Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1110

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeOhDeeWhy View Post
    The feels.

!
    Fuck anyone that ever says one negative thing about Christian Bale.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    How often do you guys still watch this movie? After a few viewings I've found it just doesn't grab me as much as it did the first few times, whereas I've watched The Dark Knight at least 50 times and I still get sucked into it, the whole way through.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I went through the trilogy about a week ago. Still pretty good to me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've had the Blu-Ray for TDR since the day it came out and I haven't watched it yet. I haven't watched TDK since 2010. Haven't watched Batman Begins since 2008.

I fail hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Super unpopular opinion here, but Batman Begins is my favorite of the trilogy.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say "unpopular", just "wrong"

Seriously, though, it's still a solid film, just hadn't come into its style quite yet. It still had some Burton influences that needed to be purged. (I'm looking at you, Wayne Monorail...)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Begins is my favorite of the trilogy as well. The other two are fantastic but that one edges them out for me.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I like them all, flaws and all. I was entertained by them, but I am also a Batman whore.

To be honest though, Im ready for a different Batman film.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    I think BB is the only film in trilogy where Gotham City has some authenticity. In other films it's... just a big city.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I like Gotham as a big city as opposed to a comic book city.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I like Gotham as a big city as opposed to a comic book city.
    Yeah, but I've always thought it should be more like Detroit, or at least kind of slummy; In TDK and especially TDKR it looked way too nice and clean.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Yeah, but I've always thought it should be more like Detroit, or at least kind of slummy; In TDK and especially TDKR it looked way too nice and clean.
    it's not just because i'm from chicago, but it made me sad that they didn't use chicago for TDKR when they had used it for the two previous films. it actually made it feel less authentic, to me, because i could make connections between the first two in terms of setting. the third film felt really detached, location-wise.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Lately I've been enjoying my pirated TDKR on my computer; still I think it's the best one. Batman Begins after, then that one I have problems with.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Only somewhat related, but hey...when it comes to the possibility of Nolan and Bale being part of The Justice League movie I think it warrants a bit of attention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My two cents:

Batman Begins is the best of the trilogy. It is the only film out of the three that feels structurally solid from start to finish. And despite the fact that everyone hates Katie Holmes, Bale had a stronger chemistry with her than with later female leads. The Dark Knight Rises fell completely flat for me by the end due to the entire Talia plot A) not making any sense and B) the relationship between Bruce and Talia is completely absurd. The film deflates like a balloon and drags The Dark Knight down with it to some degree. I love a lot of things in the sequels, but the first one had the strongest emotional core / journey.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    To me actually, The Dark Knight is the best of the series. Sure, it's the go to one since it's obviously the most popular and Heath Ledger's Joker is the stuff of legends....but it's also the one that feels the most incredibly written and structured. There's a reason why it's such the obvious choice of best comic book film, everything about it is just so well done. I also love Batman Begins, it was the first time I remember watching a Batman movie and just feeling in complete awe and so immersed in Bruce Wayne's world...even more so than I did as a child with Burton's films.

This guy does one of the best reviews for The Dark Knight I've ever heard...

The Dark Knight Rises however is completely flat to me as well. The Talia sub plot, the fact that John Blake knew Bruce Wayne's secret because of a fucking look on his face (code of the orphan, yeah I get it..blah blah blah) and just the muddy plot left a sour taste in my mouth with this film overall. It's not only the worst in the series but also one of the biggest disappointments going into a film series as a fan I've ever experienced. There are moments I like about the movie, there are moments I absolutely love but overall I didn't enjoy it as much as other people. Where Batman Begins and The Dark Knight felt like smart movies that turned summer blockbusters on their ear TDKR felt like too busy and loud with not enough substance.

This whole bringing Bale and Nolan back notion is interesting considering how much Nolan went on to say "no, our version is done"....shows that with the right amount of money anyone will do anything....but maybe this will be at least a little more entertaining to me where I felt TDKR wasn't.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think having Bale come back as batman for JLA will make TDKR's ending make no sense.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-04-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Begins is certainly the most lean of the 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    dont think i ever shared this but i was an extra in the stadium scene and i have a few videos on my youtube from that day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Post more preeeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Post more preeeze.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sick, you rule dude!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    espn asked me to use the explosion scene which i allowed but not sure if they ever did or not.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First images apparently leak of the upcoming Collector's Blu Ray Trilogy.

No official comment but it seems fairly legit...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The Dark Knight Rises

That reminds me, I need to sell my BB/TDK triple play boxed set.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've been watching bits and pieces (mostly the 2nd half) on HBO lately. It's not going to have a stand-alone reputation like the previous film, but I think it's as good as it set out to be.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've been watching it on HBO too as well. In fact, it has me thinking of the entire trilogy where I'm thinking about writing an essay on all three films.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Christopher Nolan’s reimagining of the Batman franchise beginning with 2005’s Batman Begins enjoyed phenomenal critical and box-office success. Now on September 24, Nolan’s three Batman films – Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises – will be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as The Dark Knight Trilogy: Ultimate Collector’s Edition. The six-disc set will feature all three films with their existing extra content, two new featurettes and exclusive new collectible memorabilia. This must-own collection for fans of DC Comics’ Caped Crusader is available in premium packaging and will sell for $99.97 SRP.
    About the Ultimate Collector’s Edition (UCE):
    *Disc 1 – Batman Begins Feature and Special Features
    *Disc 2 – The Dark Knight Feature
    *Disc 3 – The Dark Knight Special Features
    *Disc 4 – The Dark Knight Rises Feature
    *Disc 5 – The Dark Knight Rises Special Features
    *Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features (details follow)

NEW Special Features:
    The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of The Dark Knight Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
    · Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Donner (Superman) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how Superman influenced Nolan when developing Batman Begins.
    · IMAX® Sequences: The Dark Knight; The Dark Knight Rises - See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio

Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:

· Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
    · Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra's al Ghul
    · 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I know Nolan doesn't care for commentaries...but really?

That "Fire Rises" documentary better be worth it, I loved the documentaries that were included in the 89-97 Batman Anthology Set.

I'll probably end up picking this up because I don't own the first two on Blu-ray and this looks cool at least.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Sweeeeeet

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta