Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Happy Birthday to The Fragile

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think I knew NIN when it was released. My first real memory was Into The Void video. Ashamed to say I didn't care for it. Years later, AATCHB was released and I was about to seek it out to see what this band was, but realized it was "just a live compilation". It wasn't a year later in college where a friend of mine lend me Downward Spiral and The Fragile. It was half good. I had a hard time appreciating NIN. But it grew on me. They felt "important". I was listening to Deftones, Korn, Linkin Park and Tool, and NIN somehow felt like it had to be part of my library. So I eventually bought a used copy of The Fragile. Maybe in 2004. That's when all the news started coming in about Bleedthrough. What a year. Bought the reissue of Downward Spiral, and AATCHB dvd. I was now a fan.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    In celebration of The Fragile I combined all the "new" Deviations tracks, exclusive Vinyl tracks, cassete tracks into one album for me, I know this has been done before by many people but I've never listened to The Fragile like this, it's a crazy long-ass experience but totally worth it.

I actually never heard Appendage, man, it kicks ass, Please already was an amazing song, but this being a part of it?(or following it). Just puts it on another level entirely. It was also just in general hearing new tracks I've yet to hear before, I didn't get into new Deviations tracks as I was too distracted by NTAE to pay attention to it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    In celebration of The Fragile I combined all the "new" Deviations tracks, exclusive Vinyl tracks, cassete tracks into one album for me, I know this has been done before by many people but I've never listened to The Fragile like this, it's a crazy long-ass experience but totally worth it.

I actually never heard Appendage, man, it kicks ass, Please already was an amazing song, but this being a part of it?(or following it). Just puts it on another level entirely. It was also just in general hearing new tracks I've yet to hear before, I didn't get into new Deviations tracks as I was too distracted by NTAE to pay attention to it.
    Did you listen to the cassette version of Appendage with vocals? Or the instrumental version of it?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Did you listen to the cassette version of Appendage with vocals? Or the instrumental version of it?
    The one with the vocals, the vocals on it are incredibly well done, it instantly stood out to me, really dirty

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    The one with the vocals, the vocals on it are incredibly well done, it instantly stood out to me, really dirty
    The Deviations version is better. It's fucking monstrous, and I love it. Yes, I would prefer it with vocals, but the music mix is so much better than the cassette version. If we ever get a Definitive Fragile, I hope we get the Deviations version + vocals.