Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it was the right move on monique's part. totally agree.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm really wondering what this means for tomorrow's episode with the whole All-Stars rules being suspended. Maybe a lip-sync for your life?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    such an unsatisfying episode. ughhhhhh.

did anyone else see manila's original dress for the padded challenge? it was AMAZING. apparently ru thought it was in bad taste. like, really? gurl ...

it's referencing a normal human experience and looks STUNNING.

Last edited by kel; 01-12-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I thought the lip sync and final five minutes were the best part of the episode for sure. What an underwhelming roast that was!

Manila is everything and I'm hoping she wins.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wanted to be more excited for that LaLaPaRUza. Sadly, most of those lip synchs were just not very exciting or memorable. And of course they're all Ru songs... could've gone with more iconic/well known gay club anthem songs, but no.

Trinity - unsurprisingly - stole that lip synch. Girl was spot ON with her earlier Drag 101 comment. I couldn't agree more. Turning out a solid lip synch should just be second nature for any queen.

Sissy That Walk was also pretty great. I think it just sucks that we're back up to 7 queens now. This season is getting artificially dragged out now with one week of no eliminations and now a week with someone getting added back in. I'll laugh when that person's the next to go next week.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Okay, that was something new. While I hate to see Manila gone, I'm very curious how the remaining two episodes will play out!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    that elimination was fucking bullshit. latrice should have gone home. again. i didn’t see this tactic coming from naomi, knocking out her biggest threat and disregarding the overall report card.
    Last edited by kel; 02-02-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I figured Manila would be sent home if she ever wound up in the bottom; I'll be shocked if Monet didn't also choose her. It sucks, but that's kind of how All Stars is set up. The best queen isn't very likely to win because you're really at the mercy of the other competitors.

Trinity's time is probably next if she has an off week. Bitches gonna be shady!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Down to the final four. Trinity's kind of in a league of her own... Not sure that's traditionally meant anything, though.

I'm so ready for S11 at the end of the month. I've pretty much been over this all-stars season since way back when Valentina survived Manila and Monet's double win.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally started watching all stars this week. it's been fine so far (first couple episodes) but nothing amazing so :: shrug ::

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    What the actual fuck is all I have to say about that final result lol

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    what the fuck ever with this nonsense. no more all stars seasons. that was fucking wack. i kept hoping manila was going to swoop in and save this dumpster fire, but instead we have monet fucking x change (no shade, but come on) in the hall of fame.

ughhhhh
    Last edited by kel; 02-16-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah not sure in what universe Monet is an All Star over Manila but hey, whatever. Half looking forward to Season 11, but I catch myself cringing with the beginning of every new season the last few years. It always seems IMHO that the queens are just looking to have a catchphrase stick to stay in the online conversation so they can release a single post drag race. Just my two cents...maybe it's just the new reality we live in. *shrug*

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

can we all agree that this was the absolute best moment in the entirety of AS4? it was so fucking funny and it cracks me up every time i see it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm still living for Club Ninety-Sixxxx

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    this week's premiere was better than the majority of all stars, and was my favorite premiere in several years. i loved it. silky was...too much, like everyone said, but otherwise, it was so much fun. wish Spoiler: soju hadn't gone home but her lipsync left a lot to be desired. also, i actually liked miley cyrus on the episode, which feels weird to admit hahaha

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i love miley. she's branched out so much, made weird as fuck stuff, but is such a talent.

a decent premiere. my only gripe: a hannah montana song? fuck. anything from bangerz would have worked so well. specifically "#getitright."

opportunity lost.

also nina west — give her a beard or a goatee and hi, i’m interested.
    Last edited by kel; 03-02-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I will probably never willingly listen to her music, but I do kinda love Miley. She's such an authentically, down-to-earth, talented person. She seems like she would be a fucking blast to hang out with lol. Her response to Ru asking whatever happened to Hannah Montana was priceless, but that's incredibly odd that they chose a song from the Disney-era of her career.

Silky is already on my last nerve after just one episode and that's especially infuriating because I thought that was one of the best names when I saw the list this season.

I wanted to see more from Soju. He was fucking adorable out of drag

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i loved soju’s entrance hair. but that end dress killed her. she couldn’t lip sync her way out of that.

also miley has released some grade-a shit. miley cyrus and her dead petz is worth checking out if you like abstract stuff. bangerz is stellar and a must for pop fans.
    Last edited by kel; 03-02-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i’ve had it with silky. officially.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Scarlet and Yvie absolutely owned every scene they were in for that challenge. I am so pleased at the level of quality this season is showing so far.

I feel like that lip sync could've gone either way, but I agree with the outcome. Second chances are hard to come by; third ones even less so.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    they both delivered. i don’t know why i can’t stan for scarlet yet. no idea. i was immediately drawn to yvie, though. she’s a freak.

the lip lip sync was perfect for episode two. the girls need to really deliver from here on. have i mentioned how much i love nina?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    they both delivered. i don’t know why i can’t stan for scarlet yet. no idea. i was immediately drawn to yvie, though. she’s a freak.

the lip lip sync was perfect for episode two. the girls need to really deliver from here on. have i mentioned how much i love nina?
    do you actually like nina as a queen? i know there's an attraction element there but i just don't feel like she's done anything that's impressed me yet. her runway looks have been fine and her performance in "why it gotta be black, panther?" was also fine but i feel like a good drag queen needs to be way better than just fine.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i do. i don’t think she’ll win or even be top three, but her energy is reminiscent of divine or mimi imfurst. it’s comforting for some reason. her drag has been fine-to-messy, not great, but she has the goods to deliver in acting/wit challenges. i think she’ll at least make it half way.

but, yeah, i prefer her out of drag.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    that was probably the best rusical so far.

was joel mchale drunk? i usually like him, but he got obnoxious real quick.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    that was probably the best rusical so far.

was joel mchale drunk? i usually like him, but he got obnoxious real quick.
    He kinda gave the impression he was at least a little buzzed, yeah. Watching Michelle come close to reach her breaking point with him was gold.

Yvie is single handedly breathing so much life into this series for me right now. In a way it's reminiscent of Sharon Needles in terms of my absolutely needing to see what she's gonna wear next.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    How in the absolute fuck was that not a double elimination last night? That could've been the worst lip sync from any season. Like it's just mind boggling.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    it was so boring. but, goddamn, i was rooting so hard for nina. and she didn’t do *that* bad. certainly thought she did better than silky, but ru sees something in her that i sure as fuck don’t.

i hope to see nina at a pride event soon. going to miss her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Watching last night's LSFYL, already know Nina is gone.

Can Vanjie just go please? I've had enough.

On a brighter note, can A'Keria narrate every Lip sync going forward? That walrus comment about Silky had me rolling.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    silky is fucking garbage on the show, and has also been accused of sexual assault