Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
Results 1,531 to 1,559 of 1559

Thread: Kanye West

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Kanye West Says He’s Never Read A Book: ‘Reading Is Like Eating Brussels Sprouts'

So glad we live in an anti-intellectual hellhole where guys like this can open up schools simply because they're rich.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Last edited by october_midnight; 12-01-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    holy shit. usually it's internet hyperbole but that video is wild.

nice
    Last edited by allegate; 12-01-2022 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    That explains why he's so buddy buddy with Manson now, because he's a fucking nazi. How long until we get the Kat Von D/Kanye/Manson music collab?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    That explains why he's so buddy buddy with Manson now, because he's a fucking nazi. How long until we get the Kat Von D/Kanye/Manson music collab?
    I swear I remember reading a few months back somewhere that Manson was actually making a new album and Kanye has been producing it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    *shakes and clears head*
    *repeats*
    *repeats again*

What the utter fuck? Why do I feel like there's an even bigger attention whoring soon coming?

And man, Alex Jones saying "Ye" is cringe...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I can't help but smile. Kanye is bringing down other people with his pure idiocy more than even their critics. Nick Fuentes's "political career" is as good as dead, and Milo Yiannopoulos probably won't even be able to peddle those religious statues now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I vote we ban and delete this stupid idiot's thread just like Manson's was.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    IDK if he is just trolling for whatever reason or actually believes what he said. I'm tired of hearing about this guy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well, he posted a Star of David with a fuckin’ swastika inside it before Elon had it deleted, so yeah let’s axe the thread. Fuck this pile of garbage forever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope he gets the help he needs before his new "friends" make him militant.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Manson thread was nuked because forum users couldn't behave themselves. Not because of anything Manson did.

Just be civil, okay?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really feel sorry for his kids. Imagine seeing your dad going down this path

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I am just spit ballin' here. And I am very tired. So this may sound stupid, idk.

But I am starting to think that our society is fundamentally broken if people can't stop paying these fools attention. I'm not talking about canceling, punishing, tweeting about, condemning, etc. etc, or anything of the sort. I am talking about treating these types of people the same way New York City treats those crazy street preachers. Just fucking completely ignore them and don't give them what they are after, which is obviously attention.

Don't close the thread, ignore the thread. Don't tweet about it. Don't agree with other people's posts about it that share our opinion. And especially don't engage with people who are backing this nonsense. Just cut that shit out of our lives and watch it sail away. Can America just please do this? Because that is what it will take I think. If we don't, well, if we aren't already there, Idiocracy is where it ends.

I'm not sure our society can adopt this simple but very effective method. And I think it is starting to say way more about the culture we have built than it does about any of these individual nutbags.

Idk, maybe it's just my lack of sleep talking right now.
    Last edited by burnmotherfucker!; 12-02-2022 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    This is probably the first instance where I see someone actually losing all the faith from his fans. It's usually "celebrity does/says some dumb shit" followed by "people who never liked said celebrity in the first place say how this is the end of the line for them", but nothing really happens. I know I couldn't care less about his clownery with Trump and whatnot because he's always been a primadonna.

But this time Kanye is truly going down to the deep end on all fronts.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Honestly it's really disappointing that the Hip Hop community is seemingly being so silent about him. Like, I get it, y'all want nothing to do with it and keep your hands clean of it, but he's apart of that community whether you like it or not still. Just feels like someone huge like Jay or Kendrick needs to make a massive public blanket statement denouncing everything this dude is saying and doing and stating this isn't what Hip Hop stands for, etc etc.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Kanye West will not be buying Parler after all, Parler confirms

A Parler spokeswoman told the Post that the deal with Ye was terminated "mainly due to his recent and well-publicized business difficulties." Ye's "precarious financial situation — including the loss of his Adidas deal — played a role in the deal collapse," Axios reports, citing "a source familiar with the situation."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I wonder if Kanye is so fucked up that he confuses his mental illness with something profound... because this Hitler shit is just so lame. Go hang out with Manson and have a nazi party or something. Who is actually going to give Kanye money going forward?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Honestly it's really disappointing that the Hip Hop community is seemingly being so silent about him. Like, I get it, y'all want nothing to do with it and keep your hands clean of it, but he's apart of that community whether you like it or not still. Just feels like someone huge like Jay or Kendrick needs to make a massive public blanket statement denouncing everything this dude is saying and doing and stating this isn't what Hip Hop stands for, etc etc.
    The music industry as a whole is and always has been pretty, pretty terrible about mental illness and addiction. It would be pretty disingenuous to say "this isn't what our industry stands for" - exploitation is built into the culture.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm going to write a new novel about him. He's not going to read it, obviously. "Kayne Fears a Jew."

The news reporting that antisemitism has gone "mainstream" confuses me. It seems they're not really looking online. This has been rampant as long as I can remember.
    Last edited by poinoup; 12-02-2022 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Better grammar!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Could be risky, though. This is a far more delicate matter than just addressing mental health and antisemitism. Speaking out could put a spotlight on the divides within the black community that go beyond the intersections with class struggle. And you can be rest assured that far-right pundits are waiting to jump on that.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's worth noting that Ye was radicalized by far-right ethno-Christian nationalists, like the America First Foundation. This isn't just about a goofy dude going off the rails, this is a well funded movement with deep roots in the mainstream of the GOP.

Have a look at Ye's new buddy talking about eliminating Jews from American life:

Here's some more on him from the Southern Poverty Law Center.
    Last edited by botley; 12-02-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    This is fuckin dangerous!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

edit:

Last edited by allegate; 12-02-2022 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wasn't expecting that "Collision Course Pt. 2" would be Kanye and Marilyn Manson doing nazi mash-ups of their songs.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    fwiw Cole addressed this six years ago:

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Man, remember when I said he was terrible and so many of you had big opinions on that? How’d that work out exactly?

Obviously I’m on board with killing the thread.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Is he still missing? There were several reports last week that he’s just straight up David Miscavige‘d himself

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I saw that as well. probably just back in wyoming and no one wants to go check because it's kanye and its wyoming.