Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails Inducted Into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Guys, Deep Purple haven't been inducted yet. Deep Purple.
    I know... I'm extremely upset about it more than anyone. Where the fuck is Kraftwerk? Big Star, Joy Division/New Order, the MC5, the New York Dolls, Can, Captain Beefheart, the Smiths, Bauhaus, the Cure, King Crimson, Yes, and the Monkees. My dad is actually offended that Green Day is now in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame as he wonders why the fuck Deep Purple isn't in there? He also asks about the Moody Blues, Ten Years After, and Chicago? How the fuck do you overlook Chicago? Fuck Dave Marsh. He dared called one of Queen's great albums fascist? He's a fucking fascist that stupid old fart. All he does for all of his life is suck Bruce Springsteen's cock just like that aging queen Jann Wenner who likes to suck Bono right up his asshole.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The reactions on those Facebook NIN groups are amazing. People are acting like the entire voting board walked into TR's house and dropkicked his kids in their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99
    just like that aging queen Jann Wenner who likes to suck Bono right up his asshole.
    That's nice, dear.

Last edited by slave2thewage; 12-16-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I know... I'm extremely upset about it more than anyone. Where the fuck is Kraftwerk? Big Star, Joy Division/New Order, the MC5, the New York Dolls, Can, Captain Beefheart, the Smiths, Bauhaus, the Cure, King Crimson, Yes, and the Monkees. My dad is actually offended that Green Day is now in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame as he wonders why the fuck Deep Purple isn't in there? He also asks about the Moody Blues, Ten Years After, and Chicago? How the fuck do you overlook Chicago? Fuck Dave Marsh. He dared called one of Queen's great albums fascist? He's a fucking fascist that stupid old fart. All he does for all of his life is suck Bruce Springsteen's cock just like that aging queen Jann Wenner who likes to suck Bono right up his asshole.
    WHAT ABOUT THE BUZZCOCKS?!?!!??!?!?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    That's nice, dear.

(dying laughing)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    WHAT ABOUT THE BUZZCOCKS?!?!!??!?!?
    They should be in there way more than Green Day as well as: Black Flag, the Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Fugazi, the Stranglers, and the Jam.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    But where are these rocking classics?!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    How could no one vote for this kween?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Thats the whole point...the hall of fame is a lame shit show for sucking the ass of the corporate mainstream and there is no reason to take it seriously....which is why I am glad NIN didnt get in and is also why I am shocked so many NIN fans were dying to see Trent get in....Its like they are dying to see Trent become Bono or some shit. Some fucking corporate rock puppet. Wasnt the Grammy disaster enough?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    But where are these rocking classics?!

I bought that song when I was 9

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    1) Green Day are garbage. They single handedly birthed all these piece of shit pop punk bands like fall out boy and good charlotte and the entire emo warped tour shit scene

2) thank god NIN did not get it....R&R is a shit show. It blows my mind some of you people desperately wanted TR to get in (it blows my mind there are people who think Everything is a great song and not the huge turd it really is) What the fuck did you want Trent to do? Show up and play Closer or HLAH to all the suits and 60 year olds in the crowd? Its bad enough he embarrassed himself at the Grammy's this year....Bowie got inducted and didnt even show up to that horseshit show because hes David fucking Bowie and he knows he is above that nonsense.....Hopefully NIN is left off the ballot for good
    On the other side of the coin, you do also get the occasional great collaboration like Metallica fronted by Ozzy a few years back. Not even gonna suggest what might've been considered interesting enough for TR to show up...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Thats the whole point...the hall of fame is a lame shit show for sucking the ass of the corporate mainstream and there is no reason to take it seriously....which is why I am glad NIN didnt get in and is also why I am shocked so many NIN fans were dying to see Trent get in....Its like they are dying to see Trent become Bono or some shit. Some fucking corporate rock puppet. Wasnt the Grammy disaster enough?
    Teen Angst at his best.
    You sound like me when I was 14 years old and my favorite punkrock bands decided that it was ok to play slower song. Why can't they play fast songs all the time?! Why?

Anyways ...

12 reasons why Green Day deserve to be in the HOF.

I'll admit some points are moot but 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12 are pretty solid.

On the other hand:
    Why does the induction committee have such bad taste

Obivously you can't please everybody.
    At the end of the time, I think we all agree that while NIN may be more deserving to be in, it's simply just a matter of time before they do get in.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 12-17-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Joy Division haven't been inducted either? hahahaha wow

Yeah, this induction thing is nothing to be concerned about, really.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Yeah, this induction thing is nothing to be concerned about, really.
    Even if Trent eventually gets inducted, it's going to pain me to patronize the RnRHoF with any coverage. It's nice publicity in that people who don't matter get to hear his name again, but that's about it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Teen Angst at his best.
    You sound like me when I was 14 years old and my favorite punkrock bands decided that it was ok to play slower song. Why can't they play fast songs all the time?! Why?

Anyways ...

12 reasons why Green Day deserve to be in the HOF.

I'll admit some points are moot but 1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12 are pretty solid.

On the other hand:
    Why does the induction committee have such bad taste

Obivously you can't please everybody.
    At the end of the time, I think we all agree that while NIN may be more deserving to be in, it's simply just a matter of time before they do get in.
    My problem is just one of taste really, I'm not coming from an 'oh they're not punk enough compared to the punk I love' angle, I just don't like punk, pop punk or old punk. One of my most disappointing gigs was seeing the Damned, whoi'd got into via two goth style albums, Phantasmagoria and Anything in the mid-80s (and their brilliant cover of Eloise) - but I didn't really know their history and they'd gone back to their punk roots, it was just noise to me

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I think it should be best that when NIN gets inducted, Trent should never show up as an act of defiance and just post a picture of him and the band and former bandmates playing video games with a message of the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame to fuck off. Besides, we fans deserve better than hear our favorite band play 2 songs and a lame jam session.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Trent isn't 13, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If only Trent woulda made the "Closer" Broadway musical... he woulda been in fo sho..

"I wanna fuck you like a animal" [Chasse... Jazz hands... Jazz hands]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Thats the whole point...the hall of fame is a lame shit show for sucking the ass of the corporate mainstream and there is no reason to take it seriously....which is why I am glad NIN didnt get in
    Wow...I actually agree with Bill here. Never did I think I would had lived to see this day.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_k_f View Post
    If only Trent woulda made the "Closer" Broadway musical... he woulda been in fo sho..

"I wanna fuck you like a animal" [Chasse... Jazz hands... Jazz hands]
    Remember the Fight Club musical that was touted by David Fincher?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    People, in 100-2000 years, will be able to look back at these records like the R&R Hall of Fame or Billboard Charts and discover bands who were talented and/or popular for their time. Just let it be, it's not that bad of a thing.

I get that business politics drive results and decisions which satisfy the stakeholders (shareholders) and not so much the talent. And boo hoo, today's music sucks, it's cookie cutter beats with basic synth and a vocalist. It's shit! But the kids love it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    this thread should probably be closed. R&R hall of fame is over and done with....sarah k's dream of seeing Trent get inducted and praised by all the 60 year old corporate pigs who never heard of him is over....If he didnt get in this year when the fan vote was high for him, he will never get in...RIP hall of fame

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    hahahahaha.... Kraftwerk and The Smiths got beaten out by Green Day?!?!?!?!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    hahahahaha.... Kraftwerk and The Smiths got beaten out by Green Day?!?!?!?!
    That shit ain't right. Let's lock this thread. It's just making me Hulk-angry.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I just realised that Black Sabbath were eligible for entry in 1995 but never got in till 2006 - now there's a band who should have been inducted on the first go. More influential than Nirvana in my opinion - didn't they influence nirvana and a lot of grunge bands in fact?
    Last edited by WorzelG; 12-22-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Teen Angst at his best.
    Post of the week #ohthelolz

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I just realised that Black Sabbath were eligible for entry in 1995 but never got in till 2006 - now there's a band who should have been inducted on the first go. More influential than Nirvana in my opinion - didn't they influence nirvana and a lot of grunge bands in fact?
    They did and many of those bands acknowledged Black Sabbath as an influence. It just goes to show how ridiculous the whole thing is. Deep Purple has been eligible since 1993 and they're still not in. What kind of bullshit is that?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I dont really see a connection between Sabbath and 'Heart Shaped Box' or 'Even Flow'.....They had a big influence on the Melvins who have about as good a chance as getting into the HOF as Trent does

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    To clarify, I don't really give too much of a shit if Trent gets in or not. I was just hella excited at the prospect of getting to attend a mini-concert! Haha.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So, it's almost that time again. Anyone think NIN will make the list again?