Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53
Results 1,561 to 1,586 of 1586

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

  1. #1561
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    719
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    We need that and another Error release!
    More Error would be great! Only having an EP is such a tease.

  2. #1562
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,505
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Another CoS article:
    Trent Reznor on Approach to Adding Nine Inch Nails Members to Rock Hall Induction: “Make This F**king Happen”

  3. #1563
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    "35 best Rock & Roll Hall of Fame albums of the last 35 years"

    https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...outputType=amp

    PHM at 27 and TDS at 16

  4. #1564
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    2021 Nominees:

    Mary J. Blige
    Kate Bush
    Devo
    Foo Fighters
    The Go-Go's
    Iron Maiden
    Jay-Z
    Chaka Khan
    Carole King
    Fela Kuti
    LL Cool J
    New York Dolls
    Rage Against the Machine
    Todd Rundgren
    Tina Turner
    Dionne Warwick

  5. #1565
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,315
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    of that list, Foo Figthers, Iron Maiden, Jay-Z, Tina Turner would be my guesses who are definite.

  6. #1566
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    872
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    How on earth is Tina Turner not ALREADY in there?

    She 100% deserves that nomination.

  7. #1567
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,505
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    My vote goes to Iron Maiden, Rage Against the Machine, and Tina Turner.

  8. #1568
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    How on earth is Tina Turner not ALREADY in there?

    She 100% deserves that nomination.
    She got inducted in 1991 with Ike... Carole is also in as a songwriter in 1990, but neither are in as solo artists. Really long overdue, yeah.

  9. #1569
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,945
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    It's absolutely wrong that Tina isn't in as a solo artist, the awards and accolades she accrued solo are undeniable. She is THE QUEEN OF ROCK AND ROLL.

    Chaka Khan has been nominated multiple times before (twice solo, four times with Rufus), and passed over each time. Just let her in already!

    I mean, now that our favourite All Male & White Band is in, hopefully no one is opposed to an all-WOC ticket. It's a travesty how under-represented they are in the list of performers, compared to all the 'white guys with guitars' acts.
    Last edited by botley; 02-10-2021 at 10:43 AM.

  10. #1570
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,959
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    My fan ballot will be Tina Turner, Iron Maiden, Carole King, Todd Rundgren and Fela Kuti

  11. #1571
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,991
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I voted Chaka Khan for the last 3 times or so she was in there, would totally vote for Tina Turner as well. I’m not bothering voting though because it’s all bollocks and clearly has no meaning (given the Dave Matthews Band shit, frankly they shouldn’t have been on the ballot as an option at all, no international appeal whatsoever, but they did highlight how meaningless the fan vote is).

    doesnt Dave Grohl have a giant conflict of interest here ?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 02-10-2021 at 11:25 AM.

  12. #1572
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I voted Chaka Khan for the last 3 times or so she was in there, would totally vote for Tina Turner as well. I’m not bothering voting though because it’s all bollocks and clearly has no meaning (given the Dave Matthews Band shit, frankly they shouldn’t have been on the ballot as an option at all, no international appeal whatsoever, but they did highlight how meaningless the fan vote is).

    doesnt Dave Grohl have a giant conflict of interest here ?
    Yup, the fan vote never meant much but it means less and less every year. It only counts for one ballot. Every inducted person gets to vote, in addition to whoever is on the committee. Notwithstanding any deceased artists, there's still a couple dozen more people that got in last year alone. Even all that considered, fan campaigns pushing to get gobs and gobs of votes for a certain artist make the fan vote even less meaningful because it totally skews the results.

    I'm gagged that Kraftwerk aren't nominated again. They could've actually stood a chance this year.

  13. #1573
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,889
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Voted for:
    - Iron Maiden
    - Tina Turner

  14. #1574
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,756
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Devo 100%

  15. #1575
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Belarus
    Posts
    3,728
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Do you think Josh can get in with Devo? Or will it be limited to classic 80s memebers?

