Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenfern View Post
    When you vote and this screen comes up.... just keep hitting the Enter key. Over, and over, and over again. You'll see the % rise.

EVERYONE, DO THIS. NIN's now within 1% point of striking Stevie Ray down. It'll be just like that time Aaron North smashed one of the glass cases at a Hard Rock Cafe and took SRV's guitar onto the stage.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Some comments on the articles I have been reading keep wanting Deep Purple in. Do they really deserve it? I know next to nothing about them, only that they wrote an annoying beginner guitarist song.
    "Smoke on the Water"
    "Hush
    "Woman From Tokyo"
    "Highway Star"

Some of the best Classic Rock songs in the history of Rock n Roll, dude. They certainly deserve it more than fucking James Taylor. Or Donovan for fuck's sake.

Last edited by allegro; 10-10-2014 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    +1 for DP. Would've voted for them had they been on the ballot.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    "Smoke on the Water"
    "Hush
    "Woman From Tokyo"
    "Highway Star"

Some of the best Classic Rock songs in the history of Rock n Roll, dude. They certainly deserve it more than fucking James Taylor. Or Donovan for fuck's sake.

I'll have to check them out before I say they don't deserve it I guess. Not much of a classic rock guy

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Some comments on the articles I have been reading keep wanting Deep Purple in. Do they really deserve it? I know next to nothing about them, only that they wrote an annoying beginner guitarist song.
    As many people can play and know the riff to "Smoke On The Water" than anybody knows the words to the "Happy Birthday" song or the Pledge of Allegiance.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    As many people can play and know the riff to "Smoke On The Water" than anybody knows the words to the "Happy Birthday" song or the Pledge of Allegiance.
    That and In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Or maybe Pictures of Matchstick Men, LOL LOL

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    "Smoke on the Water"
    "Hush
    "Woman From Tokyo"
    "Highway Star"

This is exactly why I'm so fucking angry about this. How in the hell do you overlook Deep Purple in favor of fucking James Taylor for fuck's sake. Chicago isn't even in the Hall of Fame. That's a band that sold a lot of records and still puts asses in the seats! How do you omit fucking Chicago?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Weird, I remember Deep Purple's "Maybe I'm a Leo" playing over the PA before the Soundgarden/NIN show I went to in August.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Surprised no one's mentioned Lou Reed yet.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Loud Reed, yet.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I did,I love the Police and I really loved the Ten Summoners Tales album, and an Englishman in NY is a great song.
    I love The Police too, but they're already in. And I do like a lot of his solo work, but what musical legacy does that alone leave behind?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Surprised no one's mentioned Lou Reed yet.
    Reed definitely deserves to be in the Hall for his solo work. Yet, if he goes in for his solo work. So should the following: Iggy Pop, Nico, Brian Eno, and John Cale regardless if they sold any records.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if there is an induction performance by NIN ....In order to address the line up issues perhaps meathead could come out of retirement and create an "official discipline" like performance.

The lights dim, a screen drops and MAGIC.

Nothing says Rock and Roll Hall of Fame like Jeordie getting a blow job.
    Last edited by wch1208; 10-11-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: memory: mine is shit

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wch1208 View Post
    if there is an induction performance by NIN ....In order to address the line up issues perhaps meathead could come out of retirement and create an "official discipline" like performance.

The lights dim, a screen drops and MAGIC.

Nothing says Rock and Roll Hall of Fame like spinning Jeordie getting a blow job.
    Um, that was Aaron who spins around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Um, that was Aaron who spins around.
    man...you are right.....it has been awhile

better go edit that ......

(ever try and just watch one old Meathead video...........just wanted to refresh my memory and then......................)
    Last edited by wch1208; 10-11-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: nostalgia

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    If you do not think NIN belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, then first of all what the f*ck are you doing on this board but trolling. If you grew up with NIN, from the beginning you know the influence TR had on the music scene. It started before TDS and I do not care who sold the most records or who outdrew who. It is all about the music. I was at Lollapalooza, were you? Did you see the impact? I did.

Does he want to be inducted I don't know and really I don't care. He is one of the most talented musicians of my generation and he deserves to be remembered for all his contributions to music.

There seems to be a lot of bitching and moaning about this group or musician being in or not in the hall. Get over it for the most part the 70's sucked, not all of it but a lot of it. Does The Cure and Depeche Mode deserve to be in the Hall absolutely, I certainly love their music and who knows what the future brings. If you don't know the impact of the Peppers, clearly you were not there. Faith No More was so much better with their original singer but no not Hall of Fame worthy.

As for Nirvana, being an 80's person, they killed the alternative scene and metal scene with one song. As much a I hate to admit, they changed the face of music forever. I am not so sure it was for the better but it is what it is and as much as I loathe them, there is no denying that the Unplugged album is phenomenal.

