Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1559

Thread: Kanye West

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    What about Late Registration or Graduation? I feel like someone who liked all the Jay Z production work would also enjoy the production work on those albums since it's pretty similar.
    production is great. I just don't really like Kanye as an MC.
    He's ok in small doses (like on Run This Town,) or when he's balanced 50/50 with someone like Hova.
    I just...dude can't carry a record for me.
    He's a production genius and has some awesome concepts too. I just don't think he's much of a rapper.

But hey, that's just me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    WTF was that? You know what I'm talking about.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    So what did Kanye and Trump order on the menu during their lunch today?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/vi...mp-a-hug-video
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 10-11-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    His iphone password is 0000.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Just another chapter in the long nat'l embarrassment that we're enduring. Images like todays will be looked back at with horror and cringe for decades, part. if this motherfucker ever goes down for his crimes.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 10-11-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think maybe he has lost his mind look he know he's going to have a national audience, look you only perpetuate stereotypes when you come off unhinged and speaking gibberish look i'm all for prison and justice reform but the guy you mentioned is right where he belongs, one of Chicago's biggest killers dealers and bad guys. look you have a staff have them do some research how about a quick run through talking about multiverses and deals with Adidas you don't come off as stupid and unhinged and quite frankly as N-word so if you really want to help your people put some effort into it I don'tyou wouldn't pitch any of your products that way but maybe your just too smart for me to understand.
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 10-11-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't wanna comment on Kanye and Trump anymore. Dude has made up his mind about this. Like many of ye's friends and family, I don't agree with it but what are we gonna tell him

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Personally I’m starting to wonder if he’s not as rich (Kanye that is although trump has been bankrupt a shitload of times) as you’d think and maybe been paid by somebody for this

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

edit:

actually, he made a whole string of tweets that I might as well post, but since I'd rather not imbed half a dozen tweets in a row, here's just the text...

I support creating jobs and opportunities for people who need them the most, I support prison reform, I support common-sense gun laws that will make our world safer. I support those who risk their lives to serve and protect us and I support holding people who misuse their power accountable. I believe in love and compassion for people seeking asylum and parents who are fighting to protect their children from violence and war. I would like to thank my family, loved ones, and community for supporting my ACTUAL beliefs and my vision for a better world. I introduced Candace to the person who made the logo and they didn’t want their name on it so she used mine. I never wanted any association with Blexit. I have nothing to do with it. My eyes are now wide open and now realize I’ve been used to spread messages I don’t believe in. I am distancing myself from politics and completely focusing on being creative !!!
    Last edited by Mantra; 10-30-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post

edit:

actually, he made a whole string of tweets that I might as well post, but since I'd rather not imbed half a dozen tweets in a row, here's just the text...
    so how does Trump stand for ANY of that? Is Kanye just stupid?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    so how does Trump stand for ANY of that? Is Kanye just stupid?
    He's not stupid, he's incredibly uninformed and mentally ill. If you watch the interview he did with Charlamagne earlier this year, he's unable to comment on ANY Trump policies and admits that he doesn't "know as much as [he] should". When you take his self-association with Trump being a divisive celebrity who succeeded, and add in his mental illness which includes bouts of delusional thinking, you get someone who supports Trump while disagreeing with all of his policies, yet being unable to see the contradiction.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yuck. No thanks. Why can't he disappear into obscurity like every other rapper as they hit their 40's? Instead everyone still checks for this dude after every dumb move he's made.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Because some of us still enjoy his music? Why are you in this thread?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    TLOP had some gems in it - though I dislike the Wolves rework -, and Ye was a surprisingly crude, honest but good EP as well. Kids See Ghosts was not my style, but all in all, Kanye still has it, so people are rightfully excited about his music.

I haven't listened to the Yandhi bootleg, buf if ye completely scratched it, and will never release those songs properly, I might have to.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The new record fucking sucks.

lol YIKES

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man I didn't think it could get any fucking worse after YE, but this is so fucking bad that I am genuinely struggling with whether this is a really absurd joke or not. It's fucking sad, man.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah listened through it once and there’s really nothing here for me...this is just not really memorable. It’s just bad lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    He peaked at Yeezus (don’t like that album). My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is the last album I enjoyed. 808’s is his best album to me. This new one is crap.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    How much do we reckon Chick-fil-A paid him for that shout out?

What a joke.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I don't care that this record is so-so. I don't care much that with a little work Selah could have been amazing. But I am absolutely devastated how he managed to fuck up Chakras/Law Of Attraction. That song was an unpolished gem, and now we have shitty lyrics for it, and a fucking annoying sax solo instead of the guitars. Kanye just doesn't respect his own talents anymore.

I can't say the record is bad, because it is full with crazy neat vibes. Ending of Selah is so tribal and mezmerizing, Follow God is really cool, God Is quite emotional just has awful lyrics, same with Hands on, really good vibes but trash lyrics. I think this record had much more going for it than Ye.

I wonder if he will ever try to make an actual, good record again. Not that he has to, he has an amazing, forever influential discography, so if even if he stays crazy, he will be remembered as one of the all time greats. Sadly, he will probably has to go completely crazy, or even die first, because some people would rather swallow a cross than praise his work, and frankly, he is not doing much good PR for himself either. This whole release debacle was shameful. Even if JiK were a 10/10 record, you can't treat your own fans like that. And it wasn't even that, not even close.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Easily the worst work of his career. There’s nothing memorable aside from the awfulness of his chik fil a lines and the ones whining about his taxes. How on earth every track here has so many writers and they still feel so half-formed and lyrically abysmal is beyond me.

Also him saying he wants to tour but change lyrics of old songs to become religious is both hilarious and depressing as hell. Imagining him doing a Christian version of Hell of a Life to an arena of confused people sounds almost worth it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've always maintained this guy is a talentless hack.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This is his St. Anger. If it has any good tracks on it, you can't tell because the whole thing sounds like it was recorded in a garage on a flip phone's microphone. I can't imagine how bad the mix must have been when he delayed the release to fix the mixing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I honestly thought the whole "Kanye is crazy!" thing to be a stunt, but this... well, this shows what I know, i guess.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I've always maintained this guy is a talentless hack.
    Damn, I am surprised that after so many great records you guys are actually agreeing with this shitty, edgy opinion. It's funny how one of the most talented hip-hop producers' discography can be dismissed for the guy going crazy and putting on a red hat. Then again, we live in an era where stuff like "The Beatles were shit imo lmao xddd" are common things to see, so I guess no one is safe from being called a talentless hack.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I honestly thought the whole "Kanye is crazy!" thing to be a stunt, but this... well, this shows what I know, i guess.
    I do think it started out as a stunt, however, it appears Kanye is surrounded by too many "yes men". There is a famous story of Chappelle's first meeting with Kanye, where he claimed he is the greatest and will become the greatest rapper of all time (this was told by Bill Burr). Kanye has always had a bit of an ego problem, but he was able to back it up with great releases. I can personally say the only release I've enjoyed over the last 2 years was Pusha T's Daytona.

I listened to Jesus Is King over speakers yesterday, and my 14 year old kept coming out and laughing. I mean, if Kayne wasnts to be Lecrae that's fine, but you'll never be Lecrae.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    I remember in 2016 (when ETS loved Kanye pre MAGA) and "bill pulsipher" got banned from ETS for saying Kanye should "Just Do It" in correlation to the NIN song.......In 2019, "billpulsipher" would be made a MOD on ETS for saying that exact same thing since everyone now seems to hate ol Kanye

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I kinda get the feeling he is aiming this at his new christian loving trump supporting fans, who all view him as their "i'm not racist i like Kanye" get out of jail card...pretty depressing whatever it is