Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theories

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Oh I really like this one. It's perhaps more of an, well, unsolved mystery (haha) than a conspiracy theory but still. I do believe it's possible too.
    Oh, yeah, like the Bermuda Triangle?

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the Bermuda Triangle. People STILL disappear there. Like Detroit restauranteur, Chuck Muer. Poof.

I'm STILL afraid of the Bermuda Triangle, LOL.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Oh, yeah, like the Bermuda Triangle?

When I was a kid, I was obsessed with the Bermuda Triangle. People STILL disappear there. Like Detroit restauranteur, Chuck Muer. Poof.

I'm STILL afraid of the Bermuda Triangle, LOL.
    Oh yes, the Bermuda Triangle still is scary and intriguing. In the last few years, scientific explanations started to appear about what may be happening in that darn Triangle. It hasn't brought anyone back though.

Where is that damn Cyclops???

Also: the Mary Celeste. Not in the Triangle but still creeps me out so much.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @marodi , I was thinking of a "creepy" thread, myself: some sort of unsolved mystery/creepy thread would be cool, for those of us who get into such things.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    @marodi , I was thinking of a "creepy" thread, myself: some sort of unsolved mystery/creepy thread would be cool, for those of us who get into such things.
    Resurrect this thread? -

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...ghlight=Creepy

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Damn Fine Idea!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Well, it's been cool, being a conspiracy theorist.

Now that the Big Steal of 2020 is going to be the main topic of discussion for the rest of our lives, I'll not be participating.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok, I had a morbid curiosity. Thescariestmovieever, which used to be a cool, fairly large channel about the occult in the media, but has sadly lurched to the right...

Is suggesting that trump supporters will likely be saved by the literal rapture.
    Lololololol.

I'm never listening to this dude again, and I'm going to tell him why, in a lengthy Facebook message.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I've decided I don't believe anything anymore. unless I see it with my own eyes. I don't believe the mainstream media, I don't believe conspiracy theorists. Everyone has a damn agenda.

I'm tired of it all. Go outside. Live life, make art, enjoy your time with the people you love. I'm done with it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    I've decided I don't believe anything anymore. unless I see it with my own eyes. I don't believe the mainstream media, I don't believe conspiracy theorists. Everyone has a damn agenda.
    I've sort of been in the same boat for awhile.

I've watched people who interested me for ten fucking years, who would have NEVER supported a political candidate, who pointed out the hidden atrocities of ALL of the recent administrations, slowly switch to a more intense version of Fox News.

There are a TINY HANDFUL of people out there still keeping an eye on shit, but they're few and far between.

If I were a hardcore conspiracy guru, I'D be looking at how they have us so fucking DIVIDED, and, thus, easier to control, and at the brink of self destruction. I would NOT be bemoaning the loss of this or that president, and ESPECIALLY not Donald fucking trump, who had enough real life conspiracy shit turn out to be TRUE that we could go on for years, on just that.

There are a couple of things that still trip me out, though. Look into the Dark Winter simulation of '01, which included people who did a coronavirus simulation called 201, BEFORE the outbreak, and the fact that we keep hearing the term Dark Winter.

I still wonder what in the fuck jade helm 2 was about. Is it about what might happen NOW, should martial law become necessary in a deeply divided country with a worsening pandemic?

I'm also interested in the post-election simulations that were run recently, about civil unrest, some of which predicted grim outcomes: you can find this stuff if you look for it, but why was it never on the news?

But, yeah.
    Most of my favorite conspiracy authors and youtubers, though, have become little more than far right shills, to the point that I think some of them were paid off.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    "Paid off" Bingo.

Whether it was by some political campaign or Youtubers ad revenue, these people are how running their mouths for the cash. If anything still holds true, its the mantra "Follow the Money"

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    A friend of mine posted this recently:

https://medium.com/curiouserinstitut...n-580972548be5

It's well worth the read.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is maybe not a conspiracy anymore?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Support it!
    As a child I read in yellow magazines, which described hundreds of stories of "lost" ships in bermuda. And I believed in all this).

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    HOLY shit. Ok, in all my years of digging around in the conspiracy world, I never heard of Operation Mindfuck.

It turns out that the entire "Illuminati Runs the World" bullshit was cooked up by bored hippies who wanted to fuck with the conservative establishment, with help from a couple of authors and the KLF. (I always THOUGHT those KLF videos looked remarkably occultish.) They did it to fuck with the conservative establishment, but it sort of backfired as culture started turning left.