I can agree with one thing having Al induct NIN would be fitting and probalby one of the most memorable moments and the jam would be unbelievable. Here's hoping on day Ministry makes it in as well.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So if he's not in the Hall of Fame, he won't be "remembered?"

He has Grammies and a fucking Oscar. And he's sold millions and millions of records.

He's said he doesn't even know where his Grammies are.

Are you certain he'd show up for a Hall of Fame performance? That Grammy performance kinda pissed him off. Those same suits are behind the HoF shindig.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-11-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I love The Police too, but they're already in. And I do like a lot of his solo work, but what musical legacy does that alone leave behind?
    He's got that awesome lute record. Only Sting could get a record label to let him release a fucking lute record. (I listen to it while reading Shakespeare, LOL)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    If you don't know the impact of the Peppers, clearly you were not there. Faith No More was so much better with their original singer but no not Hall of Fame worthy. .
    "Faith No More was so much better with their original singer" HUH? Chuck was good and all but Mike Pattons bowel movements have more talent in them than Chuck had in his entire body....Angel Dust and The Real Thing were groundbreaking albums. Chuck was a one trick pony. The fact you think he was better than Mike makes me think you ARE Chuck trolling this board

The Peppers had no impact on anything....They were an underground skatepunk band that had college radio airplay and some street cred (cameos in Thrashin/Less Than Zero), and just when they were starting to earn some indie cred, their guitar player flopped out from an OD, they brought in Johnboy and sold out to MTV and everything they have done post 1991 is right up there with U2 and Metallica as far as being a horror show....the greatest thing RHCP did was take Nirvana and Pearl Jam out on the road together when both bands were starting to break...which of course blew up in their face because those bands blew them off the fucking stage every night

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So if he's not in the Hall of Fame, he won't be "remembered?"

He has Grammies and a fucking Oscar. And he's sold millions and millions of records.

He's said he doesn't even know where his Grammies are.

Are you certain he'd show up for a Hall of Fame performance? That Grammy performance kinda pissed him off. Those same suits are behind the HoF shindig.
    Point taken, remember was the wrong word, honored for all his accomplishments would be a better way to say it. And like I said, I could care less if he wants it or not, even if he did, I am not sure he would publicly say it. Who knows if he would show or not as we have seen over the years he does change his mind. I was merely agreeing that he and Al jamming would be something to see. That's all.

I am not even sure why on a NIN board it is such a freaking debate as to whether he should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I guess it just isn't cool and he would be selling out and blah blah blah. That was so me in the Downward Spiral era. How dare he leave the clubs and go an arena? It was such a music snob point of view, I let that go along time ago. Ten years between records can do that to a fan.

Like it or not Trent Reznor aka NIN belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Yes, billpulsipher, you caught me, I am Chuck from Faith No More. I find nothing ground breaking about those 2 records. I guess it is all a matter of taste.

And I disagree, RCP broke ground in their own way and it had nothing to do with the movies.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Like it or not, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is a fucking lame Hard Rock Cafe Museum.

I watch the performance show to see who's drunk, though.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-11-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    NIN is in the lead now. Not quite sure how I feel about that, but I have a good feeling it'll be neck and neck with SRV. I know that poll means little in the end, but I can assure you whoever wins it will be inducted.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    @Star , I don't think that it is people thinking that Trent doesn't "deserve" to be in. It is people thinking that there are other acts who came before him who should be in first. I don't think that anyone here believes that he shouldn't be in(I might be wrong).

The bigger question I have is if he shows up or not when he gets in - this year, or in the future. Like, that seems to be the wildcard to me.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't really think it matters anymore. I for one would have Trent to tell the Rock Hall to go fuck themselves and not even show up. Besides, I think we NIN fans do deserve a special show that features line-ups from the past but the Rock Hall is the wrong forum to do that. It should be something special where it's just for us. Not a bunch of assholes wearing tuxedos who can pay thousands of dollars for lame dinners that you can get anywhere else for places much cheaper and where the food actually taste good.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    No, there is nobody here who thinks NIN doesn't "deserve" to be in it. There are a lot of people who think the HoF is lame. There's the difference.

Edit: ^ and what he said. The HoF would not let any former members of NIN play, anyway. Hell, they wouldn't let two of the current members of Kiss into the building.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-11-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The big problem is that Halls of Fame are really best left to sports leagues, not artistic endeavors like music.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The big problem is that Halls of Fame are really best left to sports leagues, not artistic endeavors like music.
    Not even.... sports entertainment as the WWE still hasn't inducted Macho Man Randy Savage?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was thinking more like Major League Baseball. When the Big Hurt was inducted, I cried.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-11-2014 at 11:16 PM.