  16. #1576
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,959
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I think the Hall is opening up more to inducting people who weren't necessarily the most famous members, or even prolific artistically. When they inducted the Doobie Brothers last year they included guitarist John McFee, who joined the band in 1979, 3 years before the band broke up and on the heels of their biggest selling albums.

    So maybe.

  17. #1577
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Do you think Josh can get in with Devo? Or will it be limited to classic 80s memebers?
    https://www.rockhall.com/2021-nominee-devo

    Nominated members are: Gerard, Mark, Bob, along with deceased members Bob Casale and Alan.

    Cure and NIN have certainly set a precedent for that changing, though.

  18. #1578
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,302
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Kevin Westerberg’s feed just showed up on my IG and he made a few posts celebrating NIN’s HOF induction. I don’t recall seeing them previously, so I’m sharing them here:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHV0THWJTqL


    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRm7Qvpapg

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRZjVMpQ3S

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHYMzUpxfl

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHB6H_iJlBi

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDWWye8J_sD

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDU6rgEJlwg



    @spahn perhaps you can save the text for the catalog’s entries for these promo photos?
    Last edited by FULLMETAL; 03-16-2021 at 11:12 PM. Reason: moar lynx

  19. #1579
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    803
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Kevin Westerberg’s feed just showed up on my IG and he made a few posts celebrating NIN’s HOF induction. I don’t recall seeing them previously, so I’m sharing them here:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHV0THWJTqL


    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRm7Qvpapg

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHRZjVMpQ3S

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHHYMzUpxfl

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHB6H_iJlBi

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDWWye8J_sD

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CDU6rgEJlwg



    @spahn perhaps you can save the text for the catalog’s entries for these promo photos?
    Yes, thank you!

  20. #1580
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    803
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I also wonder who got to pick what photo shoots since Joseph Cultice was doing lots of promo shots around the same time as well.

    He mentions on one of the posts:
    "The one thing I regret most of all is not pushing more to have traveled with them to have shot their massive Woodstock ’94 show. "
    And we know Joseph did the photography for that (Woodstock), so I'd be interested to know the logistics on how all that worked out.

  21. #1581
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I also wonder who got to pick what photo shoots since Joseph Cultice was doing lots of promo shots around the same time as well.

    He mentions on one of the posts:
    "The one thing I regret most of all is not pushing more to have traveled with them to have shot their massive Woodstock ’94 show. "
    And we know Joseph did the photography for that (Woodstock), so I'd be interested to know the logistics on how all that worked out.
    I don't know how I feel about that, Cultice's shots at Woodstock are so amazing, it's hard to think of it being done by someone else.

  22. #1582
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,503
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    CLASS OF 2021:
    Tina Turner
    Carole King
    The Go-Go's
    Jay-Z
    Foo Fighters
    Todd Rundgren

    Early Influencers:
    Kraftwerk
    Charley Patton
    Gil Scott-Heron

    Musical Excellence:
    LL Cool J
    Billy Preston
    Randy Rhoads

    Ahmet Ertegun Award:
    Clarence Avant

  23. #1583
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    4,945
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    I know TR is going to be pleased about TR.

  24. #1584
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,959
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    And Kraftwerk. Randy Rhoads is a pleasant surprise.

  25. #1585
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    2,148
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Gil Scott-Heron and Kraftwerk. Nice.

  26. #1586
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,254
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    CLASS OF 2021:
    Tina Turner
    Carole King
    The Go-Go's
    Jay-Z
    Foo Fighters
    Todd Rundgren

    Early Influencers:
    Kraftwerk
    Charley Patton
    Gil Scott-Heron

    Musical Excellence:
    LL Cool J
    Billy Preston
    Randy Rhoads

    Ahmet Ertegun Award:
    Clarence Avant
    We'll never get that song of universal peace if they don't get Ted in on the same ticket. Going to create some animosity.

    Also I'm so fucking chuffed that Randy Rhoads is getting it. He was brilliant and that was the butterfly wing that really took Ozzy's spirit.

Posting Permissions