Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I really have a sneaking suspicion Miley is there for NIN which already tells you this will be shitshow. I was looking forward to seeing NIN and Depeche take the stage. Obv thats been wiped the fuck out. Is Trent going to make his acceptance speech from his living room on zoom? If so then thats also going to suck. This ceremony had a chance to be epic but now its going out with a wimper

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I was upset at first, but my new mentality is that bands like NIN and DM are safe from COVID.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    They should have just had the bands stream their sets in isolation. If movies and shows can film, I imagine a band could get together and perform.

Or even better, they simply should have delayed it until next year and have an even bigger induction show. It is better than these half ass events that don't fully celebrate the artists.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-20-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I still maintain that they should have postponed the ceremony to 2021 so that this year's artists can actually be given the kind of celebration they deserve, but instead they're getting the shaft and it'll be a half-assed shadow of the kind of event they typically put on. Of course this HAD to happen the year my favorite band gets inducted...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Look, it's your own fault that we're all now reminded this exists.
    Oh I'm well aware of that horrid cover, unfortunately, which is why I'm worried that he's there for some kind of excruciating NIN "tribute" in place of NIN actually performing. If that's what we have headed our way we'd be lucky to have Miley by comparison, I have a lot more faith in her abilities than Adam fucking Levine. But even the best case scenario of St. Vincent covering Nails feels like a substitute for what should have been Trent and the band's moment to shine. Which, unless Trent and the band performed a secret, private performance they taped for the special, seems out of the question at this point.

I hope I'm wrong, we won't know for sure until the special airs, but it's looking like they got fucked by COVID and the Hall's poor handling of the situation. Trent honoring the induction with some kind of release might be the only chance for something cool to come out of all this. We know they recorded tons of footage throughout the Cold And Black And Infinite Tour - if the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame isn't going to show the world how much ass NIN kicks live, it would be the perfect time to make something of that raw material and show with blistering, punishing clarity how strong and vital they have remained as a musical force.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I was upset at first, but my new mentality is that bands like NIN and DM are safe from COVID.
    Exactly this!

It is what it is unfortunately and I much prefer that everyone stays healthy and avoid putting themselves in positions involving the risk of contracting Covid-19 and spreading it further than just being smart about it.

I'm tired of people thinking that somehow Covid-19 is spontaneously going to disappear as soon as 2021 rolls around. Especially in the U.S.
    Until we have a vaccine that is effective we are going to continue to socially distance and wear masks, shift our lives around it and settle for different avenues of what once was.

That means no concerts, those that have been rebooked for 2021 are most definitely going to be rescheduled again at a later date.
    This is the reality of the world we live in now.
    Postponing the RARHOF for next year makes no sense because it'll be the same situation all over again.

I'll take an intro from one of the MC's with a retrospective video on the career of NIN and a prerecorded performance of a song or two with all the band members recorded at their homes and stitched together.
    Rather than have them risk their lives and the lives of others for a silly notion to appease fans for a "one in a lifetime" thing that no one outside of fandom will give two shits about.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 10-20-2020 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Honestly, the writing is on the wall looking at the airing schedule. In the past, the actual event would be upwards of 5 hours long and then edited down to a 3 hour broadcast. This year is simply a 2-hour show. Assuming they're giving equal time per artist, that's not even 20 minutes each.

Don't get your hopes up that this is going to be anything amazing. Like @sonic_discord said, they're getting the shaft. I doubt there's going to be performances at all.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    In the past, the actual event
    But these are not the actual events, but how we choose to remember them and us.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    But these are not the actual events, but how we choose to remember them and us.

Maybe it’ll be an ARG!?!?!?... o_O

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I still maintain that they should have postponed the ceremony to 2021 so that this year's artists can actually be given the kind of celebration they deserve, but instead they're getting the shaft and it'll be a half-assed shadow of the kind of event they typically put on. Of course this HAD to happen the year my favorite band gets inducted...
    Yeah, we wait 30 years for NIN to get recognized, and they finally do and this is a monumental moment for the NIN community, and of course knowing our luck, the year Trent gets in is the year we have a global pandemic and we don't get our ceremony.

