Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Ok. Two things.

I apologize for my support of Alex Jones. I was a big fan a LONG TIME ago. I appreciated him outing Bohemian Grove and such, but most of all, I appreciated his hatred for the Bush family.

But I stopped listening a long time ago, like, ten fucking years ago.

Having watched some of his videos from the time I missed, I'm just utterly stunned. He's either playing a fucking character, or has truly lost his mind, possibly from methamphetamine use or some shit.

So, yeah, the guy who was deplatformed was NOT the AJ I knew in the '00s. THAT'S the guy I was defending. He said some dumb shit now and then, but he also exposed some real shit that's unimpeachable. FUrthermore, I thought he was going to support Obama.

THEN, I realized that Jones would never support a political candidate, the jones of the '00s I mean. This is why his support of trump fucking baffled me. I didn't know he was yammering on about "democrats" now: he used to abhor both parties.

But, yeah, the Jones I wasn't aware of, the Jones of the past several years, deserved to be banned. I get it now, and I apologize. I'm disgusted.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Second thing: are you guys aware of Jones vs. Rogan?
    It's fucking INSANE.

SO: conspiracy theory - could this beef be staged? Rogan and Jones have been friends since the fucking 90s.

Could Jones have ASKED Rogan to do this shit, or, did Rogan say "hey, I'm gonna help you get some new subscribers, old buddy. My reputation can handle it."

?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Ah yes Conspiracy Theories....one of the few things I actively despise.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Ah yes Conspiracy Theories....one of the few things I actively despise.
    Why? What is a conspiracy?
    A conspiracy is a couple of people making a deal that they don't want everyone to know about. This happens millions of times a week, I'd reckon.

And, like it or not, conspiracy theories have uncovered some god awful shit, like Bayer knowingly putting a hemophilia drug on the market that was infected with Hep C and HIV.

I think that MOST conspiracy theories are utter bullshit, but others have turned out to be true: MKULTRA and MKOFTEN also come to mind.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Why? What is a conspiracy?
    A conspiracy is a couple of people making a deal that they don't want everyone to know about. This happens millions of times a week, I'd reckon.

And, like it or not, conspiracy theories have uncovered some god awful shit, like Bayer knowingly putting a hemophilia drug on the market that was infected with Hep C and HIV.

I think that MOST conspiracy theories are utter bullshit, but others have turned out to be true: MKULTRA and MKOFTEN also come to mind.
    Yes I know, and I'd really call the Bayer thing a scandal than a Conspiracy.

But I can't stand people who believe into this fucking absurd ass shit. I'm not going to trust this random person about how the moon landing was fake, a person who very much has no idea how science or physics work, has done no research on it over a fucking scientist.

I fucking hate it.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)

But I can't stand people who believe into this fucking absurd ass shit. I'm not going to trust this random person about how the moon landing was fake, a person who very much has no idea how science or physics work, has done no research on it over a fucking scientist.

I fucking hate it.
    trust me.
    i understand.
    Make no mistake, though. The fucks at Bayer, in fact, conspired to do what they did.
    People suspected it and it turned out to be true.
    Now, it was a scandal when it was exposed, no doubt.
    But it was, in fact, a conspiracy by awful corporate fucks who, eventually, unloaded said drug on China and whatnot.

This trump collusion theory...is that not a conspiracy theory?
    The McCabe thing in the news today...the thing with the actor from empire (whichever way it goes.)

"conspiracy theory," the way you mean it, has become a joke, associated with the far right.

I guess that, when i started this thread, i was referring more to the actual definitions of the words, you feel me?

But i can VERY much understand where you're coming from.

As i've said before, there's "conspiracy theory," as in what it generally means these days, and then there are actual ideas about people conspiring to do shit that is fucked up.

Another good example is PRISM. My buddy Joey, god rest his soul, was yammering for years about how the NSA was gathering information on us and could listen to our conversations through our cell phones, etc.

i made fun of him for it, endlessly.

and then, SURE ENOUGH...

fucksake, i wish the poor bastard had lived to see Snowden's revelations, and been vindicated.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and a scandal?

