Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    MTV announced today that Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will attend the 2012 MTV Movie Awards on Sunday, June 3rd to debut exclusive footage from The Dark Knight Rises!

We are proud to announce that this year’s live broadcast will feature the debut of exclusive new footage from one of the summer’s most highly anticipated movies, “The Dark Knight Rises.” And if that’s not exciting enough, the film’s writer/director Christopher Nolan and stars Christian Bale, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Gary Oldman will be on hand to introduce the never-before-seen footage. If you’ve been following the news surrounding Nolan’s third and very likely final Batman film, you know that plot details have been kept under lock and key, so any chance to see anything new from the film ahead of its July 20 release is definitely cause for celebration.
    The 21st annual MTV Movie Awards air live Sunday, June 3, at 9 pm EST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Tumblers all up in this piece! Was Wayne Enterprises hurting for money so they decided to sell 'em like Hummers?
    I've been figuring Bane just stole them.

Edit: *faints*
    Last edited by Goldfoot; 05-26-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    who here read the original knight fall comics? Am I the only one who hope this happens this in the movie?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I've got them all and read them regularly. The whole issue (#497) just before that happens is some of the most powerful comic book emotional storytelling I can think of. When Bane's just pummeling him through Wayne Manor and at the end when he ends up down in the BatCave holding Jason's old Robin costume...amazing.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-26-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    hey OM, do you know if they ever made an anthology of that story line? I'd like to get it all in one book rather than buying the comics all over again

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes they did, and I no joke saw it while in North Vancouver today. This was the edition I saw today which I know is a newer version (but just the cover I think, maybe with some diff. extras at the end). I have the issues and the older collection, but I assume this new one is roughly the same price? It was $30 here, so I assume it's the same in the U.S.

edit: And just reading the description now, it says 'includes chapters never previously reprinted'...shit. I wonder if that means never as in never or just never since the original issues lol. Now I have to find out.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Thanks man, I plan on picking that up now and reliving some of my childhood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't stop the rock

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    who here read the original knight fall comics? Am I the only one who hope this happens this in the movie?
    nope, check the last 5 pages, most of us have been rooting fot this to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    edit: And just reading the description now, it says 'includes chapters never previously reprinted'...shit. I wonder if that means never as in never or just never since the original issues lol. Now I have to find out.
    Oh man, i already own "Knightfall" but im getting the new edition just because of this!
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-27-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've decided that we cannot see Selina's eyes in these because she has flipped down the "ears" of her mask to make some sort of technological goggles. The question is, what do they do and where did she get them? We know she's a thief, and we've seen her driving at least two of Bruce's vehicles...maybe she stole this mask from WE. In the one TV spot, Bruce calls her a cat burglar. I figure she "jokingly" told him that she is one, or he recognized the mask she is wearing, as it seems to be the same mask she's wearing while in costume.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Edit: *faints*
    Heh, Sin City 2?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It makes sense. Batman-News.com revealed a slight spoiler about Selina stealing something from someone in the movie so it stands to reason that she'd steal that too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yes they did, and I no joke saw it while in North Vancouver today. This was the edition I saw today which I know is a newer version (but just the cover I think, maybe with some diff. extras at the end). I have the issues and the older collection, but I assume this new one is roughly the same price? It was $30 here, so I assume it's the same in the U.S.

Yeah, these new volumes of Knightfall are brilliantly assembled and are as complete as one could hope they could be. I have the first volume and it's excellent. Vol. 2 has the Crusade issues with Jean Paul. I'm assuming that Vol. 3 will have the Quest issues with Bruce and Alfred along with all of Knightsend. But yeah, really awesome.

TIMP, get them on Amazon. Good pricing on them there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The embargo has lifted on the official set visits that a bunch of magazines, etc. were granted...brace yourself. Tons of info, interviews, pictures, etc. but also a TON of spoilers.

BOOM.

Super spoiler warning. If you click the last '20 things to know about The Dark Knight Rises...' article in that link, it's basically just a list of spoilers. Big spoilers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, on that note, I'm avoiding this thread until I see it just to be safe.

Peace.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah to be perfectly honest, I'll continue to check the thread for any more banners or pics but I ain't clickin' on any more links as well. Good call.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And I'm going to amend my rule now that trade magazines are free game. Not anymore. Don't post any info from those in the thread, please. There are plenty of other message boards out there that will allow spoiler talk, so please take your discussion there. Gracias.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New pictures.

Not very spoilerish at all, but sort of. Won't link the article that goes along with it, where writer David Goyer discusses the final scene in the movie. While it's nothing concrete (he'd never spoil it for certain) what he hints at is beyond insane. You can find it I suppose, or just PM me and I'll copy/paste it.

It's big though, fair warning.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    And I'm going to amend my rule now that trade magazines are free game. Not anymore. Don't post any info from those in the thread, please. There are plenty of other message boards out there that will allow spoiler talk, so please take your discussion there. Gracias.
    I appreciate this. Spoiler: Rachel's death was spoiled for me a few days before seeing The Dark Knight via ETS - I wasn't really angry because I had to take some of the blame (but it still sucked), and if that happens again on the final installment that just won't be acceptable. In any case, I'm going to have to make an effort to avoid this thread just to be safe as the release date nears.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight
    New pictures.

Not very spoilerish at all, but sort of. Won't link the article that goes along with it, where writer David Goyer discusses the final scene in the movie. While it's nothing concrete (he'd never spoil it for certain) what he hints at is beyond insane.

Holy fuck that gets me excited, as do those quotes that accompany the new pictures.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What is the silent era quote in reference to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    What is the silent era quote in reference to?
    Pre-Code Hollywood?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Here's one of the biggest scenes from the pre-code silent era where several horses died and stuntmen were seriously injured during the filming:

Last edited by hobochic; 05-29-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New tv spot.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Takes a pair the size of watermelons to make a claim like that, but if anyone can pull it off it'd be Nolan.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DC has updated their official store with a TON of official merchandise.

WARNING: I saw a shirt that had an INSANELY UNBELIEVABLY BIG SPOILER. I'm talking, never been discussed yet anywhere, 'FUCK ME WHY DID I LOOK AT THAT' spoiler. So be super careful when looking at the shirts. Hell I bet they'll get complaints to take it down, it's that spoilerish. FUCK.

edit: Here's the link to the store.

Seriously though, it's figures, statues, and toys, etc. first. I HIGHLY recommend that when you first see a shirt a few rows down, skip all the way through to the mousepads and bobbleheads and shit.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-30-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    DC has updated their official store with a TON of official merchandise.

WARNING: I saw a shirt that had an INSANELY UNBELIEVABLY BIG SPOILER. I'm talking, never been discussed yet anywhere, 'FUCK ME WHY DID I LOOK AT THAT' spoiler. So be super careful when looking at the shirts. Hell I bet they'll get complaints to take it down, it's that spoilerish. FUCK.

edit: Here's the link to the store.

Seriously though, it's figures, statues, and toys, etc. first. I HIGHLY recommend that when you first see a shirt a few rows down, skip all the way through to the mousepads and bobbleheads and shit.
    Yeah, I saw it and was like "SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!". If anyone is concerned about spoilers, just stay off that site completely, because it looks innocuous until you click on it...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If it's what I think it is, I accidentally spoiled it for myself by reading the comments on the Batman News post. The only thing I can think of is that in the movie, it's just a setup.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I think so too, but still it's pretty big.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)