Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I think I just had a dream about being in the audience during this. TR was making very close eye contact with the crowd. Then after they finished a song he stops the band, taking a moment to address us, and said "how about this... shut up and dance" and they kicked into kind of a funky hybrid of "8 Ghosts I" and "Ripe".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    The Great Destroyer or gtfo
    Came here to say this. Got no drummer free? Just do full power electronics. Trent, Atticus, Alessandro full-force 20+ mins noise jam. Tear the roof off.
    Not expecting this to happen of course (I know I'll still be buzzing to see this even if it is HHH), but the fact that it does remain a possibility... well, it's a nice thought.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Regarding drummer's schedules - the HOF brings all sorts of people out of the woodwork and for what would be the equivalent of a medley, I imagine many drummers will be available that may or may not have ever played with NIN before if it's needed. Just saying.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Regarding drummer's schedules - the HOF brings all sorts of people out of the woodwork and for what would be the equivalent of a medley, I imagine many drummers will be available that may or may not have ever played with NIN before if it's needed. Just saying.
    It’s gonna be Grohl. Inducting and drumming.

I’d like to nominate @Leviathant to induct tho no one is asking me.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I’d like to nominate @Leviathant to induct tho no one is asking me.
    and I raise you @ninlive

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    and I raise you @ninlive
    I raise you @billpulsipher

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Lets be real here. A HOF induction is more important than a fucking Angels & Airwaves show. Ilan should have his priorities in order. Tell his buddies in Angels & Airwaves that he is busy playing with NIN that night and they can go scramble for a drummer. I am sure the 150 people in the crowd for the Angels & Airwaves concert will understand

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Lets be real here. A HOF induction is more important than a fucking Angels & Airwaves show. Ilan should have his priorities in order. Tell his buddies in Angels & Airwaves that he is busy playing with NIN that night and they can go scramble for a drummer. I am sure the 150 people in the crowd for the Angels & Airwaves concert will understand

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The New Regime is also playing Shaky Knees that weekend.

Ilan is not going to cancel two bands performances at a festival with contracts signed.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Honestly, will anyone care if Trent shows up alone or with Atticus and play Year Zero stuff, and/or some tracks with a drum machine (Echoplex, Only, etc)?
    I certainly won't mind. It'll just be the first live performance by the studio version of NIN.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Ilan is much more than just a drummer. Given that the only official members of NIN at this time are Trent & Atticus you can't blame him if he wants to honor his commitments. He has a whole career to consider, now & in the future.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I really think these songs should be performed.

- Piggy (worth 1,000 words)
    - MOTP (as a FU to the entire system he is being inducted into)
    - Ereaser (irony because he is now permanently entered into the records and this song sounds wicked live)

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Ilan is much more than just a drummer. Given that the only official members of NIN at this time are Trent & Atticus you can't blame him if he wants to honor his commitments. He has a whole career to consider, now & in the future.

A career that was given a huge break when Trent put him in NIN. Not many 20 year old virtually unknown drummers get a gig with one of the biggest bands in the world. If it wasn't for Trent, where is Ilan in 2009? Community college? Drumming for Blink 182 cover bands? Working at Starbucks? Dude should show some gratitude

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    A career that was given a huge break when Trent put him in NIN. Not many 20 year old virtually unknown drummers get a gig with one of the biggest bands in the world. If it wasn't for Trent, where is Ilan in 2009? Community college? Drumming for Blink 182 cover bands? Working at Starbucks? Dude should show some gratitude
    This reminds me that Ilan could have still been with the Lostprophets when all the controversy over their singer being a total peodophile hit, and his career might have really sunk.

