Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Conspiracy Theories

Not really related to the police misconduct topic, but there's no "conspiracy theory" topic and this one is getting a lot of views so what are your thoughts on this?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...#disablemobile

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Not really related to the police misconduct topic, but there's no "conspiracy theory" topic and this one is getting a lot of views so what are your thoughts on this?

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...#disablemobile
    What exactly are we supposed to be looking at on that table?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    What exactly are we supposed to be looking at on that table?
    According to the FBI 0 murders took place in Newtown, Ct during the 2012 calendar year.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Not really related to the police misconduct topic
    ...so I split it into its own topic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    ...so I split it into its own topic.
    Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rational Wiki
    Santa Claus (aka. Father Christmas) is a nice man who brings presents to children who have been good each year.[1] Proof of this is the existence of presents in people's homes on Christmas morning. [2] The main counterargument to this, that parents buy and wrap the presents themselves, is preposterous. We are, in all seriousness, asked to believe that every parent in the Western world is part of some vast conspiracy.
    Whoever runs this conspiracy, or how it is funded and administered, is of course never stated. No, it is much easier to accept that a magic man flies all over the world in one night on a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer, and that he carries hundreds of millions of presents all at the same time. This is easy once you accept that elvesdidit.
    Source: http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Santa_Claus

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Nazi moon bases is the only conspiracy theory I believe in. We shouldn't worry about all the conflict on Earth while the Second World War isn't even over. Send our boys to the moon and give Hitler hell!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    Nazi moon bases is the only conspiracy theory I believe in. We shouldn't worry about all the conflict on Earth while the Second World War isn't even over. Send our boys to the moon and give Hitler hell!
    Iron Sky is the best documentary I've seen in years.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My fave is the guy who says we have bases on Mars and Titan and there's an actual Earth Defense Squad that fight off alien invasions at the edge of the solar system. Frankly, I want in.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    My fave is the guy who says we have bases on Mars and Titan and there's an actual Earth Defense Squad that fight off alien invasions at the edge of the solar system. Frankly, I want in.
    I worked with a useless hippie who talked about a "documentary" he watched about how there's already bases on Mars because of the wormhole technology the World Government has. Also, intergalactic space navy.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    10 conspiracy theories based in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining"...

...there's even a documentary about them called "Room 237" (watch only if you have WAY too much time in your hands)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite one is the Illuminati/Freemason/New World Order conspiracy theory.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Room 237 was the most BORING thing I have seen in my life.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love reading, seeing and watching conspiracy theory articles, shows and videos. I don't believe them really but a lot are compelling.

I suggest anyone who is into the stuff to watch reruns of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura!

Even if not true, amusing and good stuff to watch.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I love reading, seeing and watching conspiracy theory articles, shows and videos. I don't believe them really but a lot are compelling.

I suggest anyone who is into the stuff to watch reruns of Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura!

Even if not true, amusing and good stuff to watch.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Rough-Guid.../dp/1409362450

Read this book a few years ago. Pretty entertaining stuff. Some of them were quite funny, it's hard to believe people take some of them as truth.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Rough-Guid.../dp/1409362450

Read this book a few years ago. Pretty entertaining stuff. Some of them were quite funny, it's hard to believe people take some of them as truth.
    Lizard people are the most head scratching theory I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Same. One from the book was Elvis killed JFK because he was jealous of his popularity.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Same. One from the book was Elvis killed JFK because he was jealous of his popularity.
    I hope that really happened, Elvis avenged Marilyn Monroe's death! :P

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, Elvis did become friends with Nixon and they shared an enemies list that included the Beatles.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Sorry i couldn't resist...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Gay agenda Sounds silly to me, but it's out there regardless.

Homosexual agenda (or gay agenda) is a term introduced by some conservative Christians in the United States as a disparaging way to describe the advocacy of cultural acceptance and normalization of non-heterosexual orientations and relationships. The term refers to efforts to change government policies and laws on LGBT rights related issues. The term has also been used by some social conservatives and others to describe alleged goals of LGBT rights activists, such as recruiting heterosexuals into what they term a "homosexual lifestyle".
    Pretty far out there, huh?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I have a gay agenda. Going grocery shopping and then to the pub in the afternoon. Gonna bring down the Christian world with my pint and new bottle of conditioner.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Good grief, I found another one about the gays: Velvet Mafia

So apparently, there's this Gay Mafia prancing around whacking off those who dare speak out against the Gay agenda. C'mon guys, is this for real?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Good grief, I found another one about the gays: Velvet Mafia

So apparently, there's this Gay Mafia prancing around whacking off those who dare speak out against the Gay agenda. C'mon guys, is this for real?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    There surely must be a drag queen going by the name "Gayle Agenda" or something like that.

Also, there's a theory that the Nazis survived on an outpost in an antarctic region called New Swabia.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post
    There surely must be a drag queen going by the name "Gayle Agenda" or something like that.

Also, there's a theory that the Nazis survived on an outpost in an antarctic region called New Swabia.
    If I was doing drag now, my stage name would be "Ebola Gay" . Also, time to read up on these frozen Nazis. Should be a hoot!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Remember the letters filled with Anthrax spores that turned up in America just after 9/11?

Turns out they were sent by an American who had patented Anthrax treatments and wanted a nice state security contract

They were just about to nick him, and he turned up dead.

This is all 100% true and a matter of record, they just don't shout it from the rooftops. Pretty funny because people believe the most ridiculous 9/11/terror war conspiracy theories and yet I have never seen anyone mention this totally verifiable yet unbelievable story

edit - just remembered he was also on the FBI team investigating the anthrax letters. It really is straight out of 24

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Another compelling conspiracy theory I've seen/read about is the bunkers and havens in the Ozark Mountains.

http://www.mindinvasions.com/the-ozarks-conspiracy.html

I watched videos and it does somewhat support it oddly, not sure what's the purpose though.

4,500th post. Whooo hoooo!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    people who believe every conspiracy theory they read, like my sister in law, drive me crazy. i can't have a rational conversation with her about fringe subjects. (she's convinced that we have teleported people to mars)

HOWEVEr, there are some things out there that are true and/or baffling.
    Things like the fact that there was never any attack in the Gulf of Tonkin, which was our justification for the invading Viet Nam, are proof that not all conspiracy theories are bullshit.

The whole UFO thing interests me, but now that we know that our gvmt has been actively disseminating misinformation, you never know what's real and what isn't. I saw a documentary called Mirage Men that gets into recently declassified stuff that shows the length to which the US gvmt has gone to confuse people about UFOs. They literally drove one man crazy by making him think that he was recieving alien transmissions on his computer and radio (they stole his computer and switched it with theirs.)

I will admit that i most DEFINitely believe in interdimensional "visitors." I'm not sure about the interstellar variety.

And fucking september 11th.
    I'm not a hardcore truther, but SOMEthing fishy happened that day.
    Why did Norad stand down, and why were they engaged in excercises that involved planes crashing into buildings on the day that such an unlikely scenario really went down?

And my biggest question is WHAt iN THE FUCK happened to the two planes that didn't hit the towers? Why was there no debris?
    I believe that those two planes were somehow vaporized, maybe with a small tactical nuclear device.

So yeah, i'm a conspiracy theorist, but i take it all with a grain of salt, unlike my sister in law who expects the Annunaki to arrive any day.