CHRIST'S SAKE, though. This explains a LOT.

Go down the O M rabbit hole for yourself: it's particularly illuminating.

Now, all.this being said: there is still nefarious shit that goes on. But, this explains some of the more common and outlandish stuff, and makes more sense the deeper you go.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I thought Dan brown invented it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    HOLY shit. Ok, in all my years of digging around in the conspiracy world, I never heard of Operation Mindfuck.

It turns out that the entire "Illuminati Runs the World" bullshit was cooked up by bored hippies who wanted to fuck with the conservative establishment, with help from a couple of authors and the KLF. (I always THOUGHT those KLF videos looked remarkably occultish.) They did it to fuck with the conservative establishment, but it sort of backfired as culture started turning left.

CHRIST'S SAKE, though. This explains a LOT.

Go down the O M rabbit hole for yourself: it's particularly illuminating.

Now, all.this being said: there is still nefarious shit that goes on. But, this explains some of the more common and outlandish stuff, and makes more sense the deeper you go.

Finally a "conspiracy video" with brains, i've known about the "V" Series for a long time (hell, my dad used to watch it...) and i can't believe how strong the "reptilian conspiracy" got over the years (and how cheesy it is...).
    I'm not saying that "everything is as it is", sure there's hidden truths, but a lot of times, the "Theories" are just that, Theories, and ignorant people will always classify a theory for a fact (not even knowing where it came from or why it's so popular on the first place...)

Want to question everything?
    First question your own questions...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Piggybacking off my last statement with a bold sentence:

Mainstream conspiracy theory thinking of 2016-now has effectively and actively largely killed my interest in conspiracy theories as a hobby. Real shame too because they can be fun alternative ways of thinking.
    And it keeps getting worse.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    As someone who’s personally witnessed some dark shit in the music world. Enough to know there’s definitely some dark agendas flowing. After all this. I’m done with the whole conspiracy theory world. As I’ve said earlier. I think everyone has an agenda. All sides. Everyone spews BS. I don’t believe anything takes place unless I see it with my own eyes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Okay, as someone as who is quite familiar with the Thornley and RAW stuff (sacred hot dogs and the pentabarf and we can't forget about Bob Dobbs), the explanation in the video is... lacking. While it is certainly true that they put some effort into Operation Mindfuck, they were far from the only thought leaders doing it...). And if they claim that the Illuminatus! trilogy is what inspired the online aspect... oooooh boy, they haven't read that book at all (or Foucault's Pendulum). The overlap, IMHO, comes from those poor souls who can't seem to understand that Hagbard Celine and his submarine and his apple fucking aren't real... (and not like that book is complete anyways, Random House's editor told Shea and Wilson that it was took long and so on the way home they took out pages at random and tossed them into the Chicago River on the way back over the Playbook HQ they were working at as editors... and if you've ever the book, then you'll now know why, in part, it's so disjointed... along with being dilberately Burrough cut-up inspired).

The KLF part is... well, Drummond and Cauty both really liked the novel and were working on set design for the eventual Illuminatus! stage play but after meeting up and connected, they descided to ditch it and made a lot of music... and a fuck tonne of money. Their KLF name is even inspired by the novel... (as opposed to their Timelords name, which, uh... shouldn't be a mystery). When it comes to the KLF imagery used in their videos, well, that ties into the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (another Illuminatus! tie-in) and the longstanding battle of them verses the Illuminati (which in part, is inspired by Atlantean myths).

And then there's Thornley and New Orleans and Lee Harvey Oswald.... (which, I think, the stress of which help to finally break Thornley and propelled him into what he eventually became).

Yeah, I've been into them for ~30years... I picked up and loved The White Room on cassette and then my father gave me the RAW book the Schrödinger's Cat trilogy... which lead me to the Illuminatus! trilogy (it, also being printed by Random House, was relatively easy to find) and that tied right back into music that I loved... and that brought on the Discordian's and the Church of the Subgenius.

