcard that came if you bought (the vinyl?) from some australian company that had a promotion going. I would never buy a copy of something BECAUSE it was signed, I want something signed because I met him and had him sign it for ME.

Also I love that Robin's is just right over the graphic on the cover lol.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm not averse to signed stuff, so long as: it's a record sleeve in nice condition, for a release that I'm especially fond of, and - and this is important! - the signatories are actually associated with the release (e.g., I wouldn't be interested in any pre-WT era release that had been signed by the entire WT-era touring band - seen quite a few of those!). Plus, if I actually had the chance to meet TR, I think I'd be too embarrassed to ask him to sign anything! Well... maybe this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Wonder if the US presidency will have been called before this meeting!

also I hope David Farrier is good at getting people to speak otherwise Robin Finck won’t be saying much!
    I think David Farrier is good at putting people at ease and disarming them, he is a interesting and intelligent journalist and also a NIN fan.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_Munn View Post
    I think David Farrier is good at putting people at ease and disarming them, he is a interesting and intelligent journalist and also a NIN fan.
    oh good. maybe johnny cash won’t come up then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Do these live streams get saved to watch later? I’m working at 2pm so I can’t watch it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprekon666 View Post
    Do these live streams get saved to watch later? I’m working at 2pm so I can’t watch it.
    YouTube gives the option to allow streams to be watched later, but it's up to the streamer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here's a review of the Rock Hall program that mentions NIN:
    https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...cks-magic.html

Sounds like Iggy Pop inducts NIN. Here are screen shots in case anyone can't access the story:

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    That sounds really interesting.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Like the choice of Iggy Pop to induct NIN. A few reasons: 1. both are revolutionary innovators from the midwest. 2. the Bowie connection. It's kind of like a passing of the torch. I would love to hear anything that Trent & Iggy could cook up together!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I would have never thought of Iggy Pop, but it makes a ton of sense and is very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Clever move to disguise Iggy on the initial poster under 'and more' umbrella

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    “The Rock Hall Figured 2020 Induction Performances Would Be Too ‘Boring,’ So There Aren’t Any”

Well, that sucks.

https://www.vulture.com/amp/2020/11/...formances.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk