Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Speaking of sex trafficking and asshattery

SO: I went down this rabbit hole starting with Brian Singer, when the
    wife and I were binge watching House.

And I came across this bit of hearsay: Bret Easton Ellis alleged that two of his former partners attended "underage sex parties" hosted by Bryan Singer and Roland Emmerich. I didn't know Emmerich, but he directed a bunch of summer blockbusters I got a kick out of.

There have been rumblings about such parties, in the conspiracy world, for as long as I've been interested, at least. Except, in the conspiracy theory version, there's usually some luciferian aspect, or the parties are hosted by the Rothschilds or some shit.

I'm wondering, though, if the gatherings that Ellis mentioned are the truth of the matter, that has been hyperbolized.

And, I wonder how common such things are.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    And, I wonder how common such things are.
    Can't speak about what you posted but this question I can easily say they are more common than you think when wealth and desire mix. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Piggybacking off my last statement with a bold sentence:

Mainstream conspiracy theory thinking of 2016-now has effectively and actively largely killed my interest in conspiracy theories as a hobby. Real shame too because they can be fun alternative ways of thinking.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Mainstream conspiracy theory thinking of 2016-now has effectively and actively largely killed my interest in conspiracy theories as a hobby. Real shame too because they can be fun alternative ways of thinking.
    It's when people stop treating them like fun alternate reality games and taking them seriously that they get really serious and dangerous. I have lost friends over this sort of thing, and it's a crazy slippery slope and a really thin line between "fun" and "I'm in a cult."

I actually think this whole Qanon thing was created as a prank by someone "having fun." Also, I think the whole "Q" thing sprouted up because the very fact that Trump could be elected president already disproved about 99% of modern conspiracy theories, and so his supporters (conspiratorially inclined) needed a new theory where he is Captain America or something.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-17-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's when people stop treating them like fun alternate reality games and taking them seriously that they get really serious and dangerous. I have lost friends over this sort of thing, and it's a crazy slippery slope and a really thin line between "fun" and "I'm in a cult."

I actually think this whole Qanon thing was created as a prank by someone "having fun." Also, I think the whole "Q" thing sprouted up because the very fact that Trump could be elected president already disproved about 99% of modern conspiracy theories, and so his supporters (conspiratorially inclined) needed a new theory where he is Captain America or something.
    I fucking hate the QAnon conspiracy. I can't believe people have put weight into it to actually believe it. It originated on 4chan lmao.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I fucking hate the QAnon conspiracy. I can't believe people have put weight into it to actually believe it. It originated on 4chan lmao.
    Qanon is what happens when you rip the carpet out from underneath the larger conspiracy theorist community. Trump becoming president was insane, impossible. All the conspiracy theorists were originally claiming he was a distraction during the election.

Then he got elected, and suddenly, religious conservative conspiracy theorists started gloming on to this 4Chan poster claiming Trump is ... well, whatever kinda "hero" fighting the "deep state" and whatever... it's weird to watch conspiracy theorists grasp at straws as their elaborate crazy world view collapses in the wake of the lunacy they collectively endorsed... if they hadn't set up this "anything is possible! -> Building 7! -> 911 is an inside job! -> Obama wasn't born in America!-> The taliban is actually American soldiers and PMC in disguise -> Trump is on OUR SIDE! He's fighting the news to get us the truth!!!!!!!!

FUCK this...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-17-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Qanon is what happens when you rip the carpet out from underneath the larger conspiracy theorist community. Trump becoming president was insane, impossible. All the conspiracy theorists were originally claiming he was a distraction during the election.

Then he got elected, and suddenly, religious conservative conspiracy theorists started gloming on to this 4Chan poster claiming Trump is ... well, whatever kinda "hero" fighting the "deep state" and whatever... it's weird to watch conspiracy theorists grasp at straws as their elaborate crazy world view collapses in the wake of the lunacy they collectively endorsed... if they hadn't set up this "anything is possible! -> Building 7! -> 911 is an inside job! -> Obama wasn't born in America!-> The taliban is actually American soldiers and PMC in disguise -> Trump is on OUR SIDE! He's fighting the news to get us the truth!!!!!!!!

FUCK this...
    My favorite thing about the Trump election was he was buddies with Alex Jones. Jones always talked shit about the government (mostly rightly so) with false information and opinions. He bad mouthed Obama and most major politicians from the 2005-2015. Then magically he had to change his opinion about US Government because he was now "friends" with the president.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    My favorite thing about the Trump election was he was buddies with Alex Jones. Jones always talked shit about the government (mostly rightly so) with false information and opinions. He bad mouthed Obama and most major politicians from the 2005-2015. Then magically he had to change his opinion about US Government because he was now "friends" with the president.

That was all Roger Stone's plotting, and ironically, that's the REAL conspiracy here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

DUDE. Amen.
    Having been in and around the conspiracy community since like, 2007, I am utterly baffled that the fucking MAJORITY of "truthers" are now full throated trump supporters.

DONALD FUCKING TRUMP is the hero of the anti 1%, anti gvmt, anti illuminati cause?

What in the actual fuck?

Alex Jones supporting trump REALLY opened my eyes to this shit. Say what you will about him, but he hated Clinton. I got INTO conspiracy theory because of his anti Bush rhetoric and exposure of Bohemian Grove. And, he hated Obama. He hated ALL politicians. It was US and THEM.

