Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1110

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't question The Goddamn Batman.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I watched some of the bonus disc today, the bat mobile history was AWESOME. I highly recommend watching that.....

Also, FUCK Joel Schumacher.......He single handedly RUINED Batman.........

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I rented the DVD, so no special features for me. Typical...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I got about halfway through the special features on the blu ray before heading out last night...you're right about the Batmobile doc. Man, that was awesome. Also, loved the parts about how they actually built the pit prison and batcave from the ground up....so sick.

As for Schumacher, that's why nobody would touch the franchise for years. He drove my bat-boner straight in the dirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i still maintain (as i stated waaaaaaay back in this thread) that they should have left his dialogue alone and added subtitles. it's SO DISTRACTING throughout the entire film, for me, that his voice is not only much louder than every other voice, but that it NEVER sounds like he's actually in any of the scenes. it just sounds like voice-over.
    I agree except about the subtitles. Also, it isn't voice over, they made Banes mask with a built in microphone to record Hardys dialogue. So the initial prologue just distorted the actual audio recording to make it sound more "mechanical". Then everyone complained so they removed the distortion. Though I agree, there are plenty of distracting moments when his audio (no doubt because his mic in his mask was so close to his mouth and then poor audio mixing) seems like hes not even in the scene with the other characters.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elementroejoy View Post
    I agree except about the subtitles. Also, it isn't voice over, they made Banes mask with a built in microphone to record Hardys dialogue. So the initial prologue just distorted the actual audio recording to make it sound more "mechanical". Then everyone complained so they removed the distortion. Though I agree, there are plenty of distracting moments when his audio (no doubt because his mic in his mask was so close to his mouth and then poor audio mixing) seems like hes not even in the scene with the other characters.
    yeah, i mean...it's not THAT hard (as a sound designer, which i am) to take dialogue and make it sound like it's in the same space as the other voices. i feel like they were so worried about him being audible that they just abandoned any attempt to make it fit in the scenes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The Batmobile piece was great until the Jeff Dunham bit. *epic eye roll*

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I think, in-world, Bane's mask was amplified, so that's why it sounds so loud?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I rented the DVD, so no special features for me. Typical...
    The DVD doesn't have special features? Or did the rental just come with 1 disc? I still don't have a blu-ray player

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    The DVD doesn't have special features? Or did the rental just come with 1 disc? I still don't have a blu-ray player
    i'd buy a PS3 than a standalone blu-ray player... at least you'll be able to play games if ya want, surf the web if needed, watch netflix on it and all those streaming programs, etc
    i use my PS3 more for movies than games
    i know a present someone should be asking for this Christmas :P

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez33 View Post
    Almost all rental DVDs come with the bonus features locked so you can only watch the movie. They think this will make you go buy the DVD.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Almost all rental DVDs come with the bonus features locked so you can only watch the movie. They think this will make you go buy the DVD.
    I have literally never had this happen. Anyway, there was one, some lame-ass "featurette" about the "journey of Bruce Wayen" or some bullshit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Something I just noticed watching Batman Begins last night: Ra's al Ghul's air mask mimic's Bane's mask.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Finally i bought this:

Gorgeous box-set but, would it kill them to include a fuckin' booklet?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Blu-ray & Bonus features review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Da.../21212/#Review

I just finished watching the Blu ray that leaked and the back and forth from 2.40:1 to 1.77(IMAX) footage looks just as bad as on TDK.

I dont understand why you dont notice the difference in aspect in the theater...
    What about it looks bad to you guys? I watched the blu-ray Wednesday night and I thought the whole thing looked fantastic. I noticed the jump to the full screen scenes but I didn't think it was jarring or anything. It never bothered me in The Dark Knight either.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I officially hate Jeff Dunham.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I wasn't a big fan of him before but after seeing the bonus features I think I loathe him....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The stupid ventriloquist guy? What did he have to do with the movie?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
    The stupid ventriloquist guy? What did he have to do with the movie?
    I think he was the guy in the Batmobile doc that bought the Keaton batmobile. Guy isn't even funny, how the hell did he have the money to buy that.

The Batmobile doc was pretty awesome but I wish they would've left out the Shumacher ones, I know they had to include them since they're part of Batman but they're just so damn terrible. Them talking about making them and how awesome they thought they were was making me cringe.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I thought the forever batmobile was cool, only good thing about the movie.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I think he was the guy in the Batmobile doc that bought the Keaton batmobile. Guy isn't even funny, how the hell did he have the money to buy that.
    The same reason Dane Cook is rolling in money. The doc did redeem itself with the children's hospital patients.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I remember the day it came up here to the Children's Hospital. My friend Jeff who works there texted me and within 20 minutes I was there taking pictures with it. Couldn't see myself in the doc haha, but it was there for about 6 hours...oh, and it was awesome in real life...and fuckin' huge lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I submit this as definitive proof that there is no god.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Links between all three movies.

Pretty cool. Knew a lot of them already, but some of them are pretty interesting...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    *plugs ears* LALALALALALA...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^ Sure it has been covered everywhere else but because it was a neutron bomb they do not have to worry about fallout or after effects if it is dropped outside a certain radius (hence the establishment of how far out of the city Batman is when it goes off).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I bought one of the Bat Cowl BluRays on release date and sold it on eBay for $102.50.

Good times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can't stop watching this movie. Bought this and Expendables 2 the day after xmas, and have watched one of them every day since. I could probably reenact the entire first Bane/Batman fight I've watched it so much. Good stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The feels.

!