Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Machines of Loving Grace

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)

Machines of Loving Grace

I just checked out several songs from Machines of Loving Grace, Concentration and Gilt and it was definitely my cup of tea. Since there are only three albums to discuss, in what order do you like them, and which one is your most favorite out of them all?

I still have yet to them all proper listens though. I'd also still like to thank @Dimitri. for helping me check out their music when he shared Trent Reznor's remix of Burn Like Brilliant Trash in the Random NIN Thoughts thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machines_of_Loving_Grace
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-08-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i used to really love this band back in the day. i gave their albums a listen not too long ago and felt that they hadn't really held up all that well. anyway, i would say concentration is the best of the three. although i like gilt, it seemed like they went in a direction of being more straight forward rock. the song they did for the crow soundtrack was always my favorite track by them. i remember reading a while back that the stuff they recorded for the last (unreleased) album was available, but i was never able to track it down. anyone know if those song were ever leaked?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I loved Gilt, and then went back and discovered Concentration and loved it almost even more.
    I like the first one, but it never quite grabbed me in the same way, I think it's a little more derivative.

I read an interview with Scott Benzel some while ago (which I can't find right now online goddamnit), in which he said that despite the rumours, no final album was recorded, shame. He seems to have become some kind of conceptual artist who has left heavy music behind entirely.