Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    HOLY shit. Ok, in all my years of digging around in the conspiracy world, I never heard of Operation Mindfuck.

It turns out that the entire "Illuminati Runs the World" bullshit was cooked up by bored hippies who wanted to fuck with the conservative establishment, with help from a couple of authors and the KLF. (I always THOUGHT those KLF videos looked remarkably occultish.) They did it to fuck with the conservative establishment, but it sort of backfired as culture started turning left.

CHRIST'S SAKE, though. This explains a LOT.

Go down the O M rabbit hole for yourself: it's particularly illuminating.

Now, all.this being said: there is still nefarious shit that goes on. But, this explains some of the more common and outlandish stuff, and makes more sense the deeper you go.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    HOLY shit. Ok, in all my years of digging around in the conspiracy world, I never heard of Operation Mindfuck.

It turns out that the entire "Illuminati Runs the World" bullshit was cooked up by bored hippies who wanted to fuck with the conservative establishment, with help from a couple of authors and the KLF. (I always THOUGHT those KLF videos looked remarkably occultish.) They did it to fuck with the conservative establishment, but it sort of backfired as culture started turning left.

CHRIST'S SAKE, though. This explains a LOT.

Go down the O M rabbit hole for yourself: it's particularly illuminating.

Now, all.this being said: there is still nefarious shit that goes on. But, this explains some of the more common and outlandish stuff, and makes more sense the deeper you go.

Finally a "conspiracy video" with brains, i've known about the "V" Series for a long time (hell, my dad used to watch it...) and i can't believe how strong the "reptilian conspiracy" got over the years (and how cheesy it is...).
    I'm not saying that "everything is as it is", sure there's hidden truths, but a lot of times, the "Theories" are just that, Theories, and ignorant people will always classify a theory for a fact (not even knowing where it came from or why it's so popular on the first place...)

Want to question everything?
    First question your own questions...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Okay, as someone as who is quite familiar with the Thornley and RAW stuff (sacred hot dogs and the pentabarf and we can't forget about Bob Dobbs), the explanation in the video is... lacking. While it is certainly true that they put some effort into Operation Mindfuck, they were far from the only thought leaders doing it...). And if they claim that the Illuminatus! trilogy is what inspired the online aspect... oooooh boy, they haven't read that book at all (or Foucault's Pendulum). The overlap, IMHO, comes from those poor souls who can't seem to understand that Hagbard Celine and his submarine and his apple fucking aren't real... (and not like that book is complete anyways, Random House's editor told Shea and Wilson that it was took long and so on the way home they took out pages at random and tossed them into the Chicago River on the way back over the Playbook HQ they were working at as editors... and if you've ever the book, then you'll now know why, in part, it's so disjointed... along with being dilberately Burrough cut-up inspired).

The KLF part is... well, Drummond and Cauty both really liked the novel and were working on set design for the eventual Illuminatus! stage play but after meeting up and connected, they descided to ditch it and made a lot of music... and a fuck tonne of money. Their KLF name is even inspired by the novel... (as opposed to their Timelords name, which, uh... shouldn't be a mystery). When it comes to the KLF imagery used in their videos, well, that ties into the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (another Illuminatus! tie-in) and the longstanding battle of them verses the Illuminati (which in part, is inspired by Atlantean myths).

And then there's Thornley and New Orleans and Lee Harvey Oswald.... (which, I think, the stress of which help to finally break Thornley and propelled him into what he eventually became).

Yeah, I've been into them for ~30years... I picked up and loved The White Room on cassette and then my father gave me the RAW book the Schrödinger's Cat trilogy... which lead me to the Illuminatus! trilogy (it, also being printed by Random House, was relatively easy to find) and that tied right back into music that I loved... and that brought on the Discordian's and the Church of the Subgenius.

Let's just say there's a lot more context than that video...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-12-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Okay, as someone as who is quite familiar with the Thornley and RAW stuff (sacred hot dogs and the pentabarf and we can't forget about Bob Dobbs), the explanation in the video is... lacking. While it is certainly true that they put some effort into Operation Mindfuck, they were far from the only thought leaders doing it...). And if they claim that the Illuminatus! trilogy is what inspired the online aspect... oooooh boy, they haven't read that book at all (or Foucault's Pendulum). The overlap, IMHO, comes from those poor souls who can't seem to understand that Hagbard Celine and his submarine and his apple fucking aren't real... (and not like that book is complete anyways, Random House's editor told Shea and Wilson that it was took long and so on the way home they took out pages at random and tossed them into the Chicago River on the way back over the Playbook HQ they were working at as editors... and if you've ever the book, then you'll now know why, in part, it's so disjointed... along with being dilberately Burrough cut-up inspired).

The KLF part is... well, Drummond and Cauty both really liked the novel and were working on set design for the eventual Illuminatus! stage play but after meeting up and connected, they descided to ditch it and made a lot of music... and a fuck tonne of money. Their KLF name is even inspired by the novel... (as opposed to their Timelords name, which, uh... shouldn't be a mystery). When it comes to the KLF imagery used in their videos, well, that ties into the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (another Illuminatus! tie-in) and the longstanding battle of them verses the Illuminati (which in part, is inspired by Atlantean myths).

And then there's Thornley and New Orleans and Lee Harvey Oswald.... (which, I think, the stress of which help to finally break Thornley and propelled him into what he eventually became).

Yeah, I've been into them for ~30years... I picked up and loved The White Room on cassette and then my father gave me the RAW book the Schrödinger's Cat trilogy... which lead me to the Illuminatus! trilogy (it, also being printed by Random House, was relatively easy to find) and that tied right back into music that I loved... and that brought on the Discordian's and the Church of the Subgenius.

Let's just say there's a lot more context than that video...
    WHAT IN THE ALEX JONES?!

Sign me up for the rabbit hole!

But, yeah, i know it's just the tip of the iceberg. I continued looking into this shit that whole night.

mst imprtntly,

KAAAAAY ELLLLLL EFFFFF!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Sign me up for the rabbit hole!!
    John Higgs has a really good book about the KLF and of course, Hilaritas Press has been putting out the Wilson books (with money going to his family; Illuminatus! trilogy, Masks of the Illuminati and Schrodinger's Cat trilogy). Discordianism (fnord) and The Church of the SubGenius (Praise Bob!) ...

and then there's Maybe Logic

and just for fun... Everything is Under Control
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-14-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    John Higgs has a really good book about the KLF and of course, Hilaritas Press has been putting out the Wilson books (with money going to his family; Illuminatus! trilogy, Masks of the Illuminati and Schrodinger's Cat trilogy). Discordianism (fnord) and The Church of the SubGenius (Praise Bob!) ...

and then there's Maybe Logic

and just for fun... Everything is Under Control
    have you seen that Church of the SubGenius doc? I looooooove that that shit started in Dallas, where I earned my stripes.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-14-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    have you seen that Church of the SubGenius doc? I looooooove that that shit started in Dallas, where I earned my stripes.
    This one?

No... not yet... *rents on iTunes* well, at least I have tonight sorted out.