Thread: Happy Birthday to The Fragile

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    I remember the day that album came out. I was all of 19: I guess a whole bunch of us were 18-20.

My dear friend Abstract, who lived a few houses down from me, called me and asked if I had like $4 and 23 cents or something, (he had most of the money), and we drove to the CD Warehouse to get it.
    Then, we smoked joints and listened to it in my Volkswagen Quantum...ALL of it. Then, we did it again, and AGAIN.

I immediately wrote SUCH a batshit crazy 10/10 TF review for the college paper, that the former white house correspondent serving as our advisor told me it had "better be a DAMN GOOD ALBUM," or my paid position as A&E editor would be in jeopardy. idk if she got around to listening to it, but I kept my job.

the one thing I remember about the text is something like "reznor provides dark nursery rhymes for final days of the Millennium, and perhaps, the end of humanity itself."
    The headline said NIN: NINETEEN NINETY NINE with backwards Ns, of course.

I wish to god I still had that review.

Edit: Starfuckers was fucking incredible to ME, being that, well, it's drum and bass. It's NIN drum and bass.
    My only problem with that one, along with TPD, is that it's like "hey, junglists! I CAN do this, if I want...but I'm not going to."
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-25-2022 at 05:40 AM.