I agree, they should have held off until it was safe to do a mega show.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It's not like it would be hard to make it an induction to remember. Just one word: Meathead

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    It's not like it would be hard to make it an induction to remember. Just one word: Meathead
    If there's one thing he should come back for, if even very briefly, this is clearly it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Well I guess the good news is there probably won't be any cover performances - the bad news being that the final product looks even more bare-bones than that. As I said earlier, unless Trent has some kind of cool surprise planned to mark the occasion, this looks to be a hollow shell of what it should have been for everyone involved. At this stage I suppose it was inevitable, but it's still disappointing. Oh well. I suppose by the time this airs most of us will be too embroiled in election related trauma to really care about anything as frivolous as the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame anyway.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Do you know who the guy is at the beginning of the NIN segment?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    meathead in a mask.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Looks like Jimmy Iovine - Interscope co-founder and general industry legend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It’s gonna be Charlize.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Have they explicitly said they're not going to mulligan the live induction ceremony at some point in the future? I think hosting an event in May 2021 is somewhat unrealistic but I the inductees deserve something more than a couple of recorded hours on HBO. A multi-night festival in 2022(? fuck), maybe a string of Saturdays in a month to not overload the local hotels, etc. Seems like they're really shortchanging the HOF brand by not doing something but ultimately this is just me being selfish because if NIN weren't involved I probably wouldn't care one way or the other.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Have they explicitly said they're not going to mulligan the live induction ceremony at some point in the future? I think hosting an event in May 2021 is somewhat unrealistic but I the inductees deserve something more than a couple of recorded hours on HBO. A multi-night festival in 2022(? fuck), maybe a string of Saturdays in a month to not overload the local hotels, etc. Seems like they're really shortchanging the HOF brand by not doing something but ultimately this is just me being selfish because if NIN weren't involved I probably wouldn't care one way or the other.
    They're planning on 2021 inductees getting a traditional ceremony, in Cleveland next November. If that even happens. I don't think they have any intention on giving this year's class a proper ceremony.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    They're planning on 2021 inductees getting a traditional ceremony, in Cleveland next November. If that even happens. I don't think they have any intention on giving this year's class a proper ceremony.
    Really strange. The events must be a huge cash suck if they have no interest in doing anything live for the 2020 class. They could piggy back multiple years on one production budget...whatever. Like I said, NIN is the only reason I give a shit anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This sounds like it's going to be exactly what I thought it was: a water downed program featuring archival footage and maybe some commentary from people inspired by the inductees.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Did anyone catch the live footage bits in the teaser? The one with the logo looked like Tension, and the other one?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    They should take Depeche and NIN and hold them off for the 2021 show. Let everyone else in the 2020 class get in. I dont think T Rex or Biggie Smalls or Whitney will mind. Give the deceased artists their 2 hour clip show and let Depeche and NIN be part of the real celebration in a year. Otherwise this is going to suck

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Obviously, there was a COVID write off for the original induction ceremony. If we did get a working vaccine in 2021, I'd totally be down for a 20 city DM/NIN residency tour to make up for the lack of a HOF performance.

It will be nice to have a well-produced package celebrating NIN's place in the history of RnR. Fans can save it and TR's bit from "The Defiant Ones" as an extended appendage to Closure.

I will totally punch my balls off, if NIN.com has a surprise to celebrate the induction.

But yeah... I don't have my hopes up for this 2 hour special.
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 10-23-2020 at 12:19 AM. Reason: forgot a “save”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I will totally punch my balls off, if NIN.com has a surprise to celebrate the induction.
    I posted in spotting but probably more appropriate here. Vrenna had an IG live interview today said he was asked to put together a bio and solo pictures performing or other times in life and there would be a HOF page I think on nin.com. He also talked about the HOF roster having a zoom call/ Q&A 11/6 at 11AM Pacific.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I posted in spotting but probably more appropriate here. Vrenna had an IG live interview today said he was asked to put together a bio and solo pictures performing or other times in life and there would be a HOF page I think on nin.com. He also talked about the HOF roster having a zoom call/ Q&A 11/6 at 11AM Pacific.
    Accidental info slips FTW!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    "In honour of our induction into the R'n'R HOF, we are pleased to FINALLY re-present to you the overlooked, blink-and-you-missed-it score for Patriot's Day. "You Snooze You Lose, Lakeshore" Definitive Edition 2XLP pressed on 180 gram vinyl, with digital download randomly inserted in select copies. Mastered in 2016."

Can you imagine waking up on induction day to that news? I am shaking just at the thought of it..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    "In honour of our induction into the R'n'R HOF, we are pleased to FINALLY re-present to you the overlooked, blink-and-you-missed-it score for Patriot's Day. "You Snooze You Lose, Lakeshore" Definitive Edition 2XLP pressed on 180 gram vinyl, with digital download randomly inserted in select copies. Mastered in 2016."

Can you imagine waking up on induction day to that news? I am shaking just at the thought of it..
    I'd go with the unreleased self destruct tour full show, that Vrenna and Lohner were part of...

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Today's Inductee Insights: nine inch nails

https://www.rockhall.com/nine-inch-n...uctee-insights

Yay!! *wavy arms*

Includes a 6min video.