Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Hans Zimmer is like, a house-hold name. Like, I think you could ask random people at a party if they know who Hans Zimmer is and get mostly yeses.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    If non-musicians have done the inductions, then maybe David Lynch?
    He’s also a musician. Has at least two albums out.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Oh man! David Lynch would prolly be great!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Looks like Dave Matthews fans have been hammering the site; somehow they've shot well past Pat Benatar now to take the lead.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I think Robert Smith would be the best choice. Al Jorgenson would certainly be interesting though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Looks like Dave Matthews fans have been hammering the site; somehow they've shot well past Pat Benatar now to take the lead.
    i hope a tour bus dumps shit on them

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This makes me think that it is bollocks to say the top of the fan vote will automatically get in - if they get in first time nominated it will be a farce of the highest order. I thought Green Day was bad enough but they have international appeal and influence unlike Dave Matthews Band

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hello. If NIN get inducted this year, do you think TR will have some kind of NIN fan pre-sale for induction ceremony tickets? It's difficult to get induction ceremony tickets, just wondering if a fan pre-sale will be an option to try. Metallica had a fan club pre-sale for tickets when they were inducted, so it's possible. Thoughts? TY

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    Hello. If NIN get inducted this year, do you think TR will have some kind of NIN fan pre-sale for induction ceremony tickets? It's difficult to get induction ceremony tickets, just wondering if a fan pre-sale will be an option to try. Metallica had a fan club pre-sale for tickets when they were inducted, so it's possible. Thoughts? TY
    1. NIN getting in this year is up in the air. Possible, yes. Probable? The fan vote and general competition resoundingly says "no". I doubt it, personally.

2. As for tickets, it's the exact same answer as whether they get inducted or not. We just have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    If rumours are true and they get in, its absolute proof that the fan vote is a complete waste of time and counts for next to nothing.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    If rumours are true and they get in, its absolute proof that the fan vote is a complete waste of time and counts for next to nothing.
    Doesn't the fan vote only count for like one actual vote when it comes to selecting the inductees?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Doesn't the fan vote only count for like one actual vote when it comes to selecting the inductees?
    I think they recently upped it to ‘two’ in some sad attempt to drive traffic to their site which has clearly worked in the case of Dave Matthews Band fans! I mean if you let DMB in because of that you may as well let in Insane Clown Posse

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Would the concert this year be at Barclays in Brooklyn or in Cleveland?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Would the concert this year be at Barclays in Brooklyn or in Cleveland?
    The 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will be held at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio on May 2, 2020 and will be preceded by Induction Week with celebratory events and the opening of the 2020 Inductee exhibit.
    https://www.rockhall.com/class-2020-nominees
    Last edited by cdm; 01-14-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Every nominated artist I've tried brings up the same Access Denied result. Sorry but I think that article's bullshit lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Every nominated artist I've tried brings up the same Access Denied result. Sorry but I think that article's bullshit lol
    Earlier there was a distinctly different 404 message. They've updated the links so all nominee pages show Access Denied.

I'm not saying the article should act as confirmation...just that it was factually correct at the time it was published.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    An hour and 1/2 until Rock Hall announces that NIN are going in this year! Official announcement 8 a.m. I think it's really happening this time and I'm very excited for them!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I need 2 tickets to induction ceremony! Very hard to get. They should be announcing ticket sales in a few days.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Just a press release? No stream or anything, right?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If this does end up being true it's well deserved. I know we are all kinda biased here but Trent (since kicking the habit) and Atticus have been some of the most prolific and consistent artists of the last decade (and most of the previous decade). I think it's safe to say a LOT of people within the industry are massively respectful of what the pair have done and are doing.

...no watch it not happen

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Broadcast on SiriusXM Volume...ch. 106, I believe.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    If this does end up being true it's well deserved. I know we are all kinda biased here but Trent (since kicking the habit) and Atticus have been some of the most prolific and consistent artists of the last decade (and most of the previous decade). I think it's safe to say a LOT of people within the industry are massively respectful of what the pair have done and are doing.

...no watch it not happen
    https://www.rockhall.com/nine-inch-nails

Atticus won't be inducted though. Unless Trent throws a hissy fit about it like Robert Smith did last year when Reeves Gabrels wasn't initially included.

Assuming this is actually happening even.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/nine-inch-nails

It's actually happening! Now, will NIN perform?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    NIN IS IN !!! Congrats !!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, usually the inducted band performs about 3 songs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sticksandhair View Post
    Yes, usually the inducted band performs about 3 songs.
    Last year it was about 4-6 at the actual event; the HBO broadcast trimmed down most sets though. I guess this year it's going to be streamed live though, so no editing. I wonder if that will have an effect on set length (the show last year was about 5 hours long at the event!). There's also a smaller class this year, and two of the inductees are passed away. Unless they have some kind of tribute sets planned, this could mean maybe longer sets from the other acts?

Atlanta's Shaky Knees day by day lineup is being announced tomorrow; Ilan is pulling double duty with Angels & Airwaves and The New Regime May 1-3. Rock hall ceremony is May 2 in Cleveland...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The 35th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, presented by Klipsch Audio, will take place on Saturday, May 2, 2020 at Public Auditorium in Cleveland, Ohio. The Ceremony will be broadcast live for the first time on HBO on May 2nd at 8 p.m. ET. Performances and special guests and Induction Week programs will be announced later.
    Tickets go on sale to Rock Hall members on February 25th and to the public on February 27th at 10 a.m. ET at ticketmaster.com or by calling 800-745-3000.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wow. It's great that they are live broadcasting the ceremony this year!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Congrats to Trent. Definitely well deserved. Hope they get Robert Smith to induct NIN.