And, suddenly, it's left vs right, and 95% of the truthers are on the right.

Meanwhile, the Trump Administration is committing all sorts of actual, real live, documented conspiracy type shit every fucking WEEK.

It's mad disheartening.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    DUDE. Amen.
    Having been in and around the conspiracy community since like, 2007, I am utterly baffled that the fucking MAJORITY of "truthers" are now full throated trump supporters.

DONALD FUCKING TRUMP is the hero of the anti 1%, anti gvmt, anti illuminati cause?

What in the actual fuck?

Alex Jones supporting trump REALLY opened my eyes to this shit. Say what you will about him, but he hated Clinton. I got INTO conspiracy theory because of his anti Bush rhetoric and exposure of Bohemian Grove. And, he hated Obama. He hated ALL politicians. It was US and THEM.

And, suddenly, it's left vs right, and 95% of the truthers are on the right.

Meanwhile, the Trump Administration is committing all sorts of actual, real live, documented conspiracy type shit every fucking WEEK.

It's mad disheartening.
    And here in Mexico is similar, people are mixing the Theories with the whole COVID thing, to the point it's also mixing with the politics.
    The whole thing is a mess, just like the "Pro-Trump Truthers" they are ignorant people thinking they have the "truth" because they watched a couple of Youtube videos.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    And here in Mexico is similar, people are mixing the Theories with the whole COVID thing, to the point it's also mixing with the politics.
    The whole thing is a mess, just like the "Pro-Trump Truthers" they are ignorant people thinking they have the "truth" because they watched a couple of Youtube videos.
    Right, I posted this in the Trump thread, it's for total idiots who seem to love going into rabbit holes that make zero logical sense, yet they feel like they've stumbled into something "special" and "their eyes have been opened."

https://time.com/5887437/conspiracy-...2020-election/

SEE ALSO.

I really do miss the days when "online" was reserved mostly for people who knew how to use UNIX commands, and editors like vi or Emacs, or at least just used a bus like AOL, and it wasn't totally filled with such horseshit. Making it more difficult really did filter out this preponderance of total shit.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-11-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This episode on the history of QAnon is pretty interesting:

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-...untry-of-liars

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    A majority of these are 100% unknown to me so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on how deep down the conspiracy theory hole I go.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    A majority of these are 100% unknown to me so I feel like I have a pretty good handle on how deep down the conspiracy theory hole I go.
    My SO hadn't heard much about Qanon and I started telling her about all the batshit crazy things they "believe". She sorta jokingly said I was starting to worry her. But IMO you gotta know the broad strokes of it in case a friend or relative tries to pitch some of the more innocuous talking points trying to lure you in. Save the Children, on it's face, seems like a reasoned cause....until it doesn't.

TL;DR: I hate people.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    wtf is the mattress firm conspiracy???

also, the free britney thing is 100% real, and is about her dad having conservatorship over her and her music (which essentially means she doesn't have access to her money, which is bullshit). that's not a conspiracy theory so i really don't understand why it's on there.

Britney Spears is seeking to make changes to her conservatorship, which has been in place since 2008. The 38-year-old singer is asking that her father, Jamie Spears, be removed as her conservator, according to court documents obtained by Entertainment Tonight.
    ^ that's from a report on august 19th

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Finland doesn't exist? What the hell is that? I must check out that one.

Also: if you want to get an instant raise out of me, tell me that aliens built "insert ancient structures name here". It's an insult to ancient civilizations ingenuity and to mankind in general.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wtf is the mattress firm conspiracy???
    Something about it being a criminal enterprise based on the vast number of stores that always seem empty.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The George Soros thing is gaining a lot of popularity lately... specially in my country where they are implying the president is allied with him

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @allegate i see nothing in your post. CONSPIRACY!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    hmm. the person I quoted had that tweet set to no reply, I wonder if that's a factor?

Good. That only leaves the Boogaloo Boys, Proud Boys, and so many other racist groups.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I just learned about Finland Doesn't Exist on YouTube a few days ago, and have been harassing a Swedish ets friend about it. It's pretty damn funny.

Surely, SURELY that one only gained steam as some sort of joke, but, who knows.

The Flat Earth society was mostly a self aware joke in the early '00s, as far as I could tell: it was in this big like, encyclopedia of insanity and cults and obscure conspiracy theories I had called Kooks.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    What have I become?

a Swedish ets friend

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    What have I become?
    Actual real life lolz for that one. Thanks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Was Brushy Bill Roberts really Billy the Kid?

Just watched Young Guns II (an okay movie) so I wanted to look that up. I remember seeing a segment on Unsolved Mysteries.

I think it's possible.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Was Brushy Bill Roberts really Billy the Kid?

Just watched Young Guns II (an okay movie) so I wanted to look that up. I remember seeing a segment on Unsolved Mysteries.

I think it's possible.
    Oh I really like this one. It's perhaps more of an, well, unsolved mystery (haha) than a conspiracy theory but still. I do believe it's possible too. The Old West has it's share of mysteries. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, anyone?

I was thinking about starting a thread about unexplained stuff. I've been reading a lot lately about missing people and it's something that I've always found fascinating and disturbing, especially when it concerns children ( the Beaumont children or the Sodder children come to mind). If any of you wants to go down that rabbit hole, you can start here.

What about that Jimmy Hoffa, heh?

Sometimes, they find people too and it's no less strange.