Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1110

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually those bats were real, they were frozen or something so they could get the right lighting for the scene when they did use CGI bats. They attempted to use real bats flying around but it was too difficult to work with.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Christopher Nolan and his Frozen Bat on a Stick.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    Man, I sure noticed it. It wasn't bad in the non-IMAX screening (still noticeable) but when I saw it in the actual IMAX theater the difference was jarring.
    Yeah I saw a legit IMAX screening in Chicago at Navy Pier and the 35mm stuff looked TERRIBLE. But the IMAX footage was so beautiful that I didn't really care.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To dabble in the 'take this with a boulder of salt the size of Kentucky' field, the internet is buzzing after Hit-Fix revealed a story saying that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is lined up to play Batman in the Justice League movie in 2015.

That, with the appearance at the end of Man of Steel actually makes sense (in keeping the movie universe all connected, etc etc) but still...don't bother with the 'I DON'T BUY IT. IT'S A BULLSHIT RUMOR.' because it is...just a rumor.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    With all this Nightwing talk, I almost forgot to mention:

So, I've gotten involved with 'Nightwing: Escalation,' this fan-made web series, as a set photographer and production assistant. The obvious indie budget provides its own limitations, but I firmly believe that what's done with the characters -- Gordon, Barbara, Grayson, some obscure ones, etc. -- is fantastic. It's heavier on the dialogue and drama than the action sequences, and the episodes only get better with each subsequent production. Right now we're filming and raising funds for episode four.

If you feel so inclined to check out the series and support the production, please do so!

http://www.indiegogo.com/NEscalation?c=home

[/shameless promoting] Thank you so, so much in advance, guys. The indie film fire rises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They need to cast Jon Hamm as the new Batman.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    GET BACK IN YOUR SHAME CLOSET! Jon Hamm... try Jon HAMN'T... wait, that doesn't work. I'm firing my writers.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Wasn't sure where to put this, and don't have the time to make a new thread but sources say Joseph Gordon-Levitt will definitely be playing Batman in the Justice League film and one other cast member from TDKR.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/11/27...justice-league

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I don't think it really makes any sense to have JGL play Batman in the Justice League movie. If he does it will go one of two ways: either a. the movie has nothing to do with the Nolan universe and JGL plays Bruce Wayne, or b. JGL returns as John Blake who becomes Batman, in which case it still doesn't make sense because like someone else said, superpowers a-plenty.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Batman's always been in the Justice League, and frankly, he could take any one of them in a fight, despite having no superpowers. Hasn't he kicked Superman's ass on a few occasions? Seriously, he's got contingency plans and backup plans for his backup plans and I'm pretty sure he's got a set of kryptonite-studded brass knuckes on that utility belt... just in case...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I didn't mean he shouldn't be in the Justice League because he doesn't have powers, I just meant it would either have to be connected to the Nolan-universe by having JGL, which wouldn't make sense since his movies are set in reality, or it wouldn't be set in his universe and instead will just be completely confusing having JGL there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I didn't mean he shouldn't be in the Justice League because he doesn't have powers, I just meant it would either have to be connected to the Nolan-universe by having JGL, which wouldn't make sense since his movies are set in reality, or it wouldn't be set in his universe and instead will just be completely confusing having JGL there.
    Nolan movies aren't "set in reality", they're just more realistic than most other comic book movies. At the end of the day it's still a man in a cape. And as stated in the interview, they're not Nolan's Batman movies, they're Warner Brothers.

Personally I never read the justice league, and don't even know who is in it besides Batman and Superman. But if there's a movie with Batman in it, I'll buy a ticket.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Ah, I see what you're getting at.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    According to Hollywood.com, JGL's reps say he isn't going to be in Justice League

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Joseph...EPORT/45081080

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Levitt looks like he fits more of a Batman Beyond role then a Batman role...

But I doubt they take the story line that way.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Good explanation of why it wouldn't work for JGL.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/...d-be-a-mistake

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Best Bane quotes in the entire film right here.

Also, excited for the DVD/Blu-Ray release this Tuesday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked TDKR, it was entertaining and worth the money.
    Bane was a kick-ass villain in the first part of the movie, I loved it when he was starting a riot on the wallstreet, but then there was the bomb...it just didn't make sense to me, why would he start a riot in Gotham in the first place, when he wanted to destroy the city anyway? If the bomb wouldn't have been in the movie, it could have started a moral conflict for batman about what is right for the people, but yeah, its too much to expect from a mainstream movie, I guess.