Let's just say there's a lot more context than that video...
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-12-2021 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Okay, as someone as who is quite familiar with the Thornley and RAW stuff (sacred hot dogs and the pentabarf and we can't forget about Bob Dobbs), the explanation in the video is... lacking. While it is certainly true that they put some effort into Operation Mindfuck, they were far from the only thought leaders doing it...). And if they claim that the Illuminatus! trilogy is what inspired the online aspect... oooooh boy, they haven't read that book at all (or Foucault's Pendulum). The overlap, IMHO, comes from those poor souls who can't seem to understand that Hagbard Celine and his submarine and his apple fucking aren't real... (and not like that book is complete anyways, Random House's editor told Shea and Wilson that it was took long and so on the way home they took out pages at random and tossed them into the Chicago River on the way back over the Playbook HQ they were working at as editors... and if you've ever the book, then you'll now know why, in part, it's so disjointed... along with being dilberately Burrough cut-up inspired).

The KLF part is... well, Drummond and Cauty both really liked the novel and were working on set design for the eventual Illuminatus! stage play but after meeting up and connected, they descided to ditch it and made a lot of music... and a fuck tonne of money. Their KLF name is even inspired by the novel... (as opposed to their Timelords name, which, uh... shouldn't be a mystery). When it comes to the KLF imagery used in their videos, well, that ties into the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu (another Illuminatus! tie-in) and the longstanding battle of them verses the Illuminati (which in part, is inspired by Atlantean myths).

And then there's Thornley and New Orleans and Lee Harvey Oswald.... (which, I think, the stress of which help to finally break Thornley and propelled him into what he eventually became).

Yeah, I've been into them for ~30years... I picked up and loved The White Room on cassette and then my father gave me the RAW book the Schrödinger's Cat trilogy... which lead me to the Illuminatus! trilogy (it, also being printed by Random House, was relatively easy to find) and that tied right back into music that I loved... and that brought on the Discordian's and the Church of the Subgenius.

Let's just say there's a lot more context than that video...
    WHAT IN THE ALEX JONES?!

Sign me up for the rabbit hole!

But, yeah, i know it's just the tip of the iceberg. I continued looking into this shit that whole night.

mst imprtntly,

KAAAAAY ELLLLLL EFFFFF!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    And it keeps getting worse.
    YEAH.

It fucking SUCKS.

I'm steadily ripping new assholes for "truthers" who SEEMED to believe in the false Hegelian Dialectic, who have become nothing more than right wing shills.

It breaks my heart.

The "conspiracy community" is, well, not toxic, but WAY MORE toxic.

A true truther would NEVER endorse a fucking political party.

I expected more.

It's very saddening.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Sign me up for the rabbit hole!!
    John Higgs has a really good book about the KLF and of course, Hilaritas Press has been putting out the Wilson books (with money going to his family; Illuminatus! trilogy, Masks of the Illuminati and Schrodinger's Cat trilogy). Discordianism (fnord) and The Church of the SubGenius (Praise Bob!) ...

and then there's Maybe Logic

and just for fun... Everything is Under Control
    Last edited by MrLobster; 01-14-2021 at 12:41 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    John Higgs has a really good book about the KLF and of course, Hilaritas Press has been putting out the Wilson books (with money going to his family; Illuminatus! trilogy, Masks of the Illuminati and Schrodinger's Cat trilogy). Discordianism (fnord) and The Church of the SubGenius (Praise Bob!) ...

and then there's Maybe Logic

and just for fun... Everything is Under Control
    have you seen that Church of the SubGenius doc? I looooooove that that shit started in Dallas, where I earned my stripes.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-14-2021 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    have you seen that Church of the SubGenius doc? I looooooove that that shit started in Dallas, where I earned my stripes.
    This one?

No... not yet... *rents on iTunes* well, at least I have tonight sorted out.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That shit was so fucking cute. So fucking quaint.

Anyway, a video thread explaining QAnon... because this is the 74-million-people-voted-Trump shit hand we have been dealt and we all gotta deal with it, sooner or later:

Last edited by botley; 01-19-2021 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    There's a qanon BOOK, that was a number one bestseller for a week. It's, you know, like, inviting you to join. I WILL be reading THAT shit. It would be quite a trip for a Sheeple like me, baa!
    It may be banned, but I ALSO bet I can find it online SOMEWHERE.

It kind of sucks that the original Q stuff has pretty well been scrubbed from YouTube, for the simple fact that I want to know EXACTLY what these people were thinking, and when.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-16-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So HEY. Isn't this where we wound up discussing Elisa Lam? There's a 4 hour docuseries on Netflix called CRIME SCENE: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel, about the Elisa Lam situation.

There still aren't any answers, but, there are details I didn't know, and interviews with people who stayed there, and management, etc.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)