Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34
Results 991 to 1,010 of 1010

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

  1. #991
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Josh Homme?

  2. #992
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    889
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    No way, heís incredibly articulate*. He just tends to mumble onstage.

    *
    I just have a hard time time understanding him. I am half deaf in 1 ear though (thank you shingles). Usually i can understand 1 or 2 words out of 3.

  3. #993
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    869
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Dave Gahan would be great. And with Depeche being inducted the same day, its convenient. As much as I love Robert Smith, I think it would make him very uncomfortable to have to do a speech like that. Manson would be a disaster. Uncle Al would be an even bigger disaster. No idea where this obsession on ETS with having Gary Numan do the induction came from. They wouldn't even allow him in the front door of the Hall of Fame without an ID. Outside of ETS circles, Numan is regarded as another Adam Ant. An old washed up has been who had a few hit songs in 1979 and 1980 and who has spent the last 20 years ripping Trent off to a modicum of success. 0% chance of Numan happening. When ETS holds their own induction ceremony for Trent, you can have Numan emcee it and have his ETS fan club in the front row. Numan ain't happening. Not in a hundred million years. It would be like having Flock of Seagulls induct Trent. Or might as well have his old band mates from Option 30 induct him....Dave Grohl will be the choice. I am CONVINCED. He is friends with Trent. Hes recorded with NIN. He constantly praises Trents ability. Hes a very confident speaker. Hes done it before and the HOF fuckin adores him. I dont even think its an issue. Its gonna be Dave Grohl which is fine by me. I dont care for the Foo Fighters but Dave is a real personable dude. He'll do a bang up job
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell; 04-26-2020 at 04:01 PM.

  4. #994
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,160
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    No idea where this obsession on ETS with having Gary Numan do the induction came from. They wouldn't even allow him in the front door of the Hall of Fame without an ID. Outside of ETS circles, Numan is regarded as another Adam Ant. An old washed up has been who had a few hit songs in 1979 and 1980 and who has spent the last 20 years ripping Trent off to a modicum of success. 0% chance of Numan happening. When ETS holds their own induction ceremony for Trent, you can have Numan emcee it and have his ETS fan club in the front row. Numan ain't happening. Not in a hundred million years. It would be like having Flock of Seagulls induct Trent. Or might as well have his old band mates from Option 30 induct him....
    I don't think it's the people suggesting him who're obsessed.

  5. #995
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dave Grohl is an interesting choice. I would like to see him or Josh Homme do it, but being a massive Cure fan I'm holding out that Robert will do it (even though I'm sure he won't).

  6. #996
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    My votes on Billy Ray Cyrus.

  7. #997
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,192
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    My votes on Billy Ray Cyrus.
    i'm currently watching Radical Jack (with rifftrax) and WOW is he a bad actor hahaha

  8. #998
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A warm place
    Posts
    1,359
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Didnít Josh Homme kick some photographer woman right in the head at one of his shows not too long ago? No way in hell theyíll ask him to do it..

    Itís going to be Dave Grohl. As it should be. He is the only 90s musician still living who comes anywhere close to Trentís genius. Maybe Trent and Dave and Josh can do another live performance together at the HOF and get more than a minute of airtime before they cut the broadcast off like last time..

  9. #999
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    226
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not sure why but I didn't think about Dave at first, but he makes a lot of sense. I always forget that he and Trent worked together, so it would be cool for him to do the honors.

  10. #1000
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Didnít Josh Homme kick some photographer woman right in the head at one of his shows not too long ago? No way in hell theyíll ask him to do it..

    Itís going to be Dave Grohl. As it should be. He is the only 90s musician still living who comes anywhere close to Trentís genius. Maybe Trent and Dave and Josh can do another live performance together at the HOF and get more than a minute of airtime before they cut the broadcast off like last time..
    I had no idea that happened.

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/josh-homme-truly-sorry-for-kicking-photographer-onstage-204961/amp/

  11. #1001
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,485
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Very left field choice, Scarlett Johansson
    https://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/scarlett-johansson/

  12. #1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ok, he can talk. I still think Dave Grohl or Gary Numan would be far better.
    Gary could also speak for Depeche Mode though. He says that Songs of Faith and Devotion saved his life and musical career.

    Edit: And I actually think that it would be cool for Gary to talk about SOFAD, especially if Alan is there.
    Last edited by paul_is_dead; 04-29-2020 at 10:13 AM.

  13. #1003
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Very left field choice, Scarlett Johansson
    https://www.dinnerpartydownload.org/scarlett-johansson/
    She understands Trent better than most with these answers about him. Certainly more than the journalist does.

    But has the Rock n Roll hall of fame ever used a non-rocker to induct? Thought it was more of a ďby us, for usĒ kind of thing.

  14. #1004
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,505
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    She understands Trent better than most with these answers about him. Certainly more than the journalist does.

    But has the Rock n Roll hall of fame ever used a non-rocker to induct? Thought it was more of a ďby us, for usĒ kind of thing.
    copypasta for anyone not clicking on the link:

    Scarlett Johansson: Something you donít know about me I guess would be, Iíll give you my biggest celebrity crush. That would probably be Trent Reznor.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: The guy behind the band Nine Inch Nails which made dark, kind of industrial kind of music?
    Scarlett Johansson: That would be my, like, meet him and faint, I think.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: And why Trent? From Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland to Nine Inch Nails.
    Scarlett Johansson: Yes. I think that thereís a, thereís definitely a through-line with Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, and Nine Inch Nails, and Iím going to leave it up to your listeners to find it, because I know itís there.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Well my mind immediately goes to that Nine Inch Nails song ďHead Like HoleĒ which has that quote ďIíd rather die than give you control,Ē maybe control is the link, you know? Frank Sinatra, controlling. Although Judy Garland I donít know how in control she was.
    Scarlett Johansson: See, I was going to go much more with like a sort of fragility and this kind of broken sadness, so maybe what I would see is a sort of a, like a reluctant star or something like that.
    Brendan Francis Newnam: Performing despite some anxiety or insecurity?
    Scarlett Johansson: Thereís something about the bleeding soul that comes through maybe all of those vocalists, sort of this reluctance to do and then you do because you have to because itís what youíre good at and what feels good but it hurts at the same time. I donít know. Maybe all great performers are like that anyway.

  15. #1005
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,560
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    But has the Rock n Roll hall of fame ever used a non-rocker to induct? Thought it was more of a “by us, for us” kind of thing.
    Howard Stern inducted Bon Jovi, David Letterman inducted Pearl Jam, Chris Rock inducted the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tom Hanks inducted the Dave Clark Five.

  16. #1006
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    howard stern inducted bon jovi, david letterman inducted pearl jam, chris rock inducted the red hot chili peppers and tom hanks inducted the dave clark five.
    til.

  17. #1007
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    466
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I now want Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden to induct NIN.

    Will settle for Brad Pitt as Anthony Fauci.

  18. #1008
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,376
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Roger Waters.

    "My apologies, I'm still not familiar with your work."

  19. #1009
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,079
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    If we're talking non-musicians, then I'd venture David Fincher shoots right near the top of the list. Still under Dave Grohl, but def. under consideration by the powers that be.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 05-04-2020 at 11:19 PM.

  20. #1010
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,560
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I wonder what'll happen if this gets postponed into next year. Maybe they can go on with the 2021 class and make a weekend out of the whole thing.

Posting Permissions