Proof.

That's why I don't dismiss ALL conspiracy theories as utter bullshit just because they sound outlandish. Most of them are, and like you I won't trust anyone who just spouts of bullshit that intelligent people have already contradicted. We landed on the moon. The earth is a sphere. Etc. But every once in a great while, something that sounds absolutely bat-shit crazy turns out to actually be true, as @elevenism has pointed out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and a scandal?

Proof.

That's why I don't dismiss ALL conspiracy theories as utter bullshit just because they sound outlandish. Most of them are, and like you I won't trust anyone who just spouts of bullshit that intelligent people have already contradicted. We landed on the moon. The earth is a sphere. Etc. But every once in a great while, something that sounds absolutely bat-shit crazy turns out to actually be true, as @elevenism has pointed out.
    Im not saying that none of them are true, but the matter of the fact is that Conspiracy theories will forever be tainted because of people like Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh and fucking James Woods of all people. The Nazi's did it with the Manji, turning a harmless symbol of good luck into the hated image we see it as today, even though the Manji actually has some differences than a Swastika. Same thing with those ancient Ruins that also tainted by them. The complete horseshit as outweighed the ones that are actually true and I don't think it will ever be the harmless thing it used to be, say like it was when The X-Files was a brand new thing and it was more tamed.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    I actually thought what also tainted conspiracy theories was also because some conspiracy theories also include beliefs in the paranormal, such as paranormal activity and paranormal investigation, which for obvious reasons can be often deemed to be stupid and crazy bullshit. It's not just when conspiracy theories become combined with paranormal investigations, but also the fact that conspiracy theories are equally dismissed/regarded as paranormal beliefs such as ghosts and aliens.

I know I brought this up with @elevenism before, but once I saw that connection, especially on YouTube, it helped me further understand as to why conspiracy theories are subject to lots of skepticism, ridicule, derision, jeers/taunts and even irritation/aggravation/frustration from time to time. Anyway, I still sometimes find it interesting to read into, even without believing this and/or that. (And not that you have to nor should you, since gullibility/credulousness is very misleading/deceiving, but I sometimes enjoy entertaining such thoughts (Yes, imagination included, aside from plain speculation.), since sometimes as the quote says, fact can be stranger than fiction, especially if/when actually proven.)

But yeah. It depends who you speak to, since discussing conspiracy theories is sometimes tantamount to discussing ghosts and aliens. And given some of the reactions to expect from merely bring up ghosts and aliens, it really is no wonder why it sometimes just doesn't end well as a topic of conversation.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-23-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    So, back to where I started: have you guys SEEN the shit Alex Jones is saying about Joe Rogan, and the way he's screaming "I want WAR! This is WAR AHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUK yAAAAAAAAH!" or whatever ?

IS there a possibility that this shit is STAGED? These guys are old friends.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Annnnnnnnd

Alex Jones is on Joe Rogan, right now, live, doing mea culpas here and saying shit joe agrees with there.

Maaaaan, I'm telling you guys, this whole "feud" was like pro wrestling .

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Well, for the record the alien stuff isn't what upsets me about like what some one was saying. Like all that shit is so far gone and Looney toons that it's just kind of funny. Like got a will Smith movie out of it and occassional references to like area 51 and all that shit is really stupid and harmless and so it's kind of fun.

But now there's a resuegance of measles and victims of shootings are being harassed and conspiracy narratives are being used to obscure decent reporting to shield an extremely corrupt president push deeply racist agendas and it's just not fun any more.

I also think that a time when real conversation is necessary conspiracy theories are kind of polluting. Any reasonable conversation about policy solutions becomes quickly derailed if reptilians or shadow government's and such are introduced...and sometimes it feels like that's by design. In those cases we are out matched by an over powered villain and so there's nothing we can do about it and therefore we don't have to do anything about it, if you get what I mean.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Pretty good read

Why we are addicted to conspiracy theories

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...iracy-theories