Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1590

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Didn’t Trent say he wanted the bring more people in to work on the next NIN album?

I think I can think of a few.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    that was so so so much fun. I've never watched such an enjoyable interview. we were hanging with a long time group of friends.thank you Trent and all who participated. made me really miss them!

I agree, Danny stole the show, but they were all awesome. really hope that somehow we'd see Vrenna and Danny guest on a track in the future.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Glad Danny was there; he added some the old "chaos" they alluded to from past iterations LOL!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trent needs to bring all of these guys in for the next NIN record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yup!!! and charlie as well lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I echo what's already been said: really enjoyable interview. Great seeing everyone laugh and reminisce yet still feel relevant. Nice to hear Atticus get chatty...Robin, too. Can't wait to hear / see what's next.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I liked what Trent said, that he tried to get Rich Patrick and Charlie Clouser in but there was a limit to how many they’d allow. I always felt that was probably the case, it would take the piss out of other bands who’d had people denied if TR could just have anybody in

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

May as well post this in here...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Great, great talk. That guy David is an excellent interviewer, did an amazing job of letting the conversation flow without stepping on toes but guiding it along and bringing everyone in. I’d take this over a truncated live set any day.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Danny obviously vacuumed up a coffee table sized line before this and I am here for it. Rock and roll motherfuckers.

I assumed it was Tourettes. My good friend has it and has the same mannerisms.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hmmm. I think I can do a 7 day free trial of HBOMax for this.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Is this stream going to make it into @ninlive archive? Asking for a friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love how NIN is really trying to make this more of an experience that involves the fans since the ceremony got canceled. It feels like they're actually celebrating this in their own way with the cool livestream, the mini speeches on the website, and the merch. They found a way to make this a special thing for them and the fans since the traditional ceremony can't happen and I think it's actually better. The livestream was amazing. It was cool listening to them talk about the band, what they remembered, and even touch on some heavier topics. I love that Trent let the guys have their own moment on the website. And the merch feels like a cool way to let the fans in on the celebration. As far as I know the other inductees haven't done anything like this, so this really does feel special.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbo View Post
    I assumed it was Tourettes. My good friend has it and has the same mannerisms.
    I have tourettes, i'm usually able to spot it from a mile away. I didn't see any of the trademarks in his ticks that lead me to believe it's tourettes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, I really felt the love watching that. Thank you to everyone involved in putting that live stream together. I feel very grateful to be a tiny part of the Nine Inch Nails community.

Edit: did anyone happen to catch what Atticus said in response to Danny at around 41:45 that seemed to make everyone else laugh? I can't make it out...
    Last edited by Trains; 11-06-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I respect that. Couldn't find anything on Google either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That was so great to watch. Had a grin on my face the entire time, you can really see the respect and friendship these guys have with one another. Danny stole the show and his line at the end about looking for a job killed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That went a lot better than I was expecting. And stories that were new to me, though maybe some of you had heard them before? Which makes me think, I wish TR would someday authorize a book of some kind, where those stories could be fleshed out and presumably a lot of new stuff would come out. And a documentary is overdue--surely one of the streaming services might be interested in backing one? I wonder if Fincher would be interested.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Is this stream going to make it into @ninlive archive? Asking for a friend.
    It's still here to watch.

But I did save it if it went down.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    The RRHoF member newsletter had a quiz for NIN linked.

It's super easy!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I have tourettes, i'm usually able to spot it from a mile away. I didn't see any of the trademarks in his ticks that lead me to believe it's tourettes.
    Well this is somewhat uncomfortable to discuss but what the heck. It's 2020 after all.

Tourette Syndrome can present in different ways. I experience very mild (in my opinion) yet varied symptoms. Not everyone with Tourette is obvious. So it can be quite difficult to form a definitive diagnosis from afar. Odd behavior alone is not sufficient for diagnosis.

Persons with Tourette should not be viewed as having a disability. It is quite simply a different ability which is often misunderstood.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    God that was so much fucking fun to watch.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Persons with Tourette should not be viewed as having a disability. It is quite simply a different ability which is often misunderstood.
    The only time I’ve considered it a disability is in job interviews, suppressing my ticks during those situations SUUUCK. And I’m constantly worried they’re thinking “is this guy twitchy because he’s nervous or on drugs” lol

But yeah, also I didn’t know there were more of us on here. <3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The only time I’ve considered it a disability is in job interviews, suppressing my ticks during those situations SUUUCK. And I’m constantly worried they’re thinking “is this guy twitchy because he’s nervous or on drugs” lol

But yeah, also I didn’t know there were more of us on here. <3
    Sorry but I had to laugh at that. Because it's so true for me. Situations with strong emotional content (stress or elation or whatever) will always bring about a tic storm for me. The most difficult time to "behave" is when I am expected to behave!

I was never able to suppress tics, so I gave up trying. Redirection works quite well for me, most of the time. Example: When I feel compelled to say "fuck you" I redirect and say something like "fantastic" which resolves the compulsion nicely. Keeping it inside is futile. Letting it rip in a modified version is sufficiently satisfying.

Yes, people IRL still think I am quite odd. But that's OK. I would rather be odd than offensive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Danny’s on drugs honestly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The interview last night was great – I've written a new blog post the induction on my blog - READ - here

https://adamsteiner.uk/2020/11/06/nine-inch-nails-inducted-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2020/

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Here the interview video if anyone wants to download it to their computer:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z9vazq...aY6YY.mp4/file

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Has Aaron north had a mention in recent times?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Possibly my favourite Trent quote from the interview (I'm paraphrasing) as Danny kept on saying he was worried about being fired - 'Danny, you're part of NIN's DNA'.