But I don’t agree about Ilan though, although I’d love him to turn up and play, Dave Grohl would also be a perfect fit
    Last edited by WorzelG; 01-24-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    What's up with the disrespect? Everyone has help from someone else, including Trent, to break into the industry and get anywhere. And you have to have real talent to stay. No one, literally no one is self-made. Ilan is an amazing musician. Give him his due.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Considering they have no imminent release a The Fragile Deluxe might really make sense this year. You know, to take advantage of the HOF exposure. Just saying.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Seems more likely that owed greatest hits will manifest.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by innerturmoil View Post
    Seems more likely that owed greatest hits will manifest.
    If Ilan's not there, they can't play "The Perfect Drug". Grohl alone won't cut it, I'm afraid, Ilan has owned that song ever since they debuted it live. Even with Josh Freese they couldn't get it right, not before Ilan knocked it out of the goddamn ballpark every time they've played that song.

Sorry for re-posting this compilation video (there is A LOT OF STROBING effects in this one, be forewarned), but... Jesus H. Christ:

Last edited by botley; 01-25-2020 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ilan is awesome, he deserves to do what he wants and not give a shit what anyone else thinks.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Even with Josh Freese they couldn't get it right, not before Ilan knocked it out of the goddamn ballpark every time they've played that song.
    An obligatory correction on TPD: Josh did say that the song isn't really hard to play so it wasn't because of him. They couldn't figure out the right way to play the ending part (after solo).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    What's up with the disrespect? Everyone has help from someone else, including Trent, to break into the industry and get anywhere. And you have to have real talent to stay. No one, literally no one is self-made. Ilan is an amazing musician. Give him his due.
    I think i did?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^ Yeah, I think we're all (except for maybe one person) in agreement that Ilan should be performing with them. If he can't make it on May 2nd, that's too bad, but they can't then just play any NIN song with a fill-in drummer.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    An obligatory correction on TPD: Josh did say that the song isn't really hard to play so it wasn't because of him. They couldn't figure out the right way to play the ending part (after solo).
    Sure, but the part after the solo is when Ilan switches to playing piano, while TR sings (just like he does in "March of the Pigs")... your move, Josh Freese! Look, I'm not saying they didn't originally play it "because of" Josh, but rather that Ilan made the song his own by playing a different drum solo every damn night and then helping them stick the ending with his versatility on keyboards. He also plays 'cello, bass, guitar, and can sing while doing it all, for crying out loud! Deserves props.
    Last edited by botley; 01-26-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The conversation surrounding Ilan playing/not playing is kind of absurd, especially with some people seeing it as a slight against Trent & Atticus if he doesn't. The fact of the matter is...this is his job, and if he has commitments that interfere with playing during the ceremony, that's just the way it is. If he can't do it, it's not him telling Trent & Atticus to piss off or him being ungrateful or whatever other hysterical notions people have about it. And yes, there are other drummers they could use. Josh Freese or Dave Grohl would be fine choices, especially since they know Trent & Atticus and most likely know their material well enough to perform. Ilan would be great, but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't perform. Either way, nothing is set in stone yet, so maybe we should all just wait and see what happens.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i just realized, in a perfect world, Meathead would be the inductor.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Considering they have no imminent release a The Fragile Deluxe might really make sense this year. You know, to take advantage of the HOF exposure. Just saying.
    Fragile CD
    Fragile Vinyl
    Fragile Deviations
    Fragile Deluxe

The damned thing evolves more than a pokemon.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    i just realized, in a perfect world, Meathead would be the inductor.
    Gotta say, anything else would be a disappointment.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Meathead abandoned us. He’s been long gone for awhile. He probably hasn’t even heard the new shit. RIP meathead.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Fragile CD
    Fragile Vinyl
    Fragile Deviations
    Fragile Deluxe

The damned thing evolves more than a pokemon.
    Fragile cassette with exclusive track.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I really want that quote about doing MOTP in a tuxedo to come true. Make the comment he made sound sarcastic but then actually follow through with it. Then break into Wish after throwing his bow tie into the audience.

While Atticus stands there all posh whispering “how uncouth”.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind something considerably more stripped back like the ReAct Now Music & Relief 2005 thing, or Bridge School Benefit performance.