And then there was that Talia twist, that turned him from that evil badass motherfucker into her slave. I don't think that whole part was necessary..
    Especially the way they were 'defeated' in the end.

Catwoman was alright, but she seemed a bit too tame sometimes for catwoman imo.

Overall, I still think its a nice movie and from all those comic-book flicks that were released in the past years I still prefer the Batman series over them all.
    If you want to enjoy it, you shouldn't think too much about the plot

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If anyone in this movie deserves an award, it's Micheal Caine.
    Now when I read your posts all I can do is read them as though Riker is bellowing them at me.

Anyway, yeah, that fight sequence is brilliant, especially the complete lack of music, which just emphasises the cat-and-mouse game Bane is playing. Similarly, the chilling "Joker's theme" emphasises in the same way the game the Joker was playing with Batman in the interrogation scene in TDK. Two completely different scenes, but both working to show that the villain completely has the upper hand!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I'm watching TDKR on blu-ray and I wanna see if anyone else is experiencing what I am currently experiencing. Is is just me, or is Bane's audio track louder than everyone else's audio track? Its pretty distracting......during the opening plane scene I turned the audio up so I could hear everyone that was speaking. Then when Bane started talking, it caused my speakers to crackle a little. I'm hoping that its just that one scene.....anyone else experiencing this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

I noticed a difference from when I saw the Prologue before MI4 and the theatrical version in Imax. The blu ray sounded similar to theatrical version to me.

To answer the question I do think they mixed Bane a little higher on the plane. I didn't think it was noticeable the rest of the movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It was from when they first had the nights across North America where they showed the prologue scene and you got free tickets from the viral website. It was essentially the first airplane scene and his voice was muffled as hell. People made such a stink online that word got around to Nolan et al and they went in and redubbed his talking throughout the entire film. If you ever saw the prologue at one of those nights, holy shit you could only make out like 1/3 of what he was saying.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    It was from when they first had the nights across North America where they showed the prologue scene and you got free tickets from the viral website. It was essentially the first airplane scene and his voice was muffled as hell. People made such a stink online that word got around to Nolan et al and they went in and redubbed his talking throughout the entire film. If you ever saw the prologue at one of those nights, holy shit you could only make out like 1/3 of what he was saying.
    i still maintain (as i stated waaaaaaay back in this thread) that they should have left his dialogue alone and added subtitles. it's SO DISTRACTING throughout the entire film, for me, that his voice is not only much louder than every other voice, but that it NEVER sounds like he's actually in any of the scenes. it just sounds like voice-over.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i still maintain (as i stated waaaaaaay back in this thread) that they should have left his dialogue alone and added subtitles. it's SO DISTRACTING throughout the entire film, for me, that his voice is not only much louder than every other voice, but that it NEVER sounds like he's actually in any of the scenes. it just sounds like voice-over.
    Couldn't agree more....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It actually doesn't bother me that much other than in a few scenes.

1. The sewer fight. 'IYAMMM DA LEEEEEEEEEAGUE OF ShaDOOOWWWWWS'
    2. The big speech on top of the Tumbler.

Oh and in the beginning when he answers the CIA agent's question with 'OF COURSE!' with how whiny his voice gets...kinda funny.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I don't have nearly as much of a problem with Banes voice as I do with Batmans (although it is definitely better in TDKR than TDK). And even after Selina, Bane, etc. know he's really Bruce Wayne, he keeps doing the damn voice. He doesn't need to.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL Selina disappears... *growling* So that's what that feels like.

My wife in the car after the first time we saw it: 'He really didn't have to do the Bat-voice when he was alone, honey'.... haha

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

The Dark Knight Rises

Maybe after being the batman for so long he can't help but stay in that character? Maybe it's kinda like a split personality.....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think its something like this.

Batman is Batman when that cowl is on, there is no Bruce. I think the only time that slipped is when Talia revealed herself. He felt betrayed.

Batman still talked like Batman in the animated series, and no complained when he was talking to Alfred still using his